EA raises game prices in India

CoolBeans

They EA'd that.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Something that pisses me off about Origin is that if you're not in any of the supported regions you are redirected to the European store which charges you V.A.T which is ridiculous and absurdly stupid.

ummm i  feel as if this is worse on paper then any thing seeing how it has a high chance to be pirated in a developing country if you transfer it to usd there still paying less then they do here in the US so it is a big price hike but its makeing the games there as expensive as most other places not that heart brakeing to me 

Cpu:I7-3770|motherboard:msi z77 MPower|Ram:G-Skill Sniper 1866|Graphics:Evga 650ti SSC|Boot drive:128gb Samsung 840|Data drive:2 tb Seagate 7200 Case:Fractal Design R4|Power supply: corsair cs 750m|OS:Windows 7 home Premium|keyboard:Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013| mouse: Razer Death Adder chroma

ummm i  feel as if this is worse on paper then any thing seeing how it has a high chance to be pirated in a developing country if you transfer it to usd there still paying less then they do here in the US so it is a big price hike but its makeing the games there as expensive as most other places not that heart brakeing to me 

they're paying $2 less now.......and the market is much less developed.

do I care much,no.because you should

-not buy EA's games

-buy them used so EA doesn't profit (at all / much)

EA just gave them a reason to obtain it in ways which do not lead to them making as much of a profit.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

I am from India and i can tell you that not a lot of people in India buy games they pirate it  :( . but that increase is just gonna make things worse, because 133% is a lot

Sony Vaio Pro 13 CPU:Haswell Core i5 4200U RAM: 4 GB GPU: HD4400 Storage: SSD Pci-e 128GB (Its really fast), External 1TB Seagate Expansion Drive Weight: 1.06kg (made of carbon fiber) 

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (4.4.2 Omnirom) 

I'm from India and am guessing this is on newer games because the older games such as BF3 [13$] are still at the same price.  

EA has changed the games MRP, but most retailers anyways sell games 40-75% lower after a few months and the exisitng game prices haven't fluctuated all that much either. The only thing is that Origin is showing the digital Deluxe versions of all games on their Indian frontpage, whereas the actual game prices are still, atleast for now the same. If EA does follow through with this, its surely going to hurt those people who actually go out and buy games as now it will probably be out of their budget and this will lead to more pirates. Anyways, it will be intresting to see what happens next...

PC in Profile

i always legitly obtain all my games.... except.... EA games ... where i live origin  does not work good 

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

and EA strikes again!

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

India's per capita income is $1219, which is around ₹74310.24 (Indian Rupees).

This means that Battlefield 4 new price is over half of the average monthly wage... *facepalm* ...Are they dumb or what? 

I kind of see why they're doing it because of VPNs but all this is going to do is increase piracy of their titles and probably make less profit while the people who actually live in India have to suffer these prices (which while relatively reasonable elsewhere are stupidly high there) if they want to acquire their games legally.

Origin is just stupid in general. They make you pay VAT when you're not in the EU, and that makes no sense whatsoever. And they're justification was that the Origin Store is not opened in your country, so we redirect you to the spanish store.

Just use a VPN and purchase on the website, you're done. I bought it with a Hong Kong VPN, cheapest price around...