Please help me build the best of the best ultimate overkill gaming rig

Hi Everyone.  So I need help building the ultimate overkill gaming rig.  I want the best of the best of the best, the catch is, i will only use it for gaming, not for 3d rendoring or anything like that.  I want the smoothest most powerful gaming experience possible.  I had a friend build me a rig, cost me $2500 just to find out that my rig is only average when I was told its the best gaming rig to date.  Boy did i get ripped off.  so i put together some specs from research, but i was told by alot of people that allthough my specs where super omega overkill, most of the stuff I buy would be useless for gaming and i can save alot of money with other parts.  so here are the specs I put together, Also money is not an issue for me.  

thanks man. do you know alot about building computers? becasue i dont and I want to build an overkilling gaming pc rig. I did some research and put together some specs, but ive been told that while my pc would be super overkill with the specs I showedpeople, the problem is if im only using the computer for gaming, then im waisting over a thousand dollars on things I dont need. heres the specs i was looking into getting, but like I said, I will only be using the cpu for gaming. 

Monitor - ASUS PG278Q ROG Swift 
Graphics card - 2 gtx 980 classified
Mother Board - Asus maximum hero VII
Processor = Intel Core i7-5930K 
Sound Card = ASUS PCI-Express x1 Sound Card 
Power = EVGA Supernova ATX 1600 80Plus G2 
Water cooling = Corsair Hydro Series H105
Storage = WD Blue 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 7200rpm Internal HD
Raid 0 = 2 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5-Inch SATA III 
Cd drive = ASUS BW 12B1ST/BLK/G/AS 12X Blu-ray 
Ram = Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2x8GB DDR3 2400MHz 
Speakers = Genius SW-G2.1 2000 - 45 Watts RMS - 2.1 
Keybored = Corsair Vengeance K95 Mechanical 
Mouse = Anker® 8200 DPI 
Fans = ?????

Other parts I need = ???????

So ya this is what I put together, but was told if im only just using it for gaming and want the best of the best for gaming then this is not the right specs. Know any forum or place where I can ask people and get good advice from people who know what they're talking about? thanks man.Can anyone help me out?  Remeber, money is not an issue, and I want the beastliest gaming pc EVER!! thanks everyone :-)

welcome to the forums

what is the max budget of this build?

where you are located or buying

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

also the CPU that you picked needs a LGA2011-3 board which is X99

the board you picked is Z97 which is for LGA1150

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

4790K, Dual 980 or wait for 390X and see how those perform. Defo a smaller PSU 850 is plenty!

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

And so is the RAM- the X99 required DDR4

that too almost miss that one

WOW such fat responses.  Thanks yall.  and as you can tell, i know nothing about computers.  @dragoon20005, My budget is 5k.  but holy crap I cant believe I chose the wrong mother bored and ran, i feel so dumb LOL.  so far I have psu 850, ddr4 not 3, x99 rather then z97, and the intel 4790 is best for gaming?  

Hi Everyone.  So I need help building the ultimate overkill gaming rig.  I want the best of the best of the best, the catch is, i will only use it for gaming, not for 3d rendoring or anything like that.  I want the smoothest most powerful gaming experience possible.  I had a friend build me a rig, cost me $2500 just to find out that my rig is only average when I was told its the best gaming rig to date.  Boy did i get ripped off.  so i put together some specs from research, but i was told by alot of people that allthough my specs where super omega overkill, most of the stuff I buy would be useless for gaming and i can save alot of money with other parts.  so here are the specs I put together, Also money is not an issue for me.  

thanks man. do you know alot about building computers? becasue i dont and I want to build an overkilling gaming pc rig. I did some research and put together some specs, but ive been told that while my pc would be super overkill with the specs I showedpeople, the problem is if im only using the computer for gaming, then im waisting over a thousand dollars on things I dont need. heres the specs i was looking into getting, but like I said, I will only be using the cpu for gaming. 

Mouse = Anker® 8200 DPI 

Fans = ?????

