Apple to launch Android device trade-in program to encourage iPhone upgrades

Nineshadow

And on the iPhone, i would bet 95% of you can do all the things you do on your droid, just in a closed ecosystem, where when you get an app, you know it will work and not crap on you like on Android

Oh come on that's just nonsense...

*opens Spotify to play some music, Spotify instantly crashes two seconds into the song*

-____- Okay.

Oh come on that's just nonsense...

*opens Spotify to play some music, Spotify instantly crashes two seconds into the song*

-____- Okay.

*turns on wifi* 

*phone freezes for a second*

• FB isnt responding, close
  • Twitter isnt responding, close
  • youtube isnt responding, close
  • snapchat isnt responding, close
  • etx

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

*turns on wifi* 

• etx

You joke, this is a daily occurrence for my dad on his S5 to the point that he switched to a BlackBerry Passport and hasn't looked back

*turns on wifi* 

• etx

• buys iPhone <x>
  • things work
  • gets called Apple fanboy
  • only device I own now
  • why

You joke, this is a daily occurrence for my dad on his S5 to the point that he switched to a BlackBerry Passport and hasn't looked back

I do not joke, its an exact description of my situation. also when i turn on data, and stop using it, i lose reception

• buys iPhone <x>
  • things work
  • gets called Apple fanboy
  • only device I own now
  • why

thats why i dont give a fuck about what people think about me, or my stuff

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

I do not joke, its an exact description of my situation. also when i turn on data, and stop using it, i lose reception

Sounds like there is something wrong with your phone.

Sounds like there is something wrong with your phone.

well its not exactly a highend phone by any stretch of the imagination, its the kind of thing most consumers would have, performance wise, and its fully stock. i assume its an LG stock rom bug, but i dont use data enough to care

Oh wow, posting something like this on a tech forum, you are bold mate! BOLD! "NFC has started to even take over bluetooth in the file transfer game..." You do know how NFC works right? NFC is too slow but it is secure, so when you transfer over NFC, you are actually only syncing the devices via NFC, BT is what does the file transfer.

Also, jailbreaks aren't an option for quite a few customers and to those who want to keep their warranty, especially the non-tech people. I agree on the entire Galaxy line though, some Galaxy phones have so many issues they are unusable. :)

Nfc can do file transfers at about 0.5 mb a second. Is that as fast as bluetooth? No. Can you transfer photos fast. Yes. That's what most people do with Bluetooth. It is also plenty fast enough for live audio transfer.

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

"muh open operating system"

Are you telling me that you actually use the openness of Android to it's fullest extent? As opposed to texting friends and playing Piano Tiles?

"muh not overpriced"

Android manufacturers are becoming less different from Apple every minute. Especially Samsung. And you also have to consider the experience provided by either manufacturer's product.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

My current phone is sort of a temporary solution until a certain phone arrives at shops in my county. It has a mediatek 1.5GHz quad core running a 1080p screen and 1gb RAM with stock Android 4.2 and I never get the "Not responding", even though it's running outdated Android, with a shitty chipset, it still works like a charm. Not saying it doesn't have issues, but it's far from what you people keep exaggerating.

If you want to compare iOS and Android devices do it at flagship level, because that's the same price range. Stop comparing low end Android devices to iPhones that aren't low end...

I like the design of the iPhone 6, i think its beautifully elegant, it doesn't have to be flashy

honestly 99% of consumers DONT need anything that the iPhone cant do

This actually seems quite interesting.

Facebook Chat Instant Messenger >>>

Chat with your Facebook friends right from your desktop!

yes, because a vast majority of the android users arent already treating android as just a thing, exactly like iOS. you have your phone. you have your app store. thats all you need. 

very little people actually root and do stuff with their phones.

LOl i would rather have android over iphone, you cant even compare the app store since most of the stuff on iphones you have to pay for which is free on google. Not to mention the performance between the two isnt on the same level. For someone to trade in their Note4 for iphone6+ is like trading a beamer for a chrysler. DOWNGRADING

LOl i would rather have android over iphone, you cant even compare the app store since most of the stuff on iphones you have to pay for which is free on google. Not to mention the performance between the two isnt on the same level. For someone to trade in their Note4 for iphone6+ is like trading a beamer for a chrysler. DOWNGRADING

Thats just you being ignorant :) if you would actually read the thread instead of seeing my post about how iOS is functionally the same as Android for a vast majority of users and go into a ragepost, you would see that we have already determined i am right on about 90% of my points

An age old argument between Apple fanboys and Android fanboys.

