Need a New GPU for Skyrim modding!

I need a new GPU for skyrim modding with lots of Vram, i currently have a R9 290 (4gb) and use lots of texture mods my frame rate is fine unless i go outside basically where lots of textures have to load and where there is lots of grass as i only have 4GB Vram my fps drops below 20fps. I want a GPU with 8GB Vram preferably and one that i could game at up to 4k on games other than skyrim. and i was thinking of getting the r9 295x2 as it has 8gb Vram and works well at 4k for normal games however in linus's "How much Vram do you need" video he says the R9295x2 only has 4GB usable memory due to the 2 cores and 4GB isn't enough for what i'm running on skyrim. What is the best card for me?

post-198042-0-56640600-1426598308_thumb.

post-198042-0-97224900-1426598372_thumb.

post-198042-0-58844400-1426598473_thumb.

The R9 295X2 is a dual GPU card. It's 2 4GB 290X's.

There are 8Gb 290X cards now, but it's better to wait

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I'd wait for that 390x with 8GB vram

Yeah the r9 390x card 'leaked' specs look amazing, wait a little bit for that.

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

I'd wait for that 390x with 8GB vram

4Gb is max, but yeah, 390x

check how much vram u using

Yeah the r9 390x card 'leaked' specs look amazing, wait a little bit for that.

4Gb is max, but yeah, 390x

check how much vram u using

Seeing how my Skyrim eats up 3GB vram in 1080p. 

The 390/x would be the ideal card if one wants to play at 2K

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

The 8GB 390X is probably the one to wait for. Although, bear in mind that Modded Skyrim at 4K with an ENB is just not going to work. I get on average around 20FPS with 2x GTX Titan Blacks with the ENB turned on (50FPS or so with it off). It does make for some extremely good screenshots though. 

As said can wait for 390X which is probably a good one and good specification too which may help you.

390x is your best bet right now. 980 might work i know i run skyrim maxxed with insane ENBs and grass on my 780ti at 40 fps and it sits at 2.9gb vram usage. that is at 1080p though, Your frame ddrops are most caused by your card just not being powerful enough not just the Vram,

Also NOTHING for at least 2 years will run modded skyrim at 4k. It just isnt gonna happen

a 295x2 has a total of 8gb vram but it's 2 4gb cards so it has 4gb of usable vram in games.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

The 8GB 390X is probably the one to wait for. Although, bear in mind that Modded Skyrim at 4K with an ENB is just not going to work. I get on average around 20FPS with 2x GTX Titan Blacks with the ENB turned on (50FPS or so with it off). It does make for some extremely good screenshots though. 

Really? With DoF off at 4k I was getting 20-25fps and with ENB off I'm pinned at 60 (R9 290). That wasn't in a city though so it could be different, I only walked around for a few minutes because the low fps was making me sick. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Really? With DoF off at 4k I was getting 20-25fps and with ENB off I'm pinned at 60 (R9 290). That wasn't in a city though so it could be different, I only walked around for a few minutes because the low fps was making me sick. 

Yep. My game uses around 5.2GB in some cities, with a stupid amount of high res textures. 

Game looks like this currently: 

rlDXLMp.jpg

Need to install an ENB. My 980 caps at 60 at all times with no visual mods. I'll report on it later tonight. :P Still, it has only 4GB of VRAM.

yes this is the exact same reason I'm considering either upgrading my GPU or just getting a new PC because my CPU I feel like is getting so outdated (it's a i7 2600k quad core) and I think my memory might be too far outdated as well at DDR 3 SDRAM 1333mghz. I think it's a combination of the graphics card, the CPU, and the memory keeping my FPS lower in Skyrim heavily modded... It really sucks having to hold back with the mods that I would love to put in my world of Skyrim. Any suggestions?

Save up money for the new PC? Or getting a new GPU like the Titan X that is coming out with its whopping 12 GB of the VRAM?

Yeah I would wait for the 390x anything else does not seem like a major upgrade imo

On a side note how the heck do you guys not run into the 3.1 gig ram limit I tried to use a few texture mods and enbs but I kept hitting that ram limit and would crash like crazy

Seeing how my Skyrim eats up 3GB vram in 1080p. 

The 390/x would be the ideal card if one wants to play at 2K

maybe 4k

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

yes this is the exact same reason I'm considering either upgrading my GPU or just getting a new PC because my CPU I feel like is getting so outdated (it's a i7 2600k quad core) and I think my memory might be too far outdated as well at DDR 3 SDRAM 1333mghz. I think it's a combination of the graphics card, the CPU, and the memory keeping my FPS lower in Skyrim heavily modded... It really sucks having to hold back with the mods that I would love to put in my world of Skyrim. Any suggestions?

Save up money for the new PC? Or getting a new GPU like the Titan X that is coming out with its whopping 12 GB of the VRAM?

2600k is still an amazing gaming chip when overclocked, I wouldn't bother upgrading that. Games don't benefit from faster ram (at least in any way that's significant). The best thing for you to do would probably get a new graphics card. Titan X probably isn't worth it outside of 4k or higher since the only reason it'd be worth the price (IMO) would be the extra vram, which probably won't come in handy under 4k, we'll see though. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

maybe 4k

4K is still kinda hard to run  :lol:

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

titan x maybe when it arrives to stores...12gb vram??

Yeah I would wait for the 390x anything else does not seem like a major upgrade imo

On a side note how the heck do you guys not run into the 3.1 gig ram limit I tried to use a few texture mods and enbs but I kept hitting that ram limit and would crash like crazy

you need the RAM patch in SKSE to allow Skyrim to utilize your VRAM and exceed the 3 GB RAM limit Skyrim has. There are videos on YouTube how to do this, most notably gopher and his tutorial videos on how to mod Skyrim. 

you need the RAM patch in SKSE to allow Skyrim to utilize your VRAM and exceed the 3 GB RAM limit Skyrim has. There are videos on YouTube how to do this, most notably gopher and his tutorial videos on how

I'm using it I guess I just have to many game play mods

you have to physically create a notepad document in your Skyrim data folder, in the SKSE folder. And name the notepad document SKSE.ini

and in the notepad document just copy and paste this

[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

you have to physically create a notepad document in your Skyrim data folder, in the SKSE folder. And name the notepad document SKSE.ini

and in the notepad document just copy and paste this

[Memory]

DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768

ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

yeah I have it I crash whenever I have Skyrim flora overhaul and parallax textures cause I go over the limit