In desperate need of some new peripherals...

k_jonsie_

So my mouse has been serving me pretty well these past two years and you can definitely tell with all the wear and tear on the bottom of it.  I had a keyboard but decided to ditch it because it was lagging behind with my keystrokes.  So this is going to be a long-ish post of what I'm looking for and hoping to get.

First off, you probably need to know what I'm going to do with the mouse, keyboard, and mousepad(do i need one!?).  Well, considering I only have one machine, I have to game on it, do school-related things, and program/code.  I've tried discerning my way through keyboard switches but each video seems a bit too opinionated in my opinion ;).  I don't have a way to test the keyboards or switches to see what I like.  I guess the work load is about 65% typing, 35% gaming.  I play games like CS:GO and LOL so something reliable is a necessity.  A Num-Pad is absolutely necessary because I use it for coding.  Mouse-wise, I honestly have no idea.  I don't play many MMOs except for EVE online which really doesn't require many buttons on a mouse and I'm used to using the keyboard shortcuts in League so I don't want it on my mouse.  Something again, reliable, but also something that's going to work and be responsive to small changes for CS:GO.  

Now here's the thing: I've never used a mouse pad before.  Most of my friends use them and I've for some reason never got around to getting one.  If it'll improve the lifespan of my mouse, then I'll get one but the problem is.  THERE ARE TOO MANY OF THEM LIKE PLS SEND HELP.  Do they even benefit me or are they just another waste of money?

So in conclusion here's what I'm hoping for:  A mechanical keyboard with a num-pad that's comfortable to type on for long periods of time and can also game on them.  A nice mouse that'll last me a while and is pretty accurate with a higher sensitvity.  A big mouse mat to improve the life span of the mouse???

thank you so so so much for your help :>

PC:  Asus K53E    Camera:   Nikon D3100

I'd suggest a G502 (mouse) With a K70, or K70 RGB in browns if you want to get really fancy (Brown = Brown Cherry Swtich)

And as for a mouse pad... I think steelseries has a few that are good, they will improve the life of the mice's feet. Its just a necessary thing to have imo,.

I'd suggest a G502 (mouse) With a K70, or K70 RGB in browns if you want to get really fancy (Brown = Brown Cherry Swtich)

And as for a mouse pad... I think steelseries has a few that are good, they will improve the life of the mice's feet. Its just a necessary thing to have imo,.

but browns r bad tho

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

but browns r bad tho

Brown key switches... Not peo... uhhh... milk? :o   :unsure:

Sorry if I offend you, it was to good to pass up...

THIS IS MY SUPER TEENY TINY SIGNATURE!

Ain't it just the cutest little signature.

Some would argue it is the cutest little signature ever.

So my mouse has been serving me pretty well these past two years and you can definitely tell with all the wear and tear on the bottom of it.  I had a keyboard but decided to ditch it because it was lagging behind with my keystrokes.  So this is going to be a long-ish post of what I'm looking for and hoping to get.

First off, you probably need to know what I'm going to do with the mouse, keyboard, and mousepad(do i need one!?).  Well, considering I only have one machine, I have to game on it, do school-related things, and program/code.  I've tried discerning my way through keyboard switches but each video seems a bit too opinionated in my opinion ;).  I don't have a way to test the keyboards or switches to see what I like.  I guess the work load is about 65% typing, 35% gaming.  I play games like CS:GO and LOL so something reliable is a necessity.  A Num-Pad is absolutely necessary because I use it for coding.  Mouse-wise, I honestly have no idea.  I don't play many MMOs except for EVE online which really doesn't require many buttons on a mouse and I'm used to using the keyboard shortcuts in League so I don't want it on my mouse.  Something again, reliable, but also something that's going to work and be responsive to small changes for CS:GO.  

Now here's the thing: I've never used a mouse pad before.  Most of my friends use them and I've for some reason never got around to getting one.  If it'll improve the lifespan of my mouse, then I'll get one but the problem is.  THERE ARE TOO MANY OF THEM LIKE PLS SEND HELP.  Do they even benefit me or are they just another waste of money?

So in conclusion here's what I'm hoping for:  A mechanical keyboard with a num-pad that's comfortable to type on for long periods of time and can also game on them.  A nice mouse that'll last me a while and is pretty accurate with a higher sensitvity.  A big mouse mat to improve the life span of the mouse???

thank you so so so much for your help :>

If you're asking about keyboard switches then you've come to the right person!

Check the link in my sig for info on switches. Chances are you'll be able to find out what sort of switch is right for you.

For a mouse answer these:

Size of your hands (check link in my sig about mice for how I measure that)

Budget

Grip Type 

Do you want macros?

Also, make sure to A. Use the quote button and B, follow your own topic :)

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

If you're asking about keyboard switches then you've come to the right person!

Check the link in my sig for info on switches. Chances are you'll be able to find out what sort of switch is right for you.

For a mouse answer these:

Size of your hands (check link in my sig about mice for how I measure that)

Budget

Grip Type 

Do you want macros?

Also, make sure to A. Use the quote button and B, follow your own topic :)

Okay thanks!

Size: Large hands (20cm long 8.5 cm wide)

Budget:  Ideally anything under $80 because the money left over from my mouse is going to my keyboard.

Grip:  A hybrid between fingertip and claw I guess :/ 

Macros:  Not really a necessity but would be nice..

thank you so so much for your help :>

Okay thanks!

Size: Large hands (20cm long 8.5 cm wide)

Budget:  Ideally anything under $80 because the money left over from my mouse is going to my keyboard.

Grip:  A hybrid between fingertip and claw I guess :/ 

Macros:  Not really a necessity but would be nice..

thank you so so much for your help :>

A Zowie EC1 sounds like something you might like. A Corsair M45/M65 (depending on sensor preference, M45 has an excellent sensor) might work as well. I have the same grip as you although my hands are much smaller and the M65 feels amazing. Not super sure about the M65/45 since your hands are much bigger than mine, but it's an option.

A Roccat Kone would be great as well if you can find them for the right price.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

A Zowie EC1 sounds like something you might like. A Corsair M45/M65 (depending on sensor preference, M45 has an excellent sensor) might work as well. I have the same grip as you although my hands are much smaller and the M65 feels amazing. Not super sure about the M65/45 since your hands are much bigger than mine, but it's an option.

A Roccat Kone would be great as well if you can find them for the right price.

thank you so much i really appreciate your help!

thank you so much i really appreciate your help!

No problem! You can ring me up or PM me if you need more help in the future xD