VERIZON - "FCC’s ‘Throwback Thursday’ Move Imposes 1930s Rules on the Internet"

awesomes8wc3

You need 1930s rules when you behave like fucking 1930s Gangsters asking for protection money otherwise your connections might have unfortunate slowdowns

10000000000000000000000000^10000000000000000000000000000 X 10^2345872893475689273894057238957628937459 times this^

Currently at verizon and other ISP's

Maximum-Butthurt-Achieved-Reaction-Gif.g

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

why would the age of the law effect if its a good law or not, i mean come on Verizon at least try to gove reasons for why you dont like it so we can see how greedy you really are

The 30's is when the FCC was established and the telecommunications act (I think it was) was written.

We should all get together and mail butthurt themed cakes to the corporate HQ's of these ISP's

Cake secretly filled with laxative lol

The 30's is when the FCC was established and the telecommunications act (I think it was) was written.

Precisely: "Fuck this ancient laws from 1930, as modern technology we need unregulated, free market rules as spelled out by Adam Smith in 1776!"

-------

Current Rig

-------

Precisely: "Fuck this ancient laws from 1930, as modern technology we need unregulated, free market rules as spelled out by Adam Smith in 1776!"

Meh, these new laws are actually closer to a free market than what the ISP's have been doing.

We should all get together and mail butthurt themed cakes to the corporate HQ's of these ISP's

Cake secretly filled with laxative lol

Cakes secretly filled with laxative.... And masked Carolina Reaper pepper oil so that it burns like the fire of 1,000,000,000 dying suns when it makes an exit....

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Cakes secretly filled with laxative.... And masked Carolina Reaper pepper oil so that it burns like the fire of 1,000,000,000 dying suns when it makes an exit....

I love that avatar.

I really think we need to start an internet initiative to troll the shit out of the ISP's, especially if they're going to be sore losers.

Maybe start a kickstarter to send them all a gift basket full of preparation H or something.

It's amazing that they can remember the Communications Act of 1934, but conveniently forget that it had a significant overhaul with the Telecommunications Act of 1996.

So what's going to happen? Well, all these companies will spend billions in legal fees over the next few years instead of their infrastructure to be a better service provider and compete with the local small business market that is going to grow for offering faster speeds and better customer service for a better price.

Publicly they are "outraged" privately I think they are giddy. An obviously insider imposed mass of regulation is going to be implemented, and the internet providers have now basically had their monopoly sanctioned by the state. They have guaranteed profits in perpetuity. And no threat of little guys competing due to regulation, and little threat of established firms competing because utility status gives them a framework to maintain their monopoly. How many people here have massive competition for landline, gas, electric, water, etc? Any heavy handed government imposition invariably plays into their hands.

Publicly they are "outraged" privately I think they are giddy. An obviously insider imposed mass of regulation is going to be implemented, and the internet providers have now basically had their monopoly sanctioned by the state. They have guaranteed profits in perpetuity. And no threat of little guys competing due to regulation, and little threat of established firms competing because utility status gives them a framework to maintain their monopoly. How many people here have massive competition for landline, gas, electric, water, etc? Any heavy handed government imposition invariably plays into their hands.

Can you provide any sources to back this up?

Right after the FCC enforced NN rules and the change to Title II, they also enacted rules that overruled and forbid local monopolies and State Laws that prevent municipal run ISP's and prevent new startup ISP's from running their own cabling.

Seems like they're doing literally the exact opposite of what you state.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Can you provide any sources to back this up?

Right after the FCC enforced NN rules and the change to Title II, they also enacted rules that overruled and forbid local monopolies and State Laws that prevent municipal run ISP's and prevent new startup ISP's from running their own cabling.

Seems like they're doing literally the exact opposite of what you state.

Remember, its easier to talk shit and spread fear mongering BS than it is to find factual sources grounded in reality. 

Some users here have really disappointed me lately. 

Fuck it, I'll finally ask at the risk of embarrasing myself. What exactly is this and the net neuttrallity thing? From what I've gathered, ISPs in the US tried to make people pay more for their internet packages, but then everyone got mad and their plan backfired, since now they have to provide an even better service for the same price? Don't know if I've got any of that right, I've sort of peiced that together from things like thread titles and article headlines.

Can someone please explain to me what verizon is bitching about (and the whole thing surrounding this) in retard terms? :P

Remember, its easier to talk shit and spread fear mongering BS than it is to find factual sources grounded in reality. 

Some users here have really disappointed me lately. 

Yeah I've actually seen this argument several times leading up to the Vote. People kept saying "Dur hur it will legitimize monopolies"... based on what information, exactly? Some lobbyist BS you heard?

I've yet to see anyone actually back it up with facts or a source.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Yeah I've actually seen this argument several times leading up to the Vote. People kept saying "Dur hur it will legitimize monopolies"... based on what information, exactly? Some lobbyist BS you heard?

I've yet to see anyone actually back it up with facts or a source.

