windows 7 or windows 8?

Air tree

I Have windows 8 on my Acer S7 and 7 on my desktop. DON'T DO WINDOWS 8 UNLESS YOU HAVE A TOUCHSCREEN! It's just not worth it. Win 8 is a great upgrade from 7 if yoouu have a touchscreen because it allows you to move around the OS incredibly quickly but I personally don't see a point in upgrading if you can't utilize the new OS to it's FULL potential.

My system: i7 2600k @3.4ghz - Corsair h110 - ASRock z77 extreme4 - 2x EVGA GTX 770ti SLI - 16gb (4x4gb) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600mhz  - 120gb Crucial m4 SSD - 1tb Caviar Black WD HDD - Silverstone ATX12V 1000W 80+ Gold PFC Power Supply - NZXT Phantom 820.

Peripherals: Corsair M95 - Corsair K70 - Razer Vespula - TrackIR 5 - 2x Asus VK278Q 27" 1080p 

false, you can move incredibly quickly without a touchscreen. You are just not comfortable, as you have been trained since you were kid for 1 specific layout to expect with a keyboard and mouse. It's like people that always used Windows exclusively for over 15 years, and then tries to use a friend Mac to show something (let's say, as an example). This is your first time. Your response will be how Mac sucks, as you'll have a hard time navigating it, and things are different from what you think is logical.

This is because you were trained since day 1 on how things should be, and you take that without question.

i put password on my hard disk i forget the password
when i put it in my desktop it cannot initialize so it doesnt give me a chance to format the drive
so please i need help if you guys can help me to remove the password from the drive

win7 just cuz i hate da metro 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

With 8.1 out http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/preview

I can only think of one reason not to get it, old PC games that won't work like Halo 1 :)

I would pretty safely assume that even Halo 1 would work in Compatibility mode.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

I would pretty safely assume that even Halo 1 would work in Compatibility mode.

nop :( not according to microsoft, I should try it though :)

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

nop :( not according to microsoft, I should try it though :)

I don't have my disc any more. There is almost always a way to make it work. I would like to try.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

ok but what about old os ive never seen an an older os sell for less any time i go into a store ive seen programs on clearance but never saw windows 7 in the clearance rack or a price reduction in stores still selling it

i also came acros a few customers who  did the upgrade and regret it cuz they cant go back to 7 and some of theme were techies

ok but what about old os ive never seen an an older os sell for less any time i go into a store ive seen programs on clearance but never saw windows 7 in the clearance rack or a price reduction in stores still selling it

Microsoft controls the distribution and price of Windows, and Office.

i also came acros a few customers who  did the upgrade and regret it cuz they cant go back to 7 and some of theme were techies

Windows 8 is a drastic change. The problem that Windows 8 has is that it is competing against a super well polish Start Menu.... a menu that has been in the works since Windows 95.  Windows 8 Start Screen is good, but not great, and not intuitive for those who are used to the old Windows (I think if Windows 8 was named something else, it would be ok, but because it's called Windows, people expect visual queue which are not there or changed, and expectations on clicks is different for many things).

Yes, Windows 8 is an OS that is brings tablets and convertible tablet design mixed with laptop and desktops. Yes, Windows 8 UI is a bit too focused on tablet.

Windows 8.1 demonstrates that Microsoft tries to balance all 3. Already, there was news that Microsoft is continuing to improve the touch pad experience with Windows, showing that they didn't forget about laptops, and other improvements in 8.1, shows the same about desktops. It's a just a balance that Microsoft will work on and perfect, every version. I am sure by the time Windows 9 comes out, the Start Screen will be much improved. People will say that Windows 8 was a beta..., I guess, you can say that.. but Beta involves stability issues, which isn't the case. What I do agree with, is that venturing in Windows 8, is if you are wiling to "see the future, today". What I am trying to say, is that it's a bit like everything ground breaking. Version 1 is fine... but far away from perfect. Even the Internet is guilty of that... and no I am not talking about the days where everyone had a website about game cheat codes, or some music fan site, or cats and dogs. I am talking back in the days where you put the phone on a box, and that was your modem setup. The internet had huge potential, but it sucked. And while back in the days you didn't have a DNS server (if I am not mistaken), getting a dedicated phone line for your Internet, was way too expensive for what you got... I mean all we got was sites to Universities, pretty much, with 0 images or actual layout of page.

Same for bikes, cars and so on. V1 always sucks. It will be laugh at in the years to come. The Start Menu of Windows 95, had the same critics of Windows 8. The "average user" like it, but all power users and IT's HATED it. Joke music was done on the OS as well, including the "huge" (Vista-style) system specs requirement it needed to run smoothly.

Microsoft knows this, they said it, they also need telemetry data from users, and feedback.... proper, constructive, feedback, to start looking on how to improve things smartly.

Windows 8 dev preview Sart Screen was unusuable... yes, me that like Windows 8, despite my push to use it continuously as a main OS, I was soooo annoyed every freaking day. It was horrible. And at every beta preview version, and in the official release, the Start Screen and Windows 8 overall user interface greatly imrpoved.

Windows 8.1 really does a nice job to improve it. And the return of the Start Button, while I am not a fan of it, seeing my mother use my desktop running Windows 8 (8.1 is on my laptop), I noticed that she is very visual queu based. You and I, would inutivily hit at the bototm left corner.. but someone not comfortable with computer and thinks a wrong click will litterary exploid the computer, they pay attention, and the lack of the Start  Button is problematic. But it's not just the Start Button, the Start Screen has numerous imrpovements. Is the balanced fixed? Well 8.1 is still in beta, and I expect further improvement of many many things, including the Start Screen. But I do not expect it to be a perfect balance just yet. Windows 9 might be close, and many should be happy. Also, it will fit with companies 6 year OS upgrade, and by 6 years most people computer would be broken, so it will sale... Making that OS close to, be Win7 sales number.. possibly higher, all depending on Microsoft integration to the tablet market in the years to come.

Windows 8.

It never caused problems for me, there's absolutely no reason for me to go back.

Stop bloating nonsense, and reason to contribute in a constructive manner.

Being a techie doesn't mean anything. Techies can be resistant to change too.