Apple to launch Android device trade-in program to encourage iPhone upgrades

Nineshadow

1. umm im not sure about you but here, noone shares crap anymore, if you want some picture, its on facebook, or they send it over whatsapp, or crap like taht. same for music and video
  2. seriously, disable flash and browse the internet. apart from a few sites, most dont have it anymore.
  3. i have
  4. yes, you plug in your phone and it downloads drivers, and asks you if you want the software suite from the manufacturer. and the average consumer will say yes, and they get their version of itunes
  5. i know they arent. and business phones arent galaxy s6 either. from what ive seen in small businesses, its either old phones, or low end ones they get for cheap, but almost always, every important employee gets one

1. People do, yes, there is Viber and Whatsapp, but they still do (depends on your location I guess).

2. I agree, but some sites that you have to use sometimes do have it, but it's not necessary.

5. Yup, they mostly are above average phones, your provider will give you any phone on contract so most people have high end phones. I haven't seen an "old phone" in so long...

All of the things I named were problems even years ago when HTML5 still wasn't anywhere near completion and when BT was the main way to transfer files, just because you have alternatives doesn't mean people will use them. Also, you are constantly naming "older people" or your average Joe, well, you average Joe learned to transfer via BT, explaining to them that some intimate photos or any sort of "classified" material is safe to transfer via Viber, Whatsapp etc. is pointless (and they do have a point with that), they learned how to do it via BT and they stick with it! :P

NFC has started to even take over bluetooth in the file transfer game...

Also most Jailbreaks are realesed within a month of the new OS and , from what ive seen, have LESS issues than my freind's S5. Mine never crashes even with the amount of beta crap on it and his has trouble running the OS its self.

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

As much as Apple would love to convert people, people buy android because it's not Apple.

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

name me 2 things that an android stock phone with an appstore can do, that most consumers need, that an iphone cant

Get a new launcher/lockscreen? If someone dislikes the stock launcher experience they can just download a new one. Also, torrents anyone?

Essentially any customization in general is locked out. Apparently apple is too afraid of its users wanting something different, and so removes the option entirely.

Why is Android objectively better than iOS?
  • Cheaper price points for low end phones
  • Similarly priced Android phones outperform iPhones
  • Extended batteries (not just cases, actual batteries)
  • More user hardware freedom (SD cards, repairs, batteries, mini HDMI, etc)
  • More user software freedom (immediate USB storage without iTunes malware, rooting, custom ROMs like CyanogenMod)
  • Better with actual computing. Apple made iOS to accompany their other (also expensive) Macs. Apple intentionally removes functionality that could lose them a sale of a $2000 Mac. Google doesn't care what it kills and replaces. They just keep making it more powerful with each and every release. It's even a viable OS for netbooks and low-end laptops now.

- /r/androidmasterrace

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

lol Flash really? When I moved from Android to iOS, it was shortly after that Adobe stopped making Flash for Android and Google completely removed it from the Play store.

What? Upgrade to a device good for two iOS upgrades, and then you need to get a new one? Fuck that.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

I'm an android guy, but I can already see several of my friends trading their androids in for iPhone):

What? Upgrade to a device good for two iOS upgrades, and then you need to get a new one? Fuck that.

What? Every iPhone since the 3GS has had 4 iOS upgrades. The 4 didnt run great on iOS 7 but well enough. More updates than a andriod phone gets.

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

1. The iPhone 6 is a great phone and anyone not seeing this is a blind fanboy

True however it's not any greater than an iPhone 4 except the physical size. The hardware is great but that doesn't effect nearly anything when the OS has barely changed since 2012.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

True however it's not any greater than an iPhone 4 except the physical size. The hardware is great but that doesn't effect nearly anything when the OS has barely changed since 2012.

Lets see

1. Complete Remodeling of the look of the system.

2. Keyboards (Small but there)

3. Graphic engine has been upgraded a ton.

Would you like me to get patch notes for you?

Lets see

1. Complete Remodeling of the look of the system.

2. Keyboards (Small but there)

3. Graphic engine has been upgraded a ton.

Would you like me to get patch notes for you?

1+2+3= basic re-skin.