So ya this is what I put together, but was told if im only just using it for gaming and want the best of the best for gaming then this is not the right specs. Know any forum or place where I can ask people and get good advice from people who know what they're talking about? thanks man.Can anyone help me out?  Remeber, money is not an issue, and I want the beastliest gaming pc EVER!! thanks everyone :-)

If oyu want something overkill for gamming all you need is more and better graphics cards, simple. You got like $1400 in useless parts on this list

TBH, spending more than 2k on a build without w<atercooling it will result in useless parts that are just the most expensive, if need need help though you can pm me ^^

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Totally overkill gaming only computer.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($224.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming G1 WIFI-BK ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($326.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card (4-Way SLI)  ($549.99 @ Newegg) 

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card (4-Way SLI)  ($549.99 @ Newegg) 

Case: NZXT Phantom 820 (Black) ATX Full Tower Case  ($196.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Monitor: Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q 144Hz 27.0" Monitor  ($758.96 @ Amazon) 

Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($189.99 @ Newegg) 

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired Optical Mouse  ($64.58 @ Amazon) 

Total: $4502.65

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-19 05:56 EDT-0400

@Toxicable, that is alot of graphics cards.  4 of them?  holy cow i thought the most you can have is 3 at most

@Toxicable, that is alot of graphics cards.  4 of them?  holy cow i thought the most you can have is 3 at most

It's completely pointless and in no way would I suggest ever buying even more than 2 cards, but that's not the point of the build

Just out of curiosity, what was your previous build like? Unless your friend made some pretty poor purchases, $2500 doesn't strike me as just "average"

@Toxicable, that is alot of graphics cards. 4 of them? holy cow i thought the most you can have is 3 at most

4 way if def not worth the price

first is the performance scaling from 3 way is not as much as going from single to 2 way SLi

also just asking do you need it in a hurry or you can wait?

I will say the R9 390X will look to be the cheaper option over the Titan X

LOL!!  2 the most? ok ill go with 2.  wow thanks for all the help, you save me a ton of money so far.  so how do I know the difference between motherbored and ddr3 and ddr4?  im still confused on how each works

This is more inline with what i'd suggest you get. However Titan x and AMDs 300 series are only a few months away which may be worth the wait if they're as good as anticipated.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($224.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($125.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($549.99 @ Newegg) 

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($549.99 @ Newegg) 

Case: NZXT Phantom 530 (Black) ATX Full Tower Case  ($99.99 @ NCIX US) 

Monitor: Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q 144Hz 27.0" Monitor  ($758.96 @ Amazon) 

Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($189.99 @ Newegg) 

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired Optical Mouse  ($64.58 @ Amazon) 

Total: $3069.67

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-19 06:08 EDT-0400

@scioncyde I have the following for my build

motherbored = ga-277x

monitor = led 27ea33

raid 0 = 840 evo 120 gig

psu = corsair 600cx

graphics card = msi 760, evga 760 (ya dont know why i have 2 different brands

keybored = g11 logitech

mouse = anker 8200 dpi

speakers = klipsch thx

hdd = ??? inside the case everything is so jam tight I cant get the hdd out, its stuck inside under the dvd drive

ram = 2 (4gig) kingston hyperx black

case=??? the case is so small he cut open the top to add a fan

water coller = h105

processor = intel 3770k

cooler = 3 random cooling fans

some other stuff I cant seee

I also have to mention that I had to buy 3 different mother boreds because the first one was only a single 760 then I learned about sli so I had to buy one that supported sli, then I had to buy another one because that was over heated within 2 montsh.

@Toxicable, I wont be buying a new pc rig until arkham knight comes out in june, I have school so im pretty focused on my studies, but once im on mid june ima game it up so hard.  I just wanted to get everything ready right now

Mouse = Anker® 8200 DPI 
Fans = ?????

this was what I first had in mind, then some people helped me choose these specs.  

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($224.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($125.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($114.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($549.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($549.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: NZXT Phantom 530 (Black) ATX Full Tower Case  ($99.99 @ NCIX US) 
Monitor: Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q 144Hz 27.0" Monitor  ($758.96 @ Amazon) 
Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($189.99 @ Newegg) 
Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired Optical Mouse  ($64.58 @ Amazon) 

What do you guys think?  I have some people telling me to go for the rapage V ddr 4 and then i have other people saying ddr3 with z97x will this be the est of the best for at least 2-3 years, i only care for the best graphically enhanced fast pace gaming rig ever so i can play any game maxed out and overclocked.  please help me out, money is not an issue :-)  

Whats inside that 2500$ rig you already have?

LOL!!  2 the most? ok ill go with 2.  wow thanks for all the help, you save me a ton of money so far.  so how do I know the difference between motherbored and ddr3 and ddr4?  im still confused on how each works

X99 is basically for the high end where the user require the PC for work like photo/video editing or number crunching or 3D rendering.

Z97 is for the mainstream users