I do see the nice points of this setup, but has anybody else used a beamer with a playseat in front of the canvas/screen? (not sure what to call it, english is not my first language...)

I'm doing this for about a year now for racing games (Assetto Corsa, Grid Autosport), and just plainly LOVE it.  

Yes, it does have a distinct resolution disadvantage compared to a multi monitor setup, but for myself I tend to get lost in the action and don't notice it after starting a race. The overall quality of the effects (lighting, shadows, sky...) does far more for me than seeing no pixels! 

It really fills my field of view, in AC e.g. I can set the field of view AND seating position to really feel like in a real car. 

My head is about 50cm away from the screen...   Also really excited about VR for racing games, I had an Oculus DK2 for a while and using it with AC was just phenomenal!!   Resold it eventually because I felt it wasn't quite there yet, but really looking forward to new versions!  (Interestingly the resolution bugged me far more in the oculus than on screen from the beamer)

Again the question, does anybody else use a setup like mine?  

Annotations will be up a bit before the video goes live.

Testing something new, just getting it up on the forum a few hours early for the awesome forum peeps before it's fully merched. Do you folks like that or should I wait until I get description/annotations etc. done to post over here?

This time is great for me. It's 5 am ,just when I drink coffee before going to work. GMT +1 here

Linus,

You need to change your FOV for iRacing, and probably most of the other games you are playing.  You have it set WAY to waide, causing the "fisheye" effect.  I own the Obutto Ozone with the Revolution monitor stand.  The Thrustmaster TX or T300RS would be an excellent upgrade from the G25.  Also the Thrustmaster TH8A is a great shifter, especially when compared to the G25 shifter.  Grab a set of Fanatec Clubsport pedals and you will be set!

nice way spend 10 000 dollars  :P

I have one ASUS ROG ”Swift” PG278Q 2k monotor and GTX 970

Far Cry 4 or something like that games i get max settings 46-55fps

So if somebody buy 3x ASUS ROG ”Swift” PG278Q she or he must also spent fortune 3way SLI cart setup  ;)

And Linus this TN panel not so bad if use of calibration software

My setup for ASUS ROG ”Swift” PG278Q is :

Brightness 48

Contrast 50

Color User Mode all 100%

OD (overdrive) normal

i use X-rite i1 pro and Lacie blue eye together they cost something like 600e but my was loner

Lacie blue eye software tell i still got Contrast Ratio 928:1

So i am very happy for this ASUS ROG ”Swift” PG278Q monitor  :wub: 

Fuck the rest of the video, I'm now excited for the X55 review. Great, that's me going without sleep for a week, Thanks LINUS!

Okay, so I watched more of the video and now no longer care about what Linus has to say. His son's going to be a far better reviewer, he was more interested in the monitor bezels for reflections, fit & finish, backlight bleed and all of the other things than he was being driven into various barriers around the circuit by his terror inducing father's driving.

CPU: FX 6300 @ stock Mobo: Gigabyte 990FX UD5 v3.0 GPU: 1 x R9 290 4GB RAM: 24GB DDR3 1600 SSD: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB HDD: 1 x 1TB & 1 x 500GB PSU: BeQuiet PowerZone 1000W Case: Coolermaster Elite 370 (upside down due to lack of stick thermal pads for memory heatsinks) CPU Cooler: Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120 GPU Coolers: Thermalright HR03-GT Fans: 5 x Akasa Apache Blacks, 1 x Corsair 120mm SP HP (GPU) & 1 x Noctua 92mm
Most of this was from mining rig, hence the scewy specs (especially PSU)

This looks fantastic :)

Was wondering if the new office will have 2 floors because there is enough room for it :)

i need, i want, i wish i had everything, software and hardware, shown in this wallet killing video

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Hey this really isn't complete until you add some buttkickers to it! 

CPU: 5950x @ 4.5ghz All core OC perm GPU: GTX 3090 RAM: 128gb DDR4 

I know this isn't related but this was your most recent video so yeah. I was thinking you should do a budget watercooling build like this one:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/WWn2f7

It has a gpu and a cpu in the loop with a 360mm radiator, and a full yellow and back theme for under $1300. You should really do something like this on your channel. 

Me want

Spoiler
Spoiler

Obligatory PC specs

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz
CPU Cooler: Corsair H50
Motherboard: Asus Z170-E ATX LGA1151
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB)
Storage: ADATA Premier SP550 240GB
Storage: Western Digital Blue 500GB
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB G1
Case: Fractal Design Define S
Power Supply: Corsair CSM 550W

Spoiler
If you are new please read the CoC!

Please FOLLOW YOUR OWN THREADS!

Quote people when replying to them.

PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR DARK THEME USERS.

Mark your problem as solved if answered and like all helpful information.

DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES(!) just type -pic- or tag them as spoiler.

Don't criticize people for asking "stupid question".

There is actually a hidden search feature on the forums here: Search 

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU'RE A FANBOY/FANGIRL. WHAT MATTERS IS THAT YOU DON'T LET THAT EFFECT YOUR HARDWARE RECOMMENDATIONS.

DO NOT POST SPAM!

"I'm going to try to keep this thing...even if I have to put it in my garage & wear a jacket when I use it." - Linus. I know, because how terrible would it be that nobody would ever come bother you out in the frigid garage; I'm on to you sir  :)

I would Love Love Love to have a system like that for flight simulator games like Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen.....But I'm in college and have no moneys.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

Would it be possible to mount 6 monitors on to that?

And would 3 970's be able to handle that for star citizen if all were 1080p? 

He who hates everyone equally has no prejudice. And the laws of physics precede all other laws.

I would consider something like this for Project Cars at some point, though I'll likely just make it myself using an actual care seat, some wood, and one screen. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Nice review.

Maybe this is a dumb question...is it just me or were at least 1/2 the racing games being played in 3rd person? Really seems to undermine the reason for getting one of these.

The flight sim portion seemed amazing though.

CPU Intel i7 5930k - Motherboard Asus X99 Deluxe - RAM Kingston DDR4 32GB - GPU nVidia GeForce GTX980 3way SLI - Case NZXT H440 – Samsung XP941 m.2, Samsung 850 Pro, WD Black, WD Red - PSU Corsair Ax1200i

Wow, I might be able to get this!!!

SYSTEM SPECS

i7 4790k | LTT Edition Noctua NH-U12S | Gigabyte Z97-SOC Force | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer DDR3 | 120GB Samsung 850 EVO | 1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue | NVIDIA GTX 980ti | H440 Orange | EVGA 650B3 PSU

I got very envious of linus playing elite:dangerous I really want that experience

Is it a bad thing that i'm not so intersted inthe cockpit but saw the headphones he was using and my brain was like 'oooooooooh whas dat and is it any good?'

• 3 weeks later...

How are you going to drive 3 2K monitors in surround without some serious hardware? What are your build plans?

new rig is gonna be an overclocked 5820k (will maybe be upgradet to and 5960x depends on the performance) and 3x 980s 

new rig is gonna be an overclocked 5820k (will maybe be upgradet to and 5960x depends on the performance) and 3x 980s 

In that case, good luck!  :D

• 2 months later...

Um i can build one of these cheaper and buy a gaming chair for under 400$

• 2 months later...

Um i can build one of these cheaper and buy a gaming chair for under 400$

Then do it, you'll be rich.

Thanks a lot Linus for sharing your enthisuastic and honest experience!

This is in my wish list! :)