Its just a bunch of fear mongering and "DAE INTERNET IS CONTROLLED?!!? DAE OBAMANET?!? DAE MONPOLIESIILES" 

All I've heard from NN supporters is actual facts. All I've heard from NN deniers is rhetoric and fear mongering and tin foil hat level conspiracy thinking. 

Real morse code takes the form of long and short sound pulses anyway, not dots and dashes. Should have provided a sound file.

It is also often transcribed onto print out sheets on the receiving end in addition to being heard by the operator.

6KMJlhV.png

A net loss for innovation...When did you innovate Verizon. I would like to learn about that time

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

Verizon Salt Confirmed.

Honestly, the notion of US government regulating Internet scares the hell out of me - but at least there is some chance they do it right. Having ISP do as they please is far worse. I find it especially funny how they are whining about "progress" - while at the same time, US fell behind almost every developed country in terms of quality and availability of broadband.

This picture describes Verizon's letter perfectly. I've seen spoiled rotten children with better self control. 

7686178464_fdc8ea66c7.jpg

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

In about a year the FCC will go insane and we'll have another of these moments. It's still a step forward for now

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

And this is why I think the Telco's over here are the lesser evil (though they still overcharge the shit out of their services).

i really feel sorry for america, because virgin media in the UK tyes has traffic policies but for £70 per month or about $100+ dollars you get multi room + 150/20 internet and phone all unlimted with all channels :) you guys get nothing for that :L

Current Build : 

CASE: Fractal Design R4 w/Window CPU: Intel 4930K,  RAM: 16GB Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz  Cooling: H100i  MotherBoard: Asus P9x79 Pro , PSU: CS750M   Storage: 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb , 1Tb Seagate Barracuda, 500GB WD Black,  Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce 3GB,  Monitors: AOC G2460PG ( G sync monitor), Edge10 24" 1080p , 24" 1680*1020p monitor ( LCD)  Microphone: Blue Yeti  Keyboard: Cougar 700k  Phone: Samsung Note 3  Headphones: Sennheiser HD598

Laptop:

CPU: 
4710MQ  Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Storage:120Gb 840 Evo + 1Tb 5400Rpm HDD  Graphics: GTX 850M 2GB   Screen: 1080p IPS  

i really feel sorry for america, because virgin media in the UK tyes has traffic policies but for £70 per month or about $100+ dollars you get multi room + 150/20 internet and phone all unlimted with all channels :) you guys get nothing for that :L

Ikr? 25GB @ $150 a month, which is more per GB  than the $80 15GB plan. Though its worse on prepaid, 1 Telco charges $200 per 12GB (with nearly 100% coverage), while another charges $130 for 15GB (97-98% coverage-and the $130 is cheaper than the 1st Telco's 8GB recharge by $10).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Ikr? 25GB @ $150 a month, which is more per GB  than the $80 15GB plan. Though its worse on prepaid, 1 Telco charges $200 per 12GB (with nearly 100% coverage), while another charges $130 for 15GB (97-98% coverage-and the $130 is cheaper than the 1st Telco's 8GB recharge by $10).

if it was me i'd just move toa google fiber area just so i'd know i'd be safe from the devil in the utility of internet aha and be on a good price :D

Current Build : 

CASE: Fractal Design R4 w/Window CPU: Intel 4930K,  RAM: 16GB Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz  Cooling: H100i  MotherBoard: Asus P9x79 Pro , PSU: CS750M   Storage: 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb , 1Tb Seagate Barracuda, 500GB WD Black,  Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce 3GB,  Monitors: AOC G2460PG ( G sync monitor), Edge10 24" 1080p , 24" 1680*1020p monitor ( LCD)  Microphone: Blue Yeti  Keyboard: Cougar 700k  Phone: Samsung Note 3  Headphones: Sennheiser HD598

Laptop:

CPU: 
4710MQ  Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Storage:120Gb 840 Evo + 1Tb 5400Rpm HDD  Graphics: GTX 850M 2GB   Screen: 1080p IPS  

if it was me i'd just move toa google fiber area just so i'd know i'd be safe from the devil in the utility of internet aha and be on a good price :D

You can't do too much when your Telco deliberately makes blackspots, and refuses to upgrade a 25 year old exchange because its 'Too new'. And for us our version of Google fibre was supposed to be a NBN, but that originally had loads of areas that weren't even planned for installation for 10 years. Then it got scaled back and pretty much forgotten by the pollys.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

You can't do too much when your Telco deliberately makes blackspots, and refuses to upgrade a 25 year old exchange because its 'Too new'. And for us our version of Google fibre was supposed to be a NBN, but that originally had loads of areas that weren't even planned for installation for 10 years. Then it got scaled back and pretty much forgotten by the pollys.

wow, in the UK virgin media just invested another 3B in their network to go from 12 to 18 mill homes with fiber xD cause they said they profited from the last time they did it, so they are using that money to make it bigger :P. Telco in your country sounds like your version of BT of our country here.

Current Build : 

Laptop:

CPU: