Bored at Work... Give me something to do please :)

LJPowell

Hi all, as the topic header suggests, I'm really bored at work and on the last WAN Show when Linus mentioned about doing a long testing project to test which air flow is best at minimizing dust build up, I thought, "Hey why couldn't I think of something like that because I'm bored as hell in work,".  So basically I'm asking if there's anything people would like me to test.  I'm an IT Manager at the moment and have a crazy amount of tech available (and time apparently) to do testing and alike, whether it be a long project like Linus mentioned or a small one.  

Please give me something to do (and no peeling potatoes is not an option here :) )

I'm away now over the next few days but will check this early next week and will start to test some stuff.... if there's any lol :D

CPU: Intel® Core i7-3930K CPU @ 4.50GHz Motherboard: Asus Rampage 4 Extreme RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum GPU: 2x Asus Strix GeForce GTX 980's SLI Case: Cooler Master Cosmos 2 Storage: 1TB Raid 0 Samsung 850 Pro (System), 16TB Storage PSU: Corsair AX860i Display(s): 3x BenQ XL2720Z Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K95 RGB Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 Sound: Asus Xonar Phoebus ROG OS: Windows 8.1 Enterprise

Just get into coding

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

The great "Push vs. Pull" debate... 

CPU: I5-4690K @ 4.3ghz | MOBO: Asus Z97-A | RAM: HyperX Fury 2x4GB White | GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970| SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | PSU: EVGA 750B2 80+Bronze | 

i dunno...

watch some youtube videos if permitted?

have a podcast play in the backround if permitted?

idk

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Just get into coding

I'm a fully qualified software engineer and am doing a remote PhD with MIT, so know a little about coding already :P  

Been coding in house software for years but writing Windows applications or game addons can only keep you occupied for so long :) Thanks for the suggestion tho :)

CPU: Intel® Core i7-3930K CPU @ 4.50GHz Motherboard: Asus Rampage 4 Extreme RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum GPU: 2x Asus Strix GeForce GTX 980's SLI Case: Cooler Master Cosmos 2 Storage: 1TB Raid 0 Samsung 850 Pro (System), 16TB Storage PSU: Corsair AX860i Display(s): 3x BenQ XL2720Z Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K95 RGB Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 Sound: Asus Xonar Phoebus ROG OS: Windows 8.1 Enterprise

The great "Push vs. Pull" debate... 

I'm sure this has been done a thousand times before, but could easily stress test 2 identical systems and monitor temps under a standard push and push-pull to see which is the winner, if any.  Should keep me busy for 20 mins to set it up and then check back in a few hours / days lol

Find me a iso of the Windows 10 Tech Preview build 10041 (English x64)...

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

"Just"..

I realized after it was quoted the first time that I should have worded it differently. 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

I realized after it was quoted the first time that I should have worded it differently. 

It's okay :P it's "just" that getting to know how to program properly isn't done in a few months lol.

It's okay :P it's "just" that getting to know how to program properly isn't done in a few months lol.

I do realize that, I have a few friends that are into coding, I want to learn but really don't have the time to do so

I do realize that, I have a few friends that are into coding, I want to learn but really don't have the time to do so

When you find the time dude, hit me up if you ever need help with anything, happy to debug stuff or help with your studies.

gain acces to the file server and write /stop (for the lulz) :P

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

Find me a iso of the Windows 10 Tech Preview build 10041 (English x64)...

I hear it's not very stable. People have reported total system crash with data loss. I'd wait...

CPU: I5-4690K @ 4.3ghz | MOBO: Asus Z97-A | RAM: HyperX Fury 2x4GB White | GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970| SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | PSU: EVGA 750B2 80+Bronze | 

What job do you have that allows you the time to be bored and do something about it besides the purpose you are there for?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I hear it's not very stable. People have reported total system crash with data loss. I'd wait...

Didnt ask for a summary, asked for a ISO.  I know good and full well what I am getting into.  Its just Microsofts "Get Windows 10 Tech Preview" page is currently under construction.​

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Didnt ask for a summary, asked for a ISO.  I know good and full well what I am getting into.  Its just Microsofts "Get Windows 10 Tech Preview" page is currently under construction.​

*EDIT didnt work*

Try that

I managed to download from the Windows insider program though fine, although it is very slow.

CPU - i5 4670K || Motherboard - Asus Z87-C  || RAM - Crucial Ballistix Tactical Memory 8GB || GPU - ASUS GTX 970 Strix || Case - Corsair 330R || Storage - 1TB Seagate || PSU - Corsair CX750 || Displays - AOC 21.5 LED x2 || Cooling - Arctic F12 PWM (x2) Corsair 120+140mm || Keyboard - Corsair K70 MX Red || Mouse - Roccat Kova+ || Sound - Thermaltake TTe Shock Headset

*EDIT didnt work*

Try that

I managed to download from the Windows insider program though fine, although it is very slow.

When I go to the page, its blank.  Otherwise, I would have done got the ISO real quick and easy.

post-4855-0-49476900-1426849123_thumb.jp

Spoiler

If you have an Android phone, download MLG Bird. Max out the volume and have fun.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"