EIZO 4k 24 inch CG248: Its good, its really good

brownninja97

EIZO_ColorEdge_CG248-4K_001.jpg

Eizo has a reputation for slaughtering other monitors in terms of colour reproduction, some say that they make the best monitors.......in the world.

Please take in mind this isnt optimized for gaming use alas it likely would go well with all your goofy skyrim thomas the tank engine mods.

Instead of explaining everything ill drive straight into the feature list

• Reliable colour reproduction after 3 minutes versus anything from asus taking 30+minutes
  • 99% Adobe RGB colour space, 100% REC. 709, EBU and SMPTE-C standards, 77% of Rec. 2020 and 93% DCI
  • A zoom function because small ui and window's one sucks, cant say for apple or linux's
  • Triple usb 3.0 
  • Useful stand with 15cm of height adjustment, 40degrees of tilt from -5 to 35 and 344degrees of swivel and of course works in portrait mode.
  • Factor calibrated for uniform colour reproduction
  • Two displayport 1.2 and *spits* two HDMI
  • 10 bit panel within the 16 bit look up which is meant to mean it can handle over 1 billion colours at one point in time
  • Five year warrenty to fight against the suicidal movement of monitors jumping off tables. 

Release date: April 2015

Price: Sadly no details however at a guess id say over £2000

http://www.techpowerup.com/210748/eizo-unveils-a-23-8-inch-4k-uhd-monitor.html

http://www.eizo.co.jp/products/ce/cg2484k/sp/  

hey they even have an advert

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

How can you state "it's really good" if you've never seen it in person before.

From reading the feature list. Its like me claiming that the titan black is a powerful gpu but ive never seen one.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

sorry I just don't see the point of 24 inch 4k, so many things would be basically unreadable

I have a lot of friends that own 4k monitors that are 27 inches or bigger, and they say they have lots of issues reading 90% of the text on websites and other things, at 24" it'd only be even worse.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

From reading the feature list. Its like me claiming that the titan black is a powerful gpu but ive never seen one.

A feature list doesn't actually show you how good the colour reproduction is, or factors like ghosting or tearing etc.

You can tell to a certain extent how good a GPU is by a feature list but it's never 100 percent. But a monitor is an entirely different story.

sorry I just don't see the point of 24 inch 4k.

I have a lot of friends that own 4k monitors that are 27 inches or bigger, and they say they have lots of issues reading 90% of the text on websites and other things, at 24" it'd only be even worse.

The way I see it is that the more we shove 4k down peoples throats the more optimized it will become. Yeah many sites screw up scaling for large resolutions.

Listen if you care.

Nice. Especially the colour reproduction on it. The display size is nice actually, so long as the software is optimised for it. Makes things look crisper than otherwise.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I'm still going to wait for their 1x1 1920x1920 monitor

sorry I just don't see the point of 24 inch 4k, so many things would be basically unreadable

I own a P2415Q, that's a DELL 24" 4K monitor. I can understand the issues you are mentioning with regards to unreadable text, but there are such easy fixes to this:

Firstly I set my windows scaling to 125%, you can use any you feel comfortable with.

Secondly I have webpages zoomed to 150% by default, this alleviates problems with small text.

When text is properly scaled on 4K, it looks brilliant, the rounded parts of letters are very smooth and the transition from a 800x600 CRT to this is trully wonderful.

For coders and people wanting to be more productive then I highly recommend this resolution, for gamers perhaps not until the hardware is up to standard.

Comb it with a brick

Did someone mention goofy skyrim mods?

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Ha, Eizo is "THE" monitor for photo editing, graphic design, etc. Stick with Asus and the like if you want a good monitor for gaming.

4K 24inch is the way forward.

Dell has it's own: The Dell P2415Q - 4K 24inch true 8-bit IPS panel, color processor, manufacture color calibrate sRGB profile (deltaE <3), fully adjustable stand, support over 10.7 billion colors. Only 600$

This is like your smart phone. Why do you want a high resolution screen on your smartphone? The icons aren't tiny as they normally should be especially if you have something like 1080p on there. No, you get it for easier to read text, richer icons, pictures form your camera that fits better on you screen without the need to zoom out allowing you to get full details.

Things appears more crisp, and detailed.

Windows DPI is excellent. All Microsoft software really highlight this. Windows itself, Visual Studio 2013/2015, Office 2013/2016, WebMatrix, Windows Live Essential software suits, MSE and more. And you have third party that supports it: Civilization 5 has a large GUI option, FileZilla FTP, Paint.NET, Adobe PhotoShop (other Adobe software as well, if they are not out already), and more.

Unsupported programs will appear broken or blurry, depending on the setting you set Windows for the high-DPI (per monitor, or all, and depends on the program).

Windows is not at fault here. It is the developer fault. Complain to them for support. Right now, too many developers assumes that extremely few people uses 3K/4K displays, so don't bother.

