Biggest Computer Disasters?

Yeah it was nuts, for whatever reason, they couldn't even wipe the HDD and replace the OS, whatever I deleted, basically made the HDD useless and it had to be replaced entirely.

I really hope the real story was you just took a sledge hammer to the computer.  Either way its hilarious!  

"45 ACP because shooting twice is silly!"

I really hope the real story was you just took a sledge hammer to the computer.  Either way its hilarious!  

Nope. I deleted a .dll, and that laptop was never right again.

I have however shot a PC before, it was old as dirt, and died on me in the middle of a fap session lol

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I was trying to balance my school laptop on top of a bunch of my textbooks wilst doing my homework.

As these things usually turn out, it fell completely perpendicular to the floor and broke the charger almost in half from the impact.

A little bit of duck tape did the job tho.

:D

Old gpu on display fell on monitor, broke it badly.  It was old and shit though, and a good excuse to buy a new monitor.

My life is consumed by CS:GO, even though I'm not exceptionally good at it.

CPU: AMD A10-5800K | GPU: Gigabyte R9 270 2GB | RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz HyperX Blu | Storage: 120GB Samsung 850 EVO + 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Chassis: NZXT H230 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3 | PSU: Corsair CX500 500W | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 EVO | OS: Windows 10
In order of priority: GTX 970 Strix, 2 good 1080p monitors, i5 4690k, MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150, a job

probably the time when I got a virus that claimed to be part of the police force and locked me out of the computer. Spent a long long time working out how to get rid of that one.

Nope. I deleted a .dll, and that laptop was never right again.

I have however shot a PC before, it was old as dirt, and died on me in the middle of a fap session lol

I shot an old CRT screen and then ran my  finger down one of the fiber strand thingys and almost sliced my finger off...Gooooood times.  

Not knowing how the Corsair H100i's fans were connected to the pump, I pulled out the socket, killing both the fan and the pump. Anyone know what I can do with a dead H100i with one working fan?

HIMzG0w.jpg

Use it as a flail to kill heathens.  

Six years old, flicked the big red switch on the back of the psu while the computer was turned on, changing the voltage from 240 to 110... that was a loud bang.

Few months ago I had a brand new 1TB HDD running in an external enclosure sitting on my table running to a HTPC, didn't see the cable when changing rooms and that poor little HDD went flying across the house, bounced off a wall and never worked ever again.

Green With Envy

A build based on a children's cartoon

My laptop in it's bag sliding about in the back of a nearly empty Transit for 200 miles. I thought it would be fine in the bag, my brother ancient one was, but my less than 12 month old laptop had a chunk knocked out the monitor bezel, which has developed in to a bloody great big crack. I don't mind now, it's 3 years old now, but I was really pissed off at the time.

I remember taking one of the covers on my top radiator and forgot about it. ran the pump with the loop and oh yeah I got a fountain of water which kinda messed with some parts in the rig QQ this was back in the core2duo era.

Live your life like a dream.

I bent my USB 3.0 Pins on my Motherboard

usbclo.jpg

My first build almost 3 years ago, I bent the USB 3.0 pins because I think I stuck the connector in at an angle. I don't even use any of the front connectors anyways, so it wasn't a big deal.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

Trying to take the stock cooler off my 8320. The chip was practically cemented to the cooler, and I literally ripped the proc out of my rig, while the arms on my mobo were still locked down.

I was shitting myself for about 15 minutes.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

I've also ripped off the CPU whilst latched.
My Phenom 955 T.T...
Does this damage the socket in any way? 
I haven't used that old motherboard since then.

Dropped cola over the keyboard. Don't even bother to clean it. That won't come off :ph34r:

Rubbing alchohol could probably clean that.

i went to take out a gpu just after gaming and forgot to let it cool off for awhile , needless to say burnt hand is not fun xD

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

Deciding to buy a corsair CX PSU.... blew it up, bought another.

(anyways enough of that)

I once dropped a laptop and screwed up it's hard drive :'D.

Wait, the PSU blew up, or YOU blew it up?  I'm worried now, I have a CX500...

My life is consumed by CS:GO, even though I'm not exceptionally good at it.

CPU: AMD A10-5800K | GPU: Gigabyte R9 270 2GB | RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz HyperX Blu | Storage: 120GB Samsung 850 EVO + 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Chassis: NZXT H230 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3 | PSU: Corsair CX500 500