Star Citizen question?

LegacyStijncat
Go to solution Solved by Soplias,

The Ships that are on sale on the website are all pledge packages, once the game comes out you will be able to buy these ships in game with in game money :)

EDIT: The Game packages include a Ship and access to the game as it currently stands as well as the full game

Hello, and thanks for reading this already!

I've heard of Star Citizen some time ago, and I'm impressed by it!

But when looking at the store, I saw ships that were being sold for € 100+.

Will these prices remain, or are there other ways to get ships?

EDIT: also, how do game packages work?

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

The Ships that are on sale on the website are all pledge packages, once the game comes out you will be able to buy these ships in game with in game money :)

EDIT: The Game packages include a Ship and access to the game as it currently stands as well as the full game

You can pick up a package a lot cheaper than that. Look at the Aurora/Mustang pledges for a starter. You can always trade them in for 'store credit' to purchase a bigger ship if you wish.

MAXIMUS VII HERO | i7 4770K w/ H100i | 2x8GB 1600MHz | GALAX GTX 970 x2
250GB SSD boot | 250GB x2, 1TB SSD storage | Corsair 400C | Corsair RM550

Yeah just prepay for the game to only buy it and the basic ship. Also, there will probably be a few ships that are only available as pledge packages that won't be available in the game when it releases, or maybe they will carry a heavy in game price premium.

I am addicted to building gaming PCs but I don't have a great reason to stop...yet...

The way it works is you buy game packages called Pledges (similar to kickstarter) what it gets you is a ship (or multiple depending on the price) and access to things such as Beta access, Squadron 42 download, Arena Commander etc. The cheapest package is $45 i believe and gets you an aurora/mustang starter ships and an Arena Commander pass which lets you fly around play racing or do Vandul swarm (survival). At any point if you wish you can "Melt" your ship into store credits and buy a different ship. However when the game fully comes out you will no longer be able to buy ship with real money as all the ships will be available to purchase in game with in game money.

Its also worth noting that the Rental Equipment Credits (REC) system will be coming in the next patch which allows you to earn credits to rent other ships or equipment in the alpha so once you have a starter ship you can try the pricier ships before you buy... or not buy them at all and wait for the game to come out ;)

A break down of the important parts of a package:

• Squadron 42 Digital Download - Final release of the single player portion of the game.
  • Star Citizen Digital Download - Final release of the persistent universe (multiplayer) portion of the game.
  • Alpha Access - Access to all alpha modules (no longer available).
  • Beta Access - ...beta access... hasn't really been defined beyond that.
  • Arena Commander Pass - Access to the dogfighting/racing alpha.

Future alpha module passes will be $5 each.

All packages include the final release of the single/multiplayer game but the rest depends on the package, the ones marked AC starter include both beta access and an Arena Commander pass.

If we pledge now and get Alpha passes, do we also get Beta access later on or we have to buy Beta passes as well ?

If we pledge now and get Alpha passes, do we also get Beta access later on or we have to buy Beta passes as well ?

Yeah you get access to the Beta :)

If you buy a game package, it comes with Beta access.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Thanks a lot @Soplias @TopplesS @decripple @TensE @Grrizz and @Wauthar!

I was so worried, because this looked like the ultimate micro transaction at first :P

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

Be wary while most of the packages come with beta access there are some that don't, I think all the AC starter packages have beta access included though, just check the list of included stuff in the package before you buy ;)