SSD Filling Up/Losing Space

MagicBinaryCode

I have an Intel 530 series 240GB SSD as my main boot drive and a 1TB HDD where all of my games are now stored. About a month or so ago, I noticed my SSD filling up so I moved my last few games on my SSD (about 25GB) to my hard drive where all of my games are located. This gave left me about 50GB of free space on my SSD and I've noticed for the past two weeks it has gone from 50GB of free space to 24GB and I have not installed or downloading any big file to the SSD. Windows says that I have used 198GB of space on my SSD so I downloaded WinDirSat to figure out where any large file might be hiding. WinDirSat says that I have used about 100GB of space on my SSD (which included the pagefile and hibernation file). I have tried disk cleanup and CCleaner, but I'm still missing about 100GB or so of space on my SSD. Any ideas of where all of this space is?

Main PC:  CPU - i7-4770k @ 4.2Ghz   Motherboard - MSI MPOWER MAX   GPU - EVGA GTX 780 SC   RAM - 16GB 2400Mhz ADATA   PSU - Corsair RM 850   Storage - Intel 240GB SSD - OS : Samsung 1TB HDD - Games : WD 1TB  HDD - Other : Seagate 3TB HDD - Backup

Is the Partition correct ?

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

please tell me you didn't de frag and check what you have got partition as well as folder on the ssd

windows is good at creating junk, my temporary folder fills up to about a gig in about a week.. and thats just with some basic web browsing and gaming!

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

I've never de-fragged the SSD and I've checked temp files and such with CCleaner. 

Main PC:  CPU - i7-4770k @ 4.2Ghz   Motherboard - MSI MPOWER MAX   GPU - EVGA GTX 780 SC   RAM - 16GB 2400Mhz ADATA   PSU - Corsair RM 850   Storage - Intel 240GB SSD - OS : Samsung 1TB HDD - Games : WD 1TB  HDD - Other : Seagate 3TB HDD - Backup

Turn off hibernate and shrink down your page file size. 

Also delete files within your Windows/Temp and Windows/SoftwareDistribution folders, DON"T RECYLE THEM

Check your System Restore points.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Use space sniffer to figure out which files and folders are using the most space.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

please tell me you didn't de frag and check what you have got partition as well as folder on the ssd

Defragging doesn't reduce the space on the SSD. Defragging will not kill the SSD nor will it affect its life in any meaningful way.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

The point is with this is that I am missing about 100GB of space on my SSD. I have used programs to find out where all of my space is going but they still come up with 72GB + 30GB or so on pagefile and hibernation file. Even with reducing the size of the pagefile, I would still be missing 100GB of space. I've also looked at the disk manager to check for partitions, but there are no extras on the SSD. I'm beginning to wonder if it is something wrong with the SSD that is causing this. 

The point is with this is that I am missing about 100GB of space on my SSD. I have used programs to find out where all of my space is going but they still come up with 72GB + 30GB or so on pagefile and hibernation file. Even with reducing the size of the pagefile, I would still be missing 100GB of space. I've also looked at the disk manager to check for partitions, but there are no extras on the SSD. I'm beginning to wonder if it is something wrong with the SSD that is causing this. 

Download the intel SSD manager and run tests

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/18455/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Toolbox

run CHKDSK there is a common partition error where free space is incorrectly reported, chkdsk can fix it.

Intel has a program to keep ur ssd in good health:

Download the intel SSD manager and run tests

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/18455/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Toolbox

Make sure ur firmware is up to date and u don't need a page file at all on a SSD.