Is this build ok? And can it run modern games 1080p max settings?

jeserdes

I had an 8350 and an R9 270X, and I can tell you that you won't be able to play modern games at max. With Mantle, you might be able to. You're looking at more of a Medium range with those parts.

(Again, basing this off of my 8350/270X)

Specs:

Intel i7-4790K @ 4.7 GHz cooled by Corsair H80i | ASUS Maximus VII Formula |  G.Skill 8 GB (2 x 4GB) 2133 | EVGA 980 Superclocked (Fry) | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro OS Drive | WD Black HDD | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO | Corsair Vengeance K70 | Logitech G502 Proteus Core

lol @ AMD 8350

It's decent but I see that some of the parts don't have prices. Have you already purchased those?

No I havent bought those parts but they dont just show price in pc part picker. 

TBH, FX 6350 and a 270X can't run max 1080p anymore.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

TBH, FX 6350 and a 270X can't run max 1080p anymore.

Well then can it run games like Insurgency, World of tanks, Black Ops 2 and Planed side 2 on high or max settings? 

Nope.avi

This might:

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($73.78 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Asus A88X-PLUS ATX FM2+ Motherboard  ($69.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: Team Elite Plus 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($57.97 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 280X 3GB TurboDuo Video Card  ($225.52 @ Amazon) 
Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($34.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($54.75 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $594.87
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-24 14:10 EST-0500

Well then can it run games like Insurgency, World of tanks, Black Ops 2 and Planed side 2 on high or max settings? 

Yep, altough getting a fx series chip ins't a very great idea at this point and time

It can handle Black Ops 2, not so sure about the other 2 though.

(not sure if they are CPU heavy or whatever.//)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Assuming your budget is $650 US including the OS, this is what I'd do. I have to guess on the budget since not all items have a cost. This will be able to play most things at max settings 1080p, but the most demanding games you will have to turn the settings down to maintain a constant 60fps.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($169.61 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($41.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Team Elite Plus 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($52.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($47.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB DUAL-X Video Card  ($172.98 @ Newegg)
Case: BitFenix Neos Black ATX Mid Tower Case  ($33.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($29.99 @ NCIX US)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($87.75 @ OutletPC)
Total: $637.18
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-24 14:14 EST-0500

Without mail-in rebates, that looks like this:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant
Total: $679.90
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-24 14:14 EST-0500

For Planetside 2, you REALLY want an Intel CPU as it requires good single-threaded performance, and AMD has sucky single-threaded performance right now.

Or i3 with 280?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/x9ry3C

That one SimpleG posted looks fine too

G3258 @ 4.5 | 8GB Team Vulcan RAM | 128GB Kingston V300 SSD (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it) | MSI H81I Motherboard | Corsair H55 with Noctua NF-P12 | EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB | OCZ 550W Fully Modular PSU with Noctua NF-A14 | Cooler Master Elite 130 (Soon to be something cool)

Yep, altough getting a fx series chip ins't a very great idea at this point and time

But if I want more cores because I usually run many programs at same time when Im gaming is then multicore cpu better?

But if I want more cores because I usually run many programs at same time when Im gaming is then multicore cpu better?

Most programs you will be running don't actually need much CPU horsepower. Browsers and MS Office really don't hog CPU resources, but they do hog RAM. Besides, gaming while using MS Office is a really unlikely scenario. Besides, you can get an i5 in your price range. Also, the AMD CPUs, while they do have more cores than their similarly priced intel competitor products (G3258 vs X4 860k for instance), have really poor single threaded performance so that it's not really a whole bunch better. 4 cores right now is the sweet spot for what you really need with gaming and everyday usage. An i5 wins every time for this kind of purpose if you can afford it, which you can.

Then what about i3 4130&r9 270 or gtx 750ti. Any better?

Most programs you will be running don't actually need much CPU horsepower. Browsers and MS Office really don't hog CPU resources, but they do hog RAM. Besides, gaming while using MS Office is a really unlikely scenario. Besides, you can get an i5 in your price range. Also, the AMD CPUs, while they do have more cores than their similarly priced intel competitor products (G3258 vs X4 860k for instance), have really poor single threaded performance so that it's not really a whole bunch better. 4 cores right now is the sweet spot for what you really need with gaming and everyday usage. An i5 wins every time for this kind of purpose if you can afford it, which you can.

