Any one have a Windows 7 pro iso?

Does any one have a Windows 7 Professional iso? Or know where I can get one?

Went to Microcenter today to grab a used laptop for my sister for web browsing and Minecraft. I want to put an SSD in it, so it is more enjoyable to use. I would like to just do a fresh instalI of windows, but the laptop is Windows 7 pro.

I have a Windows 7 home premium disk, but obviously that wont work, and I realized this on the way home. and I thought, "I'll just grab one off of Microsoft's site."

Duh, Microsoft dropped support for windows 7

So...

iso any one?

Or is there another option for getting the SSD in there? I would prefer a clean install, but if that is not possible then, could I clone the HDD maybe?

Thepira..... oh wait, it got shut down...

There are plenty of torrent sites out there with windows 7 isos that you can download.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I would like to just do a fresh instalI of windows, but the laptop is Windows 7 pro.

I have a Windows 7 home premium disk, but obviously that wont work, and I realized this on the way home. and I thought, "I'll just grab one off of Microsoft's site."

You can install any version of windows on it. 

Either you're master race or you're not.

Legal: http://www.mydigitallife.info/download-windows-7-iso-official-32-bit-and-64-bit-direct-download-links/

You will need the key from your current HDD.

Edit: Nevermind, the links are broken.

Edit #2: I might be able to give you a OEM ISO, just it will take forever for it to upload. I need to test it first to make sure its Pro(or even works).

sorry, but microsoft has stopped providing links to windows 7 iso. pirating it might be against coc

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

sorry, but microsoft has stopped providing links to windows 7 iso. pirating it might be against coc

Don't mistake Torrents for piracy. The ISO itself is free anyway, it's only illegal if you're downloading a cracked version that bypasses the activation key/process. 

Download a copy, scan it multiple times to check for viruses, extract the iso and scan it again several more times. If nothing gets picked up, use that iso, or if it does have viruses download a different copy. Its what I had to do on with my old XP computer, except I had only a professional copy of XP, not home (case cost me nothing so I got a free product key).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Don't mistake Torrents for piracy. The ISO itself is free anyway, it's only illegal if you're downloading a cracked version that bypasses the activation key/process. 

And to add to this: The only reason why Micro$oft stopped providing it freely(although I will have to check the tool ItsFTP provided) is so that people would move on to Windows 8 and 8.1.

Edit #2: I might be able to give you a OEM ISO, just it will take forever for it to upload. I need to test it first to make sure its Pro(or even works).

That would be awesome if that works, and if it isn't unrealisticly long to upload. 

After thinking, I realized our family laptop is win7pro as well. I'm currently looking for the box for the restore media, but I think it was thrown out (probably recently   -_- ). That would work right?

as far a tormenting goes, I haven't used a torrent before, any recommendations for a program, and trusted iso?

You can install any version of windows on it. 

How? That would be awesome, but from what I've read, product keys are only usable on the OS they were distributed for, and in this case that would be Win7pro. Is there a way to do that though?

That would be awesome if that works, and if it isn't unrealisticly long to upload. 

You have the product key right? If so try the link that ItsFTP provided. Unless if Microsoft is stupid, you should be able to download a copy from there. If it doesn't work though I will see if I can get you my ISO(I will be creating a VM for it shortly).

After thinking, I realized our family laptop is win7pro as well. I'm currently looking for the box for the restore media, but I think it was thrown out (probably recently   -_- ). That would work right?

as far a tormenting goes, I haven't used a torrent before, any recommendations for a program, and trusted iso?

How? That would be awesome, but from what I've read, product keys are only usable on the OS they were distributed for, and in this case that would be Win7pro. Is there a way to do that though?

oh u meant u dont have a product key, you can google one  and most work.

Either you're master race or you're not.

1# The Pro version is the same as the Ultimate disk except one file has "pro" written in it

2# You might need the OEM copy for a laptop, if you don't have a normal key

3# http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-recovery

You have the product key right? If so try the link that ItsFTP provided. Unless if Microsoft is stupid, you should be able to download a copy from there. If it doesn't work though I will see if I can get you my ISO(I will be creating a VM for it shortly).

