HTC M9 owner to get one free replacement for water damage, cracked screen, or switching carriers

ahhming

HTC has officially announced “Uh-Oh Protection,” a new guarantee that nets you a free overnight HTC One M9 replacement in the event of a cracked screen, water damage or the unfortunate hassle of switching carriers.

HTC UH OH Protection provides consumers who damage their new HTC One M9 with an untimely fall onto the pavement or into a toilet with a free phone replacement within 12 months of purchase. Consumers who don’t take advantage of UH OH Protection within the first 12 months will receive $100 towards the purchase of a future HTC One.

Screen-Shot-2015-03-18-at-1.23.56-PM-640

There aren’t many strings attached, though there are a couple of things to note:

• To get your replacement overnight, you’ll need to offer up a credit card number for HTC to put a $300 hold on. You know, just in case you’re trying to pull a fast one on them.
  • You can also opt for a more traditional replacement approach where they send your new smartphone out the moment they receive your damaged one.
  • The offer is US-only for now, unfortunately.

All it takes is a call to 866-449-8358 or a chat with HTC’s customer service reps online in order to get you on your way.

Source:
http://phandroid.com/2015/03/18/htc-uh-oh-protection/

http://www.htc.com/us/advantage/

That's very very good of them. It's just a shame it is US only.

I'm glad they are adding water damage to this I wonder what they have planned for this live stream today... maybe release date, price, and capacity info???

My Sightings on LTT : June 6th 2014 WAN Show After Party: Mario Kart 8 July 31st 2015 WAN Show: Tesla Topic   August 14th 2015 WAN Show: ESL Topic 
My Rig: i7 4770K | Z87 Sabertooth | 32GB Corsair Vengeance | EVGA GTX 780Ti SC ACX | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD 4TB Black | Noctua NH-U14S | Corsair 750D | Corsair RM850  \
Peripherals: Triple VG248QE (1080p 144hz) | Corsair RGB K95 MX Blues | Razer Deathadder Chroma | ATH-M50X | JBL LSR305 | Mod Mic 4.0
Devices:Mac Book Pro Retina|iPad Mini (32GB) | HTC One M9 (160GB) Moto 360 (Black Leather) Nvidia Shield (80GB) Go Pro Hero 3+ Black

Yea I don't know how they are going to support this since a lot of people are going to use it.

As a current m7 owner and future m9 owner, this makes me wet.

Od course, I'll also have phantom glass on it.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Thats really nice. But they need to know here in Europe and the rest of the world our phones can also break.

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

tldr the phone will be expensive.

Anything does not necessarily need to be expensive just because the company supports their own product.

I've just ordered the phone but I'm in the UK so apparently deemed not worthy enough for this coverage

CPU: i7 4790K-----GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming + MSI GTX 980 TWINFROZR ------MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 7-------RAM: Klevv Genuine 2400MHz-------PSU: EVGA 850W SuperNOVA G2-------CASE: Phanteks Enhtoo Luxe

US only.

Woo.Great job HTC. The only people in the world who break their screens are from the US now?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case.