I Dun Goofed... How do I Reinstall Minecraft Jar?

Go to solution Solved by Technous285,

For ease of mind, I'd suggest using MultiMC (or at the least MagicLauncher) if you're going to be playing anything other than Vanilla Minecraft.

Set up an instance (what MMC calls them) of the particular Minecraft version you wan (say, Release 1.7.10), launch it once to get the appropriate files, then mod away to your hearts content, knowing that you can turn mods on/off and have more than 1 version of Minecraft set up at any time without affecting the others or having to copy-paste them around when you want to swap - just double-click on the icon of an Instance and it'll run.

Feed-The-Beast (aka: FTB) Launcher is also a decent way to easily get pre-made modpacks that you can be sure if you've got a bug during gameplay, then someone else can replicate it and tell you how to fix it.

Sooooo... I may have corupted my minecraft jar which sucks!  I was trying to install Tale of Kingdoms Mode as Ive heard its really good and I have nothing else to do and I screwed it up!  so I have a few questions:

1.  Anyone know where I can find 1.8 ToK Mod as I could only find 1.7.10

2.  How can I reinstall my minecraft jar without losing my saved worlds as I have some pretty big worlds on it!

3. Anyone know any other good story based mods which are to resource intensive as my laptop is seriously bad?

Thanks for the help!

It Won't Fail Cause of Me.

Sooooo... I may have corupted my minecraft jar which sucks!  I was trying to install Tale of Kingdoms Mode as Ive heard its really good and I have nothing else to do and I screwed it up!  so I have a few questions:

2.  How can I reinstall my minecraft jar without losing my saved worlds as I have some pretty big worlds on it!

3. Anyone know any other good story based mods which are to resource intensive as my laptop is seriously bad?

Thanks for the help!

Not sure about 1 and 3 since I haven't played Minecraft in a long while..

But Worlds should be saved here:

C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\saves

Backup that and place it back there once reinstalled I suppose.. 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Thanks for the help!

saves are stored in .minecraft/saves.

You can delete the .jar and it will be redownloaded when you launch the game

"Nope, said the engineer"

For ease of mind, I'd suggest using MultiMC (or at the least MagicLauncher) if you're going to be playing anything other than Vanilla Minecraft.

Set up an instance (what MMC calls them) of the particular Minecraft version you wan (say, Release 1.7.10), launch it once to get the appropriate files, then mod away to your hearts content, knowing that you can turn mods on/off and have more than 1 version of Minecraft set up at any time without affecting the others or having to copy-paste them around when you want to swap - just double-click on the icon of an Instance and it'll run.

Feed-The-Beast (aka: FTB) Launcher is also a decent way to easily get pre-made modpacks that you can be sure if you've got a bug during gameplay, then someone else can replicate it and tell you how to fix it.

Thanks for the help!

just go to minecraft files >go into the worlds("Saves") folder>just copy-paste all the worlds onto the desktop,or where ever

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)