MC server problems

waggythegeek
Go to solution Solved by Enderman,

its a bug with the server

it wont show anything

make a bath file and put this in it:

java -Xmx4G -jar server.jar nogui

the 4G is telling it to use 4GB of ram, you can change this depending on how much ram you want to give it

the server.jar is the name of the server file, you might be using exe or jar, just change the name to whatever yours is

the nogui tells it to not display the GUI (because its useless if it doesnt show anything)

instead the server log will be shown in the CMD window, you can see the log and run commands from there

i7-3632QM @ 2.2

my computer is doing nothing but running the server, my DUC for noip.com, and one tab on IE. and Spotify, but no music playing. Nobody is on the server. How do I tell if I have 32 or 64 java?

just download it again to be safe, this will also make it the latest version

http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

download and install the 64 bit one for windows offline

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

k i dont think that error has anything to do with your crashes...

go into your batch file

put "pause" on a second line

save and restart

next time it crashes, the CMD window will not close and you will be able to see the error

take a screenshot of that

Finally got a crash! had my friend wait, like, fifteen minutes so I could cap it. he got soopr pissd... hope it's worth it1 here's the pics(in order, as if this post were one really tall cmd window):

post-158440-0-31903300-1425190754_thumb.

post-158440-0-47660500-1425190539_thumb.

post-158440-0-97942900-1425190525_thumb.

post-158440-0-00638200-1425190517_thumb.

post-158440-0-74538200-1425190509_thumb.

post-158440-0-48819000-1425190488_thumb.

P.S. IGNORE THE NAME

i'm definitely not Jackson... shhhhhhhhh....... might've forgotten to blur these out.....

post-158440-0-48819000-1425190488_thumb.

post-158440-0-74538200-1425190509_thumb.

post-158440-0-00638200-1425190517_thumb.

post-158440-0-97942900-1425190525_thumb.

post-158440-0-47660500-1425190539_thumb.

post-158440-0-31903300-1425190754_thumb.

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

Finally got a crash! had my friend wait, like, fifteen minutes so I could cap it. he got soopr pissd... hope it's worth it1 here's the pics(in order, as if this post were one really tall cmd window):

attachicon.gif6.PNG

attachicon.gif5.PNG

attachicon.gif4.PNG

attachicon.gif3.PNG

attachicon.gif2.PNG

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

P.S. IGNORE THE NAME

i'm definitely not Jackson... shhhhhhhhh....... might've forgotten to blur these out.....

instead of putting "java" in the batch file, put this instead (including the quotes)

"C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe"

that's where your java 7 should be located, you can double check by going there with windows explorer, but im pretty sure that this location is the same on all machines

see if that works

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

instead of putting "java" in the batch file, put this instead (including the quotes)

"C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe"

that's where your java 7 should be located, you can double check by going there with windows explorer, but im pretty sure that this location is the same on all machines

see if that works

I don't have jre7

I have 2 files:

jdk1.8.0_31

and

jre1.8.0_31

which should I use?

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

I don't have jre7

I have 2 files:

jdk1.8.0_31

and

jre1.8.0_31

which should I use?

down load this jre-7u76-windows-x64.exe

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre7-downloads-1880261.html

then you install it and you should have a jre7 folder 

Spoiler

down load this jre-7u76-windows-x64.exe

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre7-downloads-1880261.html

then you install it and you should have a jre7 folder 

Worked

Thanks so much

can you tell me what I just did?

Worked

Thanks so much

you just forced your server to run using java 7 instead of java 8

:)

Spoiler

Worked

Thanks so much

ummmm..... server won't launch...

stuck here:

post-158440-0-98328100-1425255946.png

you just forced your server to run using java 7 instead of java 8

:)

ummm.... stuck on screenshot... Server running, but I cant interact with it via cmd, wont let me type, no log showing up

ummm.... stuck on screenshot... Server running, but I cant interact with it via cmd, wont let me type, no log showing up

hmm

so that shows up right when you launch it?

can i see what your batch file looks like now?

Spoiler

hmm

so that shows up right when you launch it?

can i see what your batch file looks like now?

This:

"C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe" -Xmx4G -jar minecraft_server.1.8.1.exe nogui

pause

I can get on the server, but original problem happens. No log, no chat, and now I cant even type commands.

This:

"C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe" -Xmx4G -jar minecraft_server.1.8.1.exe nogui

pause

I can get on the server, but original problem happens. No log, no chat, and now I cant even type commands.

ok first go here and remove all out of date java versions

http://java.com/en/download/uninstallapplet.jsp

then go here

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/java-archive-downloads-javase7-521261.html#jre-7u67-oth-JPR

and find the file

Windows x64 29.58 MB  

115899.gif jre-7u67-windows-x64.exe

because you have windows 64 bit i assume

make sure you are downloading this file that is under the title 

Java SE Runtime Environment 7u67

then install

Spoiler

ok first go here and remove all out of date java versions

http://java.com/en/download/uninstallapplet.jsp

then go here

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/java-archive-downloads-javase7-521261.html#jre-7u67-oth-JPR

and find the file

Windows x64 29.58 MB  

115899.gif jre-7u67-windows-x64.exe

because you have windows 64 bit i assume

make sure you are downloading this file that is under the title 

Java SE Runtime Environment 7u67

then install

now stuck here

post-158440-0-83744900-1425264648.png

server is on, accessable, I just can't type in the cmd window, or see the log

post-158440-0-83744900-1425264648.png

now stuck here

attachicon.gifFrozen 2 just the trolls.PNG

server is on, accessable, I just can't type in the cmd window, or see the log

ok i have no idea whats wrong then...maybe some incompatibility with windows 8?

i guess you will need to just use java 8 then...

Spoiler

ok i have no idea whats wrong then...maybe some incompatibility with windows 8?

i guess you will need to just use java 8 then...

jup... sigh... ok

jup... sigh... ok

thx much!

thx much!

i tried...

the best you can do at this point is just try older java 8 versions, but that will take a lot of time uninstalling and reinstalling

Spoiler

i tried...

the best you can do at this point is just try older java 8 versions, but that will take a lot of time uninstalling and reinstalling

Not a problem! Thanks for fixing my log issues, and in the process teaching me much about Java and command prompt. I am sure it will be fine once my build (see sig plz, much desperate, sad that my build isn't getting any attention -_-||) is done.