Has anyone else dealed with Agoraphobia?

Hi guys, for the last 5 years i've been suffering of anxiety and also panic attacks which is absolutely awful and life-breaking (yeah like a serious bug in someone's life) but i most admit that, in the last year it's got really worse by adding agoraphobia to my condition, after i quit my job few months ago it became harder and harder to go out, right now it's 100% sure i'll have a panic attack anytime i go out, not to mention i have a really bad time making my mind in order to go out, once i'm out i'm either completely relieved or absoutely terrified. 

I know it's not that rare to find "techies" and gamers who have the same problem, "hikkikomori" seems to be a very well-known trouble among japanese and i'm pretty sure there's some people here who can help me out.

If you have had the same problem and know how to defeat anxiety and specially the agoraphobia symptoms (which are affecting my life the most) please leave a comment, i'm getting a bit desperate.

Don't get mad, get even...

Therapy is who you should ask for help, not a forum full of teenage techies :P

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I would seek help from therapists and doctors mate. have you done that?

Hope you get well ;)

Thanks, i have, but that seems not to be enough, most of the doctors don't really know how it feels so guess i lack of some patient-to-patient experience.

Honestly, there's only one way to get over something like Agoraphobia. 

1. Find ways that help you deal with the panic attacks, whether that means listen to music, watch tv whatever it doesn't really matter.

2. You HAVE TO face your fear. Go out for 5 mins until it becomes acceptable knock the time up a notch and so on.

3  Diet and exercise usually always helps with mental issues. Get on it.

4. Don't be to stubborn to contact a pro. 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Thanks, i have, but that seems not to be enough, most of the doctors don't really know how it feels so guess i lack of some patient-to-patient experience.

Not trying to be mean or judge you, but why do get so terrefied when going out?

Honestly, there's only one way to get over something like Agoraphobia. 

1. Find ways that help you deal with the panic attacks, whether that means listen to music, watch tv whatever it doesn't really matter.

2. You HAVE TO face your fear. Go out for 5 mins until it becomes acceptable knock the time up a notch and so on.

3  Diet and exercise usually always helps with mental issues. Get on it.

4. Don't be to stubborn to contact a pro. 

I changed my diet and began excercising a month ago and always listen to some music while being out, as i said, there are some good days on which i also travel to other cities and buy stuff and such, what really freaks me out is that there's nothing like 10% 30% or 70% panic, it seems like "panic switch" is either "on" or "off", i think i'll continue the therapy and certainly take some medications.

I've been fighting it for the past two years. (also caused by unemployment) 

Therapy is a good start. and going out more. 

Personally i did not go for therapy. All i'm doing is getting out there. Putting myself in situations that i find difficult.

It's not fun. So i wish you a speedy recovery

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Not trying to be mean or judge you, but why do get so terrefied when going out?

That's actually a good question, when i was in mid-school (even before that) i used to walk a lot, i mean A LOT, like 2km back from school to save some money for videogames and also to explore a bit, i continued to wlk like this for years, in fact i had some urge to go out the house just to feel the air and to travel the land on foot.

I'm not sure, but i've noticed that everytime i look up to the sky (specially at night) i have this terrible feeling of being incredibly tiny and small (like the universe is falling on me) i hate looking up, and that's probaly what i feel when going out, i realize how big and wide the space is and that disturbs me, it's like i could "feel" the space, sounds wierd but that's the bets way i can explain it, sorry for the nightmares :P

I've been fighting it for the past two years. (also caused by unemployment) 

Therapy is a good start. and going out more. 

Personally i did not go for therapy. All i'm doing is getting out there. Putting myself in situations that i find difficult.

It's not fun. So i wish you a speedy recovery

Thank you lad, i knew i could find someone like me here. 

Good luck for you too. :D

That's actually a good question, when i was in mid-school (even before that) i used to walk a lot, i mean A LOT, like 2km back from school to save some money for videogames and also to explore a bit, i continued to wlk like this for years, in fact i had some urge to go out the house just to feel the air and to travel the land on foot.

I'm not sure, but i've noticed that everytime i look up to the sky (specially at night) i have this terrible feeling of being incredibly tiny and small (like the universe is falling on me) i hate looking up, and that's probaly what i feel when going out, i realize how big and wide the space is and that disturbs me, it's like i could "feel" the space, sounds wierd but that's the bets way i can explain it, sorry for the nightmares :P

If the universe were to fall on you you'd be dead regardless if you were inside or outside.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: GTX 1070 TI RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (4x4) Mobo: ASUS Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) PSU: Corsair RM Series RM750 Case: Fractal Design Define R4 no window

Back when my parents had just gotten married my grandmother suffered from agoraphobia, as now my aunt does, and I'm starting to display anxiety issues and depression. Anyway, that's all that, but my grandmother was able to get past her agoraphobia, which she had had for almost 3 years by my dad making her go on walks with em. Apparently it sacked total ass for her, but everyday they'd go on a walk, just around the block, but over time it helps.