There has been a lot of tweaks under the hood but the functionality of the OS has not changed. Anything new built in comes from third parties that Apple copied then shut down.

It's a shame really, cause the actual iPhone hardware is capable of so much more. Of Course if it fulfills your needs and wants then there is no problem aside from your billfold.

Haha Apple, you sly fox. Don't touch my fellow Android users! *whips Apple's wrist with a stick* NO!

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

1+2+3= basic re-skin.

There has been a lot of tweaks under the hood but the functionality of the OS has not changed. Anything new built in comes from third parties that Apple copied then shut down.

It's a shame really, cause the actual iPhone hardware is capable of so much more. Of Course if it fulfills your needs and wants then there is no problem aside from your billfold.

Tell me then. What has google done to change thier OS. From what ive seen, iOS does something Android does it and vice verca.

Tell me then. What has google done to change thier OS. From what ive seen, iOS does something Android does it and vice verca.

Android has more capabilities and also is open to user modification.

Is this compared to phones that never get upgrades? Maybe just one?

I may not be happy with this years flagship Android phones, but no way in hell would I go back to using an Apple device. Done it once, and I felt the phone was almost unusable before jailbreak ing it. It was amazing after that, but I shouldn't have to modify my phone to like it.

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

9HY53al.gif

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

This is a surprise to me. I can't imagine old Jobs Apple giving customers money for changing their Android to an iPhone. I think they would have too much pride to do that.

Other than the surprise that Apple is doing this it's not really much to say. Other big companies like Amazon seems to be offering better deals for training in your old phone, and on Amazon you don't have to get an iPhone if you don't want to.

Aa for the Android VA iOS debate... Yes the iPhone is a good phone and iOS has all the functionality MOST people need. There are a lot of more niche things Android is far better at, and I'd even say Android is better in a lot of areas the average Joe could appreciate as well.

Baby duck syndrome is a real thing as well. Someone who started out on Android will probably prefer it even though iOS wouldn't limit him/her in any meaningful way for his/her usage scenario. The same goes for potential iOS to Android converters. To top it all off with, Apple uses their proprietary connectors so accessories aren't compatible, and you have to rebuy all your apps.

Lots and lots of reasons why people stick to 1 "Eco system" over another.

A and you have to rebuy all your apps.

Well, you'll have to do that no matter what when you're changing different platforms (android to windows phone or iOS or any combination). However, I heard that if you contact the developer of the app and tell them you bought the android/iOS version, they'll give you a key or something to redeem the app for free or give you a significant discount.

...while iOS slows down their older models, iPhone 4/4s is now useless (used it recently) from all the lag and loading. 

They need to make their updates slow down their older i-devices to make their customers buy their latest and (not-so-)greatest i-devices.

My sister is still rocking a iPhone 4S, and damn it's slow. She's an Apple fangirl, so kudos to her for not upgrading, yet!

And for those arguing, whether you get less with an iPhone than with an Android phone, IMO you don't get less. But note that you don't get more just because you overpay.

I'm on the Android-road, as I prefer to upgrade more often for less the money(just one out of many reasons). I currently have an OnePlus One and expecting it last a few years.

NFC has started to even take over bluetooth in the file transfer game...

Also most Jailbreaks are realesed within a month of the new OS and , from what ive seen, have LESS issues than my freind's S5. Mine never crashes even with the amount of beta crap on it and his has trouble running the OS its self.

Oh wow, posting something like this on a tech forum, you are bold mate! BOLD! "NFC has started to even take over bluetooth in the file transfer game..." You do know how NFC works right? NFC is too slow but it is secure, so when you transfer over NFC, you are actually only syncing the devices via NFC, BT is what does the file transfer.

Also, jailbreaks aren't an option for quite a few customers and to those who want to keep their warranty, especially the non-tech people. I agree on the entire Galaxy line though, some Galaxy phones have so many issues they are unusable. :)

Wonder how much they'll give me for my piece of shit Galaxy Nexus.

Now Google comes with a free Nexus for every iPhone trade.^^

9 of 10 voices in my mind say I'm crazy. The tenth hums the melody of Tetris.