I tried that before i came here, nothing happened. I tired again just know and it told me: 

"The product key you entered appears to be for software that was pre-installed on a device.  Please contact the device manufacturer for software recovery options."

Does that mean I can't use a regular ISO with this key? If it does mean that, then cloning the HDD would be my only option (apart from contacting dell, or grabbing a new key) right?

​(and I do prefer to stay legal)

oh u meant u dont have a product key, you can google one  and most work.

Nono, I have the key, the laptop is refurbished, and has the key, and OS installed to an HDD. I just want to install it to an SSD.

Alright I looked just into cloning it. I thought that your SSD had to be bigger than your HDD, but it doesn't, there just has to be enough room on the ssd for your stuff. And there is no stuff on this laptop, so i'm all set there.

Is there any downside to cloning? performance wise? what I mean to ask is: can windows tell the difference?

Alright I looked just into cloning it. I thought that your SSD had to be bigger than your HDD, but it doesn't, there just has to be enough room on the ssd for your stuff. And there is no stuff on this laptop, so i'm all set there.

Is there any downside to cloning? performance wise? what I mean to ask is: can windows tell the difference?

There is a lot of maintenance to do before and after you clone a HDD to an SSD. Which is why I went the easier route of just doing a re-install.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

There is a lot of maintenance to do before and after you clone a HDD to an SSD. Which is why I went the easier route of just doing a re-install.

What kind of maintenace? Paring down so it will fit? Or something else?

Just download a torrent of the win7pro iso, burn it to a disc and install it.Then use your key to validate it.

This is the third time I've posted this today.

Use Magical Jelly bean key finder to find your keys.

Get ISO straight from microsoft here

Get usb boot installation creator here. Click on the button that says "create media." It will download the utility to create a usb boot installer using the iso you just downloaded.

RRRRRRRRR! Piracy ain't about Torrents! Piracy be about BOOTY! RRRRRRRR!

This is the third time I've posted this today.

Use Magical Jelly bean key finder to find your keys.

Get ISO straight from microsoft here

Get usb boot installation creator here. Click on the button that says "create media." It will download the utility to create a usb boot installer using the iso you just downloaded.

I already know my key, its on the back of the device. and the micrsoft thing doesn't work for that key, it tells me "The product key you entered appears to be for software that was pre-installed on a device.  Please contact the device manufacturer for software recovery options." I've already tried that. :/

I tried that before i came here, nothing happened. I tired again just know and it told me: 

"The product key you entered appears to be for software that was pre-installed on a device.  Please contact the device manufacturer for software recovery options."

Does that mean I can't use a regular ISO with this key? If it does mean that, then cloning the HDD would be my only option (apart from contacting dell, or grabbing a new key) right?

​(and I do prefer to stay legal)

That sucks, but I do have good news for you then. Your key is for OEM disks and that just happens to be what mine is, so it should work. I tested my copy and it is a Professional copy with service pack 1, so I'll upload it to Box or something so you can download it(I will PM you the link I guess). I'm not sure how long it will take to upload, but I wouldn't be surprised if it took a full day(so it could be a while). I'll start the upload once I go to bed, so hopefully I'm not up till 4 again(just to give it more time to upload lol).

7AhimuB.png

That sucks, but I do have good news for you then. Your key is for OEM disks and that just happens to be what mine is, so it should work. I tested my copy and it is a Professional copy with service pack 1, so I'll upload it to Box or something so you can download it(I will PM you the link I guess). I'm not sure how long it will take to upload, but I wouldn't be surprised if it took a full day(so it could be a while). I'll start the upload once I go to bed, so hopefully I'm not up till 4 again(just to give it more time to upload lol).

First off THANK YOU. This will save me from dell support and/or cloning. This means she will hopefully be able to use it tomorrow. 

Out of curiosity, What is your internet speed if it is going to take all day  :blink:?