Heck, Mozilla completely ignore this, let alone touch screens on laptops, and tablets running Windows.

I have many many of my software high-DPI ready. And honestly, it is not that hard. Sure, more complicated the GUI, the harder it is. But it is not some super duper complicated thing, it's fairly simple, and Microsoft provides lots of documentation on this.

Windows DPI is excellent. 

Actually, I found an exception to this a few days ago when setting up a new computer for my mother-in-law. She likes big text and scales everything up, 15.6" 1080p laptop scaled to 125% and text is really blurry for everything, including Windows windows.

So it could still use a little bit of work.  :P Other than that one exception I would agree though.

text.................... so smallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Actually, I found an exception to this a few days ago when setting up a new computer for my mother-in-law. She likes big text and scales everything up, 15.6" 1080p laptop scaled to 125% and text is really blurry for everything, including Windows windows.

So it could still use a little bit of work.  :P Other than that one exception I would agree though.

I think it is because you are not running at native resolution. Of course I am assuming we are on Windows 7 or 8.

150% DPI

150.png

See, nice and sharp (click on picture to view full size)

How can you state "it's really good" if you've never seen it in person before.

It's EIZO these guys are all about professionals, hospitals and air traffic controllers use this company, even there gaming monitors are Pro grade. you can pretty much guarantee anything coming from EIZO is going to be pretty damn good and with a nice big price tag.

I think it is because you are not running at native resolution. Of course I am assuming we are on Windows 7 or 8.

150% DPI

See, nice and sharp (click on picture to view full size)

I checked and it is at native resolution. She has all of her computers scaled this way, but none of them are blurry other than that specific laptop. Not sure why it does it, but she isn't complaining so its not a big deal to me haha.

I checked and it is at native resolution. She has all of her computers scaled this way, but none of them are blurry other than that specific laptop. Not sure why it does it, but she isn't complaining so its not a big deal to me haha.

Did you restart that laptop?

Getting a bit out of hand now. Technically speaking this is not a True 4K display. Its an UHD display, it technically cannot be both UHD and 4K when having the max resolution of a UHD display (3840 x 2160). What I'm saying is that what if a display is released that is True 4K? 4K being the technical term for a display being over 4000px wide natively, think about it what are we to call those displays? Real 4K, Full 4K, True 4K?

Its like when 720p HD came out and you may have to explain that is not Full HD but only HD 'Ready', the difference is not as extreme but the terminology applies. 

Project Tank

CPU: Intel i5 4670k :: Motherboard: Asus Z87 Pro :: RAM: 2x4GB Patroit 1866Mhz Intel Extreme Masters Edition :: GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 280X :: Case: Fractal Design Define R2 XL :: Storage: 1TB Western Digital Black,3TB Western Digital Green, 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD :: PSU: XFX Pro Series Black Edition 850W :: Display(s): LG 23EA63V :: Cooling: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler.

Getting a bit out of hand now. Technically speaking this is not a True 4K display. Its an UHD display, it technically cannot be both UHD and 4K when having the max resolution of a UHD display (3840 x 2160). What I'm saying is that what if a display is released that is True 4K? 4K being the technical term for a display being over 4000px wide natively, think about it what are we to call those displays? Real 4K, Full 4K, True 4K?

Its like when 720p HD came out and you may have to explain that is not Full HD but only HD 'Ready', the difference is not as extreme but the terminology applies. 

so 1920x1080 isnt 2k?

Listen if you care.

so 1920x1080 isnt 2k?

In purely technical terms. Nope.

Project Tank

CPU: Intel i5 4670k :: Motherboard: Asus Z87 Pro :: RAM: 2x4GB Patroit 1866Mhz Intel Extreme Masters Edition :: GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 280X :: Case: Fractal Design Define R2 XL :: Storage: 1TB Western Digital Black,3TB Western Digital Green, 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD :: PSU: XFX Pro Series Black Edition 850W :: Display(s): LG 23EA63V :: Cooling: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler.

It's EIZO these guys are all about professionals, hospitals and air traffic controllers use this company, even there gaming monitors are Pro grade. you can pretty much guarantee anything coming from EIZO is going to be pretty damn good and with a nice big price tag.

You still can't straight up state that it's really good if you've never seen the monitor in person and been had the opportunity to see it's colour reproduction and other traits. A spec sheet can say whatever it wants but it doesn't mean jack until that point.

I'm not saying that there's no way this could ever be a good monitor, I'm saying that you can't objectively state that it's good as a fact without any use time, you can only speculate.

As True 4K monitor are absolute rare on the consumer market, 4K is used to refer UHD which is easier to remember, and type, and we all know what it means.

No one likes "qWHUXGA+". No one knows what you are talking about. Just say 4K, or in this case 7K... well I guess 8K as I partially invented it, but might as well be that, anyway, that is my opinion.

any ad for a 4K monitor should be in 4K resolution, SHAME!

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch