Top 10 games in past 5 years I shouldn't miss

hong1204

South Park Stick of Truth

Trine

Tomb Raider

All can be found for super cheap and all are very good games

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3

Uh Okay?

I bought the games asap.

Nice. I own over 400 pc games so I wait for them to drop under $9.99.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Nice. I own over 400 pc games so I wait for them to drop under $9.99.

I lost count after 350, but that's steam only.

Wish I had more free time to finish them :(

Nowdays I wait for discounts as well, but that's only because most game are not "must buys" right now.

And those that are, are on the pre order list.

I lost count after 350, but that's steam only.

Wish I had more free time to finish them :(

Nowdays I wait for discounts as well, but that's only because most game are not "must buys" right now.

And those that are, are on the pre order list.

Same here. I start playing a game then an anime comes out and I binge watch it then forget about the game lol. Last game I bought full price plus dlc was Dragon Ball Xenoverse and currently have over 200 plus hours and that's only because of the RNG.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Same here. I start playing a game then an anime comes out and I binge watch it then forget about the game lol. Last game I bought full price plus dlc was Dragon Ball Xenoverse and currently have over 200 plus hours and that's only because of the RNG.

I was planning on buying it, but I have a hunch a "2" will come next year....

the 3 that i can think of that are a must are

Hotline Miami

Dayz mod

skyrim

if you like story line hotline miami .... but i recommend taking acid first

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Batman Arkham Series

Tomb Raider 2013

Bioshock

Far Cry 3

Assassin's Creed Series (Except maybe 3 and Unity) (AC 2 and Black Flag are my favorite)

Ori and the Black Forest

Brothers A Tale of Two Sons

Bastion

Transistor

Max Payne 3

Shadow of Mordor

Castlevania Lords of Shadow 1 & 2

"Graphics and gameplay are not mutually exclusive."

"Nvidia, AMD, Intel, or whatever company out there has only one end goal and that is PROFIT.

If you think these companies exist for any other reason you're gonna be disappointed my dear. CAVEAT EMPTOR"

I was planning on buying it, but I have a hunch a "2" will come next year....

Yes lol. I won't buy it. Unless they fix parallel quests and z souls.

Metro Last-Light

Tomb Raider

Max payne 3

Battlefield 4

Dying Light

Assassin's creed Unity

Call of Duty Advanced warfare

GTA V (played Ps3..cant wait for PC, will buy it again!)

Wii U games : Mario 3d world and mario Kart 8

Those are the games i enjoyed the most.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Bastion

Batman Arkham series

Battleblock Theater

Bioshock series

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

Dishonored 

Far Cry 3

LIMBO

Mirror's Edge

Portal 1 & 2

Rayman Legends

Sleeping Dogs

Sonic Generations

Spec Ops: The Line

The Swapper

Transistor

Valiant Hearts: The Great War

The Walking Dead

The Wolf Among Us

sonic ew..... 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Dark Souls. Best game in ages.

Diffo a gem in the dust of generic overhyped triple-A titles.

Mid-range Emulation Gaming and Video Rendering PC

[CPU] i7 4790k 4.7GHz & 1.233v Delidded w/ CLU & vice method [Cooling] Corsair H100i [Mobo] Asus Z97-A [GPU] MSI GTX 1070 SeaHawk X[RAM] G.Skill TridentX 2400 9-11-11-30 CR1 [PSU] Corsair 750M 

• The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim

Mass Effect

Alien: Isolation

Metro

Tomb Raider 2013

Dishonored

Bastion

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Dragon Age: Origins

Dragon Ball Xenoverse

obligatory mention of The Last of Us for PS3/4

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

none of the COD gamesi n the past 5 years is a must buy or somethign OP shouldnt miss. more so the opposite

But I like CoD.... People have different opinions you know.

Thanks for all the replies, I will sure check them out!

One question: should I play Battlefield or COD? They seems similiar..

i5 4690k, Z97m gaming, Kingston Savage 2x4gb 1600, Msi r9 290, Phanteks Enthoo Evolv, WD Blue 1tb, CM V650, Asus VX239H, CM Quickfire Rapid-I, Logitech G502.

Thanks for all the replies, I will sure check them out!

One question: should I play Battlefield or COD? They seems similiar..

Completely different games, COD - small maps tight fast combat

Battlefield, large open battles, vehicles, destructible terrain, squads, 64man massive maps, boats, helicopters, planes tanks

I prefer battlefield by a LARGE margin but still occasionally  play COD -

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

But I like CoD.... People have different opinions you know.

But the last couple of COD games dont really have anything that makes em a must buy

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

But the last couple of COD games dont really have anything that makes em a must buy

Well that's your opinion.

sonic ew..... 

Sonic Generations is just about the only good modern Sonic game.

There is ONE game that nobody will never ever forget: Assassin's Creed Unity

A world of blasphemy system requirement and plethora of bugs on day-one release, lmao

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

What graphics card and cpu did you get? Congrats on your new pc.

Well, that's a discussion for another thread (which I will post elsewhere), but nonetheless, I got an Evga 980 and a 4790k. And thanks dude. :)

Edit: Do take advice from the other threads on building your own here -and do take advice on what games to purchase (always with a grain of salt of course). I'm certainly not the most knowledgable when it comes to new builds - or new games.

Well that's your opinion.

more or less a wide known fact

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Completely different games, COD - small maps tight fast combat

Battlefield, large open battles, vehicles, destructible terrain, squads, 64man massive maps, boats, helicopters, planes tanks

I prefer battlefield by a LARGE margin but still occasionally  play COD -

Battlefailed series also does plenty of small maps.

Meanwhile CoD has nothing big.

So CoD is completely forgettable.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...