Handy tech that YOU can recommend? (under 50 dollars/euro)

a 64+gb flash drive

a flashlight

used monitors ($20 each for 1280x1024)

ethernet cable

switch

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

A 5 (or 8 if you're radical) port ethernet switch.

Very helpful.

I have a 5 port one from D-Link and my brother has an 8 port one.

Be sure to get a gigabit switch like this one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BC7QMM/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=1944687502&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B003X7TRWE&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1VZSH5TPRHJXGE5FRX4Q

617GJ0JvsfL._SL1047_.jpg

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

no I use this free thing called "a life"

hehehe Touché, Touché. You win this round :D 

Dont you mean a 'Fleshlight', eheheh xD

They aren't really handy, far too large for one handed use, unless you have bear hands

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

A power meter / kill-a-watt, like the blueplanet em100.

It's nice to know how much power your stuff take.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

A power meter / kill-a-watt, like the blueplanet em100.

It's nice to know how much power your stuff take.

I guess that's useful.... Though I keep guessing the power draw of my system and I seem to be right :P

They aren't really handy, far too large for one handed use, unless you have bear hands

2much info 4me

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

no man, you can screw them down on a table or put them in a stuffed animal for maximum swag

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

no man, you can screw them down on a table or put them in a stuffed animal for maximum swag

Disturbing.

heh

A 5 (or 8 if you're radical) port ethernet switch.

Very helpful.

I have a 5 port one from D-Link and my brother has an 8 port one.

Be sure to get a gigabit switch like this one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BC7QMM/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=1944687502&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B003X7TRWE&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1VZSH5TPRHJXGE5FRX4Q

617GJ0JvsfL._SL1047_.jpg

psst....

whats a switch do? x'D 

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

psst....

whats a switch do? x'D 

You plug in one ethernet cable and can get multiple out of it

(I have a PC, PS3, sometimes my friend comes over with a laptop and sometimes I work on other PC's)

I need those ethernet ports, since I only get 1 ethernet cable to my room from the router

psst....

whats a switch do? x'D 

Top or Bottom  :P

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Don't forget the obligatory needle nose pliers, snips, wire strippers/crimpers, etc.

You can never go wrong with a powered USB hub!

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

Don't forget the obligatory needle nose pliers, snips, wire strippers/crimpers, etc.

I could do that, but it would probably be over 50.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

I perfer craftsmen hand tools and dewalt power tools.

dewalt never steered me wrong, and craftsmen tools have a life time warranty. I use my flathead all the time as a chisel. even though it says not to. why? because it holds up to it and if it ever breaks, so what? lifetime warranty. with craftsmen tools you can improvise and they never failed me. 

well, a shovel once did prying a car that was frozen onto a car dolly. it snapped right in half. but on the way home, just stopped by homedepot it got it switched out. gotta love lifetime warrantys. my dad still has his tools from over 30 years ago, and they match and work just as well as my brand new set of tools I got last christmas

Don't google that...

The Kingston Mobilelite G*

I perfer craftsmen hand tools and dewalt power tools.

dewalt never steered me wrong, and craftsmen tools have a life time warranty. I use my flathead all the time as a chisel. even though it says not to. why? because it holds up to it and if it ever breaks, so what? lifetime warranty. with craftsmen tools you can improvise and they never failed me. 

well, a shovel once did prying a car that was frozen onto a car dolly. it snapped right in half. but on the way home, just stopped by homedepot it got it switched out. gotta love lifetime warrantys. my dad still has his tools from over 30 years ago, and they match and work just as well as my brand new set of tools I got last christmas

Gotta love those craftsmen tools.

Always laughed at the douche that drove the Mac tools truck by the auto shop when I was in community college. Dude was selling a full size breaker bar....for $200 bucks, I was like "why would anyone buy that? Get a craftsmen for like $90, if you encounter anything it can't break loose, grab a cheater bar, if it breaks, get a new one for free"

Gotta love those craftsmen tools.

I think the best example of the craftsmen quality would be, Taking off a subframe from a focus, we had the breaker bar, but still couldnt get it loose. we took the handle off our jackstand, and put that over the breaker bar to make it longer. 

the breaker bar was bending like crazy, and its a miracle the bolt didn't break. but I just cant comprehend how the socket on the breaker bar could take enough force that a breaker bar could bend and still be fine. 

something important to note though, craftsmen also has a line of chinese tools, they are like half the price. I cant say anything about the quality of those. Im sastified for paying a bit more if it means its the literal last one i will need to buy unless i lose it. 

besides that, id recommend a power bank. or nowadays, a usb cd drive, so you dont need one in a laptop or pc build