Jacob from EVGA either leaked HALF LIFE 3 or is a magnificent troll

LukaP

Somehow he managed to get his hands on the finished product's box/case...so real. -_-

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

He has to be trolling, we all know valve cant count to 3

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I had the same thought. Valve are known for ARGs and unusual marketing techniques. Maybe all these so called 'trolls' are all part of a Valve campaign to begin the hype train rolling. Authorised leaks guised as trolls if you will.

plausible.

I try not to get worked up over it, I'll wait for confirmation.

It was a troll but not from him. Apparently someone made about 50 of these and placed them all around the PAX East showfloor. Inside the DVD case is simply a link that takes you to one of Rick Astley's videos on YouTube.

It was a troll but not from him. Apparently someone made about 50 of these and placed them all around the PAX East showfloor. Inside the DVD case is simply a link that takes you to one of Rick Astley's videos on YouTube.

No idea if this is true, but it's brilliant.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

With the direction they're taking the game, I doubt it will be a worthy successor.

It'll be dumbed down to please fake feminist gamers. 

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

He has to be trolling, we all know valve cant count to 3

They can count to more than 3. Left 4 Dead.

They just skip number 3 as it was not discovered by them yet.

Lol, someone is gonna add this to their HL3 conspiracy theory. Use this as some rock solid proof. Just look at it, how can it be fake! It's right there before our eyes! :P

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

With all the VR headsets coming out I think its safe to say HL3 will be perfectly optimized for it.

However I think we are at least couple of years away from that happening.

Valve however could at least announce the start of development for HL3 :) fanboys would explode into tears of happiness. That would be great :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Things like this are so far past being funny of clever, it will never come out and people just need to get over that and move on. Half-Life is so overblown is pathetic.

Imagine how good hl2 was tho... if the waiting for the 3rd has turned into a religion

Imagine how good hl2 was tho... if the waiting for the 3rd has turned into a religion

Half Life 2 is good but it's nowhere near good enough to have the following that it has. Hence why I said it was pathetic.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

Half Life 2 is good but it's nowhere near good enough to have the following that it has. Hence why I said it was pathetic.

Good thing youre a pointless millennial tho...  not to mention a few hundred million people disagree with you

Good thing youre a pointless millennial tho...  not to mention a few hundred million people disagree with you

Great assumption because all of the information about myself that I put on the internet is true, you know just like everyone else?

I own them all, I've played them all about a dozen times each. They are good there's no doubt about that but the amount of praise that's heaped upon the franchise is hilariously unrepresentative of the actual quality of the experience. With the way people act about Half-Life you would think that it is the only game that has ever been considered any good by gamers and that when you play any of them godrays will shine down from the heavens and impart you with the knowledge of the universe. Valve is smart in not releasing Half-Life 3, the hype has gotten to the point that no matter what they make it will not be what people are expecting.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

"Takes out trollololololol meter"

Definitely seems like opportunity to troll was taken.

Its fake I have HL3 and it doesn't look like that

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

It seems to be just one of those weird things that happens on the Internet; the ridiculous cult around HL3... Most of the people who feed it themselves don't even believe that half life is the greatest game ever or anything over the top like that. It's just communities on the Internet sometimes take hold of a concept and make it into a caricature. This has happened despite valve themselves not adding any hype or even info. I guess it's comparable to what happened to Chuck Norris on the Internet.

I happen to be a big fan of the HL franchise, but there are enough games to play so I'm not gonna spend time moaning for HL3 or making memes about it LOL. Will play it when it comes...