They both have their pro's and con's. I use android mainly because I don't want to be limited. I may not need so install apps or root my phone for a year, but when I decide to then I want to be able to. I like how there are ROM's out there that focus on areas that need improvement within the Android OS. 

Yes I can Jailbreak an Iphone but it's a hassle as some of them take a very long time, while others don't. Then when a new version of iOS comes out I have to do the whole jailbreak again. While the Apple store is less likely to get you malware, I'm always conscious of apps and know of warning signs. 

Plus the big one here is that I'm not paying for the name and logo on the device (Apple) but the spec of it when it comes to android phones. 

NFC has started to even take over bluetooth in the file transfer game...

Also most Jailbreaks are realesed within a month of the new OS and , from what ive seen, have LESS issues than my freind's S5. Mine never crashes even with the amount of beta crap on it and his has trouble running the OS its self.

NFC doesn't do file transfers. All NFC does is starts Bluetooth or WiFi direct to transfer the file between the clients.

HTID

1. Who the hell still uses BT for anything but accessories?
  2. How is Flash doing? oh yeah, dead, killed by HTML5
  3. I adored the stock keyboard of 7
  4. Probably not, but most Android makers make you use their crap too (and the normal consumer wont know they can do it in the explorer by just having the drivers)
  5. no idea, a vast majority of users dont care, and business users should do business calls on company phones that are made for that anyway

I have agreed with most of your comments but this is pretty biased.

1. I often use bluetooth to share music or files with friends and at school and it's annoying when I cant do that with someone who has an iphone. It's been critical many times and we had to improvise.

3. Just cause you adored the stock keyboard doesn't mean everyone did.

4. Basically everyone knows how windows explorer works and even non techies know how to download drivers.

PRO TIP: UNLOCK YOUR DEVICE! Unlocked devices trade for about twice as much as the same device "locked" to any carrier.

I like the first five words in the topic title, the rest is garbage.

Green With Envy

A build based on a children's cartoon

Haha haha. Haha. Do I need to add more ha's?

Also @LukaP you say don't attach your self worth to it, but aren't you doing the same with IOS? So the other side of the coin?

Ehhh.

"muh open operating system"

Are you telling me that you actually use the openness of Android to it's fullest extent? As opposed to texting friends and playing Piano Tiles?

"muh not overpriced"

Android manufacturers are becoming less different from Apple every minute. Especially Samsung. And you also have to consider the experience provided by either manufacturer's product.

Muh basic needs are enough and am willing to overpay Apple.

Yes, I do use all the capabilities, rooting, flashing, file explorers etc.

You're just as much a fanboy as the Android fanboys.

An age old argument between Apple fanboys and Android fanboys.

They both have their pro's and con's. I use android mainly because I don't want to be limited. I may not need so install apps or root my phone for a year, but when I decide to then I want to be able to. I like how there are ROM's out there that focus on areas that need improvement within the Android OS.

Yes I can Jailbreak an Iphone but it's a hassle as some of them take a very long time, while others don't. Then when a new version of iOS comes out I have to do the whole jailbreak again. While the Apple store is less likely to get you malware, I'm always conscious of apps and know of warning signs.

Plus the big one here is that I'm not paying for the name and logo on the device (Apple) but the spec of it when it comes to android phones.

I see it the exact same way I get android for the same reasons

also i hate the battery life of the iPhones I was having trouble with my s5 with lollipop 5.0 before but now my battery life Is at the level where I can charge my phone every two days

Can I drag and drop music and not be locked into itunes yet?

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Recently a certain company did this with gaming headset and people thought they are assholes.

Apple does this and nobody bats an eye.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

I myself think its a stellar move. 

1. The iPhone 6 is a great phone and anyone not seeing this is a blind fanboy
  2. Android doesnt really seem to be going down a path it started on, its becoming more and more fragmented, and version 5 isnt really that great, for a new version

And on the iPhone, i would bet 95% of you can do all the things you do on your droid, just in a closed ecosystem, where when you get an app, you know it will work and not crap on you like on Android

@ShadowCaptain did i miss something

If only it had 2gb of ram. I am scared since the iPod touch 4 did not get many updates because of the ram. So I did not even consider an iPhone for this generation...

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)