Diamond Rings

WillFromGA

I'm all for the fancy engagement ring. I may not think its super important, but I recognize that the vast majority of women think it is very very very important. So men will continue to go to Jareds.

Wedding rings however, I dont want a fancy wedding ring. A simple titanium band that I will stick in my sock drawer and rarely pull out is perfectly fine.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Getting married is insane. Using diamond rings seems like a very fitting way to celebrate it.

Forgot something. If you get engaged, you have to get married within a year. That was the old rules and it should continue like that. Tired of people getting engaged to every single person they ever date for more than 2 months.

My sister got married last summer. and there budget was 15k. which I think is fairly reasonable... but 31k? You could go put a down payment on a house with that. 

If they spend it on something like this, then I approve.

https://youtu.be/gUP8lTj3g38

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

The rarity of diamonds has nothing to do with the personal value which is absolutely the biggest part of it. Actual monetary value means nothing.

exactly. Perfectly said. It is one of the most personal, meaningful, thing you could give someone. It means soooo many things. It isnt the money, or how big it is, its the personal value and it's meaning lasts forever. He picked it out for you to give because he wants to be with youforever and it shows everyone else, that you are taken. for sure. it's the committment. its a step up from a promise ring, It is fully committing and showing how much you mean it and care. When you ask, "will it have any meaning in 10 nyears?", unless she doesn't love you anymore, of course it will. It will mean alot to her for the rest of her life, it goes with the wedding band. You are fully committing and promissing to love her and you want to get married so she is YOURS forever, thats what it symbolizes. then the wedding band put on and to be worn with the engagement ring when you get married is important too. The engagement ring is committment and shows how much you care aout her and want HER forvever. The actual wedding band, symbolizes the  bond between you two for the rest of your lives. you committed to each other. It means ALOT. You can't say it will lose its meaning because everytime she looks at that ring, then eventually both rings, she is constantly reminded of how much you love her and all the memorie you have and hhow special she is to you and how much it means. Girls are very sentimental. 

But why a ring? Why not a book, why not a tv, why not anything else in the world. 

Thse are just objects with no personal meaning at all. a TV? really?.... a ring like that symbolizes so much mre. "Oh hey babe, I got you a nice TV, does this show you how much I care about and love you and want to take the step and commit to you and marry you?" lol yes they CAN BE expensive, and if it is nice, it will be a good chunck of change, but even just that shows how serious you are about it and how serious you take marrying her and committing.