If you have someone whom you really trust (a close friend, family member, or significant othe) then perhaps you should try that. A lot of these issues stem not so much from a physical illness but from a state of mind that simply has to be overcome.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

I used to get on and off panic attacks when I was around other people and in large groups. I decided to really do something about it when it began to affect my snowboarding and I noticed I couldn't concentrate on myself and began to have panic attacks when riding. 

Music and forcing myself out the house helped me to over come my issues. But I don't think it's as bad as what you seem to have. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

From all the people i know with such a condition "therapy" has done jack all and the people who "defeated" it did it on there own and the people that haven't are just not ready. Everyone suggests therapy but really those people usually have no idea what this condition does to people, it's not as simple as going to speak to people have a couple pills and your fixed. In most cases therapy is actually worse, people who are essentially afraid of people now have to go into an unfamiliar place and speak to a total stranger about there problem, now how the hell does that make sense? Anyways all i can suggest is continue exercise, maybe try learn some sort of self defense (youtube is your friend) i know this sounds completely nuts but i know people that this helped since it makes them feel safe and bring confidence in unfamiliar place (this kinda also depends on what triggers and gave you your anxiety but may work anyway) and each day set goals to get out, maybe walk to the letter box until u feel comfortable and then set a new goal to maybe walk half way up the street but you have to want to like really want to.

Edit: also when u go outside or whatever don't give yourself time to think about it, my ex would always be discouraged and not do it when she got time to think about it, just do it no thinking.

If the universe were to fall on you you'd be dead regardless if you were inside or outside.

Lol, that's actually a good way to think about it.

i have been a recursive paranoria,ocd survivor i can totally understand your situation best thing to do is face your fears..... find facts go with them.... do not think about death or when will it occur just think about achieving some goals in your time left on this planet .... also do not do drugs it makes it worse or take to alcohol ..do something that takes your mind of stuff .... i still get panic attacks what i do is go on reddit ask questions and find facts ... positive facts ie:facts such as its not gonna happen in my lifetime

Thanks, i think it's been worse, because i have uverused Clonazepam (i hope it's the correct name for you guys) a bit.

Back when my parents had just gotten married my grandmother suffered from agoraphobia, as now my aunt does, and I'm starting to display anxiety issues and depression. Anyway, that's all that, but my grandmother was able to get past her agoraphobia, which she had had for almost 3 years by my dad making her go on walks with em. Apparently it sacked total ass for her, but everyday they'd go on a walk, just around the block, but over time it helps.

If you have someone whom you really trust (a close friend, family member, or significant othe) then perhaps you should try that. A lot of these issues stem not so much from a physical illness but from a state of mind that simply has to be overcome.

I always try to go out on myself so if i feel bad i can face it without anyone seeing me, but i think i could make an effort and try that with my mom or any friend. :D

I used to get on and off panic attacks when I was around other people and in large groups. I decided to really do something about it when it began to affect my snowboarding and I noticed I couldn't concentrate on myself and began to have panic attacks when riding. 

Music and forcing myself out the house helped me to over come my issues. But I don't think it's as bad as what you seem to have. 

When i first had a panic attack i remained completely scared for weeks, still i didn't have any other issues, it's been five years since, and time seems to have played a very important roll in this.

From all the people i know with such a condition "therapy" has done jack all and the people who "defeated" it did it on there own and the people that haven't are just not ready. Everyone suggests therapy but really those people usually have no idea what this condition does to people, it's not as simple as going to speak to people have a couple pills and your fixed. In most cases therapy is actually worse, people who are essentially afraid of people now have to go into an unfamiliar place and speak to a total stranger about there problem, now how the hell does that make sense? Anyways all i can suggest is continue exercise, maybe try learn some sort of self defense (youtube is your friend) i know this sounds completely nuts but i know people that this helped since it makes them feel safe and bring confidence in unfamiliar place (this kinda also depends on what triggers and gave you your anxiety but may work anyway) and each day set goals to get out, maybe walk to the letter box until u feel comfortable and then set a new goal to maybe walk half way up the street but you have to want to like really want to.

Edit: also when u go outside or whatever don't give yourself time to think about it, my ex would always be discouraged and not do it when she got time to think about it, just do it no thinking.

That's true, sometimes when i'm feeling bad i just beat the shit out of my punching bag and that makes a huge difference. You know, there are "important" situations where i really force myself to go out and behave correctly like school, meetings and stuff, but still, i can't handle a daily routine with a job or such.

When i first had a panic attack i remained completely scared for weeks, still i didn't have any other issues, it's been five years since, and time seems to have played a very important roll in this.

Mine usually last a couple of hours. Though, the one that effected the one thing that takes me away from any kind of panic or anxiety attack, it's when  decided to do something about it. I haven't had one since, and it's been about 4 months. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"