Any one have a Windows 7 pro iso?

What kind of maintenace? Paring down so it will fit? Or something else?

Sorry about taking so long to respond, but one of the bits of maintenance I remember was aligning the sectors on the SSD after cloning the HDD to it. I can't go into full specifics as I never paid too much attention to the details as it was a lot more effort than a simple re-install for me (I've had to do loads on all of my computers after upgrading parts, trying a new Linux distro for a month, etc).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

First off THANK YOU. This will save me from dell support and/or cloning. This means she will hopefully be able to use it tomorrow. 

Out of curiosity, What is your internet speed if it is going to take all day  :blink:?

Yep, no problem. I've been uploading for a few hours now and have finally reached 850MB(out of 4.3GB lol). I will check this in the morning, hopefully its finished by then(or after I get out of class, I am kind of doubtful). I'm on a 2.5mbps down / .5mbps up connection, so its not the fastest thing in the world(lol)

Sorry about taking so long to respond, but one of the bits of maintenance I remember was aligning the sectors on the SSD after cloning the HDD to it. I can't go into full specifics as I never paid too much attention to the details as it was a lot more effort than a simple re-install for me (I've had to do loads on all of my computers after upgrading parts, trying a new Linux distro for a month, etc).

huh, yeah I guess re installing would be easier then. 

I'm on a 2.5mbps down / .5mbps up connection, so its not the fastest thing in the world(lol)

OMG. And im concerned about moving, and needing to down grade to 50mbps from 100mbps. wow. Now I feel lucky.

Google Drive crashed, QQ. I am trying something else now, but we have to wait again.

photo-143183.gif?_r=1424722590

• 1,842 posts
  • LocationNext door

Well,  if your right next door, I guess I could just walk over  :P

I have a Onedrive as well, but what ever, I'll make Whatever account I need to make.

photo-143183.gif?_r=1424722590

• 1,842 posts
  • LocationNext door

Well,  if your right next door, I guess I could just walk over  :P

I have a Onedrive as well, but what ever, I'll make Whatever account I need to make.

Google Drive crashed, QQ. I am trying something else now, but we have to wait again.

Mediafire should do the job (I use it to share my custom Halo CE maps with friends), and so far I haven't hit the file size limit.

PMSL

Honestly, just use Clonezilla and clone your install over to the SSD.

I used Paragon Hard Disk Manager to do my htpc and server and it was dead easy.

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO + 4 Additional Venturi 120mm Fans | 14 x 20TB Seagate Exos X22 20TB | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

Its always a good idea to have a way to re-install just in case things go pear shaped.

PMSL

Its always a good idea to have a way to re-install just in case things go pear shaped.

Sure, but hes got the existing hdd with the existing install - he may as well just clone it and be done with it.

Then when Windows 10 comes out in about 4 months, theres a free upgrade to Windows 10 for Windows 7 users.

http://www.cnet.com/news/microsoft-to-deliver-free-windows-10-upgrades/

Once upgraded to Win 10 then she can just use the refresh option built into Win 8 and above to revert to a fresh install, without having to fully image the drive.

I dont think ive done a full reimage for recovery reasons in about 4 years now

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO + 4 Additional Venturi 120mm Fans | 14 x 20TB Seagate Exos X22 20TB | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

Alright, I was beginning to think that might be the easier option at this point, but Dabobminable said that there was extra work than just using a cloning utility. Is there?

Alright, I was beginning to think that might be the easier option at this point, but Dabobminable said that there was extra work than just using a cloning utility. Is there?

Only if you use buggy cloning software. These are the ones ive used and had complete success with - including shrinking down the partition from HDD to SSD for the MediaPC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Only if you use buggy cloning software. These are the ones ive used and had complete success with - including shrinking down the partition from HDD to SSD for the MediaPC

Can I do this on my desktop then move the SSD to the laptop? (Still cloning the drive from the laptop, but moving into it to my desktop). that would be the only way for me to be able to do it because my USB3.0 to SATA adapter has crapped out.

If Queendemetria gets it uploaded by tomorrow morning, I'll use that, if not, I'll clone with Clonezilla. Thanks all for the help. When it's all done I'll be sure to mark the solution.

Can I do this on my desktop then move the SSD to the laptop? (Still cloning the drive from the laptop, but moving into it to my desktop). that would be the only way for me to be able to do it because my USB3.0 to SATA adapter has crapped out.

Yup thats how i did mine. Just plug both drives to your desktop and clone one to the other. Put the ssd in the laptop, make sure its in AHCI and should be good to go.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edit #2: I might be able to give you a OEM ISO, just it will take forever for it to upload. I need to test it first to make sure its Pro(or even works).

ISO worked great, up and running and activated. Thank you. 

ISO worked great, up and running and activated. Thank you. 

Soooo. yeah. Some how there is adware on the laptop. adware that malwarebytes cant get rid of.

Soooo. yeah. Some how there is adware on the laptop. adware that malwarebytes cant get rid of.

Could you list the programs you installed?

PMSL

Any chance you'd be willing to share this iso with yet another person?

I'm in need of the Windows 7 Pro SP1 iso as well. I have the disk, but I'm looking to make a bootable installer on a USB drive to install onto a MacBook with no CD drive. Plus I'd also just like to have one for backup purposes in case.

Microsoft's new Recovery method (the new way to re-download Windows 7) doesn't work for me, says I need to contact my system manufacturer, which is such BS because it's an OEM disk I purchased 5 years ago.

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

Any chance you'd be willing to share this iso with yet another person?

I'm in need of the Windows 7 Pro SP1 iso as well. I have the disk, but I'm looking to make a bootable installer on a USB drive to install onto a MacBook with no CD drive. Plus I'd also just like to have one for backup purposes in case.

Microsoft's new Recovery method (the new way to re-download Windows 7) doesn't work for me, says I need to contact my system manufacturer, which is such BS because it's an OEM disk I purchased 5 years ago.

I will, as soon as I figure out if it's clean or not. I have a bunch of malware on the laptop and I haven't fixed it yet. If it is a clean iso ill upload it this weekend.