My budget is bit of problem because I'm out of amazon and ncix deliver range in Finland and I have to buy the components from finish site www.jimms.fi and prices are very high. And also I don't need to buy OS because I have copy of windows 8.1 64bit.

Then what about i3 4130&r9 270 or gtx 750ti. Any better?

The i3 is better for your desired purposes, but the R9 270 performs far better than the 750ti for the same price. See if you can stretch for an i5-4440 with a cheap h81 board, and just use the stock cooler. Also, while the R9 270x is not worth the extra cost over the R9 270, the R9 280 is defniitely worth it. i3-4130 + h81 + stock cooler + R9 270 will work (NOT i3-4150 or any other i3), but an i5-4440 + h81 + stock cooler + R9 280 will do better by a lot.

The i3 is better for your desired purposes, but the R9 270 performs far better than the 750ti for the same price. See if you can stretch for an i5-4440 with a cheap h81 board, and just use the stock cooler. Also, while the R9 270x is not worth the extra cost over the R9 270, the R9 280 is defniitely worth it. i3-4130 + h81 + stock cooler + R9 270 will work (NOT i3-4150 or any other i3), but an i5-4440 + h81 + stock cooler + R9 280 will do better by a lot.

But if https://www.asus.com/fi/Motherboards/Z97PRO_GAMER/ that mob and i3 4130 & r9 270. And I would upgrade later when I get money.

No, no no no. The problem is that motherboards do NOT affect performance in any way. They're just the thing you stick all your other components into, so featureset and compatibility is what they provide. Yes, some motherboards support overclocking of K series CPUs, but your budget is way too low to bother with that. Just get the cheapest h81 board you can find from a company you trust and stick an i5-4440 on it. Do NOT get a premium motherboard. They don't do anything. For some CPUs it matters to get a motherboard with sufficient power delivery, but since an i3 and an i5 don't really draw a lot of power, this isn't important to us. On FX CPUs, it becomes hugely important though. All the extra features that a more expensive motherboard and chipset have to offer will go unused and therefore be completely pointless. You don't need SLI or crossfire as you aren't buying a second GPU. You don't need K series overclocking. You don't need an m.2 port. You don't need dual gigabit ethernet ports. You don't need a dual bios. You don't need hard-points for a voltmeter. You just need a standard h81 board.

With regards to compatibility, this is why I keep saying to stick with the i3-4130 or the i5-4440 and h81. The i5-4460 and the i3-4150 are both haswell refresh CPUs and are best paired with a haswell refresh MoBos (90 series, like h97 z97), but the  i3-4130 and i5-4440 are original haswell and will be just fine with an 80 series board. Also, the haswell refresh CPUs only offer a 0.1 GHz clock speed boost and nothing else for our purposes, so it's not worth it to get.

Just buy the best you can now. An i5-4440 is sufficient for even the most demanding games. You'll have no reason to upgrade. However if you DID upgrade your CPU, you'd be throwing all the money you spent on your first CPU down the drain. Just stick to the CPU you want in the first place. Fast upgrades are a money pit and not worth it if you have to replace components. Adding to, sure, but replacing components is where it gets silly. This is why ram and storage are the easiest to upgrade.

Edited by Lotus

I didnt even know they made a 2+1 VRM board. I know I said the i5-4440 doesnt consume a lot of power, but I'd still want better than 2+1. So basically, no that's not a board I'd recommend, but only because I didnt even know they made boards with such crappy power delivery.

But I think that the 450w psu is enough because I went to coolermasters psu calculator and put there i5 4460 & r9 270 it said Your Recommended Minimum Power Supply is 388w so?

That one is fine, but again with 80 series motherboards you want to stick to original haswell CPUs, in this case the i5-4440. The 4460 is a haswell refresh CPU.

That one is fine, but again with 80 series motherboards you want to stick to original haswell CPUs, in this case the i5-4440. The 4460 is a haswell refresh CPU.

Okay I just saw that i5 4460 is at same price that is 4440 and it got 0,1 ghz more :D