Sennheiser finally introduces their audio modules for Project Ara

sennheiser-amphion-module_1-750x410.png

Its good to see that Project Ara is getting some audiophile love from the guys over at Sennheiser who have shown off two modules for the devices. I think its great that they are considering catering to this market, though I must admit catering to this kind of market seems like a great way to burn money especially when Ara is nothing more than a toy right now and investing heavy RD into a platform that might fail entire probably isn't a good idea for a company like Sennheiser. 

sennheiser-amphion-module.jpg

sennheiser-proteus-module.jpg

The Amphion audio module comes fitted out with a  a noise-canceling microphone and an amplifier, which is able to record and play the audio of your choice with high force and undisputed clarity. The energy-efficient G amplifier and low-noise mic,  together with the low latency digital processor (which is actually taking full advantage of the digital playback experience) are destined to be responsible for multiple geekgasms from hardcore audiophiles and professionals alike.

As expected during this “modular age”, we see something unique presented by Sennheiser as well. The Proteus Audio Module is fitted with 2 audio jacks, so you don’t have to listen to your music alone any longer. The audio module concept proteus is an open-end solution, it possesses the potential to connect 4 microphones and thus create your own directive audio capture device. (which could in a “worst case scenario” be considered a security risk) The voice of the community will be almost fully responsible for the evolution of this concepts, which is also the beauty of the modular age.

http://www.araprototype.com/news/sennheiser-finally-introduces-their-audio-modules/

It's a pc in your hand :) Can't wait to get one

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM

Finally? Was this expected cause I wasnt expecting it. However thats really cool

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

Im suprised becuase we really dont know wether Ara will actually go anywere so for company other than google to make modules seems like a bit of a gamble...

Hi!  Please quote me in replies otherwise I may not see your response!

This is awesome!! id love to buy the cheapest screen, cpu etc and just have this, a big battery and micro sd slot to make an awesome ipod alternative.

I wonder if Sony will jump on the Ara with some of their own modules in attempt to save their butts in the mobile division.

Maybe some nice camera modules that have the same sensor  and lenses found on the  iPhone and Samsung Galaxy line?

This is awesome!! id love to buy the cheapest screen, cpu etc and just have this, a big battery and micro sd slot to make an awesome ipod alternative.

I never really thought of that, just don't have a cellphone RF module in it.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

hmmm......

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

This sounds awesome. (Hehehe) 

And even if it doesn't pan out, this is R&D that can be used towards other developments for their sound system range, as well as market segment that they didn't really have their hands in.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

This sounds awesome. (Hehehe) 

And even if it doesn't pan out, this is R&D that can be used towards other developments for their sound system range, as well as market segment that they didn't really have their hands in.

If it doesn't work out they could just try to sell the module to Samsung/HTC/Apple.

If it doesn't work out they could just try to sell the module to Samsung/HTC/Apple.

Pretty much. Or even sell them to other Ultrabook makers, where a similar module would be useful. As well as utilize it in smaller sound systems.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Im suprised becuase we really dont know wether Ara will actually go anywere so for company other than google to make modules seems like a bit of a gamble...

Well, they certainly did not create it just for lulz.  

They surely have a contract from google for this modules, so even if project Ara will be dropped, every expenses which senheisser had for creating modules for Ara, will be paid by Google.

I don't see this coming, very nice initiative though. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Some techies are really looking forward to Project Ara and here I am sitting, thinking...

Some people are going to have some ugly looking phones =/

I can't wait till the day I have my ugly phone!!!

Intel 2500K @ 5GHz,Corsair H100i, MSI Z68 GD65, GTX 970 STRIX, 16GB G Skill Sniper, Seasonic X750, 250 GB Samsung 840pro SSDs in Raid 0, Corsair 650D.

I hope they make a version without noise cancelling.  My QC20 headphones already have some of the best noise cancelling in the world, no need for the phone's audio module to attempt to do the same thing.

As for Ara itself, can't wait to build my own phone.

Some techies are really looking forward to Project Ara and here I am sitting, thinking...

Yup. I want Ara a lot and I may get one, but I'm not gonna enjoy the aesthetic of it.