Anyone know anything about hearts? my heart rate is 173?

ChipWoodChainSaw

I went out side and jumped on my trampoline for about 2minutes then took my heart rate, 173bpm. I got 29 in 10sec so 29*6= 173.  Is this okay? Sould i start working out?

15 of age

120LB

5'5"<   (not sure on my hieght now but last time about a 5 months ago it was 5'5")

I went out side and jumped on my trampoline for about 2minutes then took my heart rate, 173bpm. I got 29 in 10sec so 29*6= 173.  Is this okay? Sould i start working out?

15 of age

120LB

5'5"<   (not sure on my hieght now but last time about a 5 months ago it was 5'5")

First: I feel like you probably didn't take a measurement right.

Second: Activity boosts your HR.

Third: We aren't doctors, and certainly can't diagnose over the internet.

If you're worried, go to the doctor.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

well i mean did you like test your heart rate right after you came back from a run or something? lol

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

First: I feel like you probably didn't take a measurement right.

Second: Activity boosts your HR.

Third: We aren't doctors, and certainly can't diagnose over the internet.

If you're worried, go to the doctor.

First - Used the spot on my neck

Second - I understand, my question was is what is normal?

Third - you dont say

I don't think you should be able to get 173 BPM after 2 minutes of jumping around on a trampoline...

Probably you got it wrong.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

First - Used the spot on my neck

Second - I understand, my question was is what is normal?

Third - you dont say

First: There are many different blood vessels in the neck, you might have gotten two.

Second: It depends on the person.

Third: Then don't ask us these things, and then be snarky about it when all I gave is an honest answer.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Resting heart rate is much more important for your health than an active heart rate, which can vary greatly and mean different things.

yeah right after

well if thats the case, what where you expecting

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

I don't think you should be able to get 173 BPM after 2 minutes of jumping around on a trampoline...

Probably you got it wrong.

Did it a second time, 30 in ten seconds. 30*6 = 180

First: There are many different blood vessels in the neck, you might have gotten two.

Second: It depends on the person.

Third: Then don't ask us these things, and then be snarky about it when all I gave is an honest answer.

chill m8

chill m8

Just honest. I'm chill.

If you feel out of shape, you are.  Don't worry about your heart rate too much, unless you have heart problems, in which case definitely worry!

If you play a lot of video games and rarely do physical activity to the point of sweating, you are out of shape.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

Did it a second time, 30 in ten seconds. 30*6 = 180

173-180 is within range for your age after activity if you don't exercise a lot. It's a bit on the high side for just two minutes, but nothing really to worry about.  It also changes as you get older. When I was 15 I had quite a high heart rate compared to other people of the same age, but two years later and I'm much closer to the average for my age.

"Rawr XD"

@ChipWoodChainSaw

How are you measuring, are you using your thumb? Because your thumb has it's own pulse which could be giving you a false reading.

I know that totally sounds like a myth and I'm probably going to go and try and fact-check that again but...

For jumping up and down on a trampoline yes, that's actually pretty high, especially for your age.

Edit: Yep...pulse in your thumb.

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

This is not an accurate measurement at all.

Uh it's fine if you're being quite active.

I get about 170-180 when pushing myself on the treadmill. 140-160 when going at a sustainable rate.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Uh it's fine if you're being quite active.

I get about 170-180 when pushing myself on the treadmill. 140-160 when going at a sustainable rate.

Thing is he's jumping on a trampoline...there's not really that much effort you need to put into it really just beyond getting yourself started.

:0/

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

Take a blood pressure test.

I think it ways sys 120 and dys 80 to be normal. 

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

Stop Fapping

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

He hasn't come back? Is anyone else thinking what I'm thinking?

Morbidly obese, heart problem and a trampoline...even separately none of those things are good...

:(

Thing is he's jumping on a trampoline...there's not really that much effort you need to put into it really just beyond getting yourself started.

Depends on the person. To me that's actually normal really, because when I was 15, just running up and down the stairs a few times would easily get my heart rate to 180.

"Rawr XD"