Driverless Cars

RevoltTrain

Do you think driverless cars will catch on? And if so would you be interested in a driverless car?

I personally would never be a fan of an autonomous car. I'm someone that loves to drive, it's such a relaxing and fun activity. Also I don't believe you can get a driverless car sideways :P

What's your opinion on driverless cars? I'll never buy one in my lifetime.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

I hate driving, so I want one now. :(

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

I wouldn't let any machine put my life on the line unless I was gone anyways...  Or incapable of doing such a thing.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

I hate driving, so I want one now. :(

Why would you hate driving? Do you live in an area with a high population?

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

True potential of those cars is used only when every single car on a road is driverless. When there are still human driven cars their true potential wont be used.

Would be good for a lot of people in the city.. But I wouldn't own one.

I've driven in Chicago in the last week, and it wasn't too bad. Yeah it was kinda slow sometimes but it wasn't annoying at all. 

Why would you hate driving? Do you live in an area with a high population?

Yeah, pretty much. Driving takes so much concentration and energy from me.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

Bring on the driver less cars. Better if they have a recreation mode where a person can drive, for people that enjoy driving so they can take them to tracks and offroading and stuff like that.

Intel Core i7 4790K >> MSI Z87I Gaming AC (MS-7887) >> G.Skill Ripjaws 2133 16GB >> Zotac GTX 980 >> Corsair 250D >> Samsung 840 Evo 250GB >> OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W >> Acer K2 27" Widescreen LED Monitor  (K272HLBMID) >> Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 MX Brown Switch Red RGB LED 87KEYS Mechanical Keyboard >> Mionix Avior 7000 >> HyperX Cloud

Yeah, pretty much. Driving takes so much concentration and energy from me.

What's the population where you live?

What's the population where you live?

Almost 3 million people in this city.

Almost 3 million people in this city.

Ahh. Where I live is 100K

But I have driven in Chicago recently which is pushing 2.8 Million 

there are a lot of older people or people with health conditions out there driving, and at a much higher risk of causing an accident, running off the road, hitting a pedestrian etc...

A huge upside to driverless vehicles would be helping slow traffic on a busy highway. People that change lanes non-stop in an attempt to stay in a moving lane cause so much traffic slow-down, while self-driving cars would probably turn off the highway and find an alternate route that would be overall quicker. At worst self driving cars wouldn't exacerbate slow traffic by weaving from lane to lane like an impatient child. In theory, self driving cars would be connected to a traffic network, and adjust speeds in sync to alleviate congestion, and prevent traffic jams. So much potential really, once you remove human error and bad decision making.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Let's say it was a perfect world, and this has been perfected. I'd probably get one. Though I do love driving, if I needed to do something on the road while I'm getting there, and there was no one else to drive; I'll just let it drive there for me while I'm working away. Especially for those boring long trips haha.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

there are a lot of older people or people with health conditions out there driving, and at a much higher risk of causing an accident, running off the road, hitting a pedestrian etc...

A huge upside to driverless vehicles would be helping slow traffic on a busy highway. People that change lanes non-stop in an attempt to stay in a moving lane cause so much traffic slow-down, while self-driving cars would probably turn off the highway and find an alternate route that would be overall quicker. At worst self driving cars wouldn't exacerbate slow traffic by weaving from lane to lane like an impatient child. In theory, self driving cars would be connected to a traffic network, and adjust speeds in sync to alleviate congestion, and prevent traffic jams. So much potential really, once you remove human error and bad decision making.

The problem with that is they cost SO much money. I can never see an elderly individual spending that much for a new car that late in life

Google had a modified Prius that was autonomous and would cost 300K to buy. I can never see that being worth it. EVER

That would work only if everyone had a driverless car.

I wouldn't let any machine put my life on the line unless I was gone anyways...  Or incapable of doing such a thing.

So do you never take planes because you're scared of autopilot?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I want them to catch on so people will stay out of my way and actually go the speed limit.

Here everyone goes the speed limit, so that isn't a problem I face. The only thing I hate about driving is ricers. Ugh, if I see another Honda Civic with gold rims, a fart can, and spoiler, it won't be pretty

Oh wait. That's what almost every teen in my area thinks is cool

No. just no

It's bad enough that some jackass thought it was a great idea to remove the steering column and replace it with some ****** wiring. Because that's clearly not a bad idea at all .. /s

Error: Connection to steering rack and engine management lost... Brace for impact 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

The problem with that is they cost SO much money. I can never see an elderly individual spending that much for a new car that late in life

Google had a modified Prius that was autonomous and would cost 300K to buy. I can never see that being worth it. EVER

that will change. once production is scaled to produce millions of them, the price will balance out. There's really no corporation or entity out there that would be opposed to self-driving cars, or try to stop it from happening, unlike electric cars.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

I've driven in Chicago in the last week, and it wasn't too bad. Yeah it was kinda slow sometimes but it wasn't annoying at all. 

Yea, but you wouldn't want a self driving car in the country. Where I live, you cant go 30km without having to swerve or slam on the brakes at least once or twice. Can't imagine how many people w

Yea, but you wouldn't want a self driving car in the country. Where I live, you cant go 30km without having to swerve or slam on the brakes at least once or twice. Can't imagine how many people w

I know what you mean, my city is half metro area half country side, I've lived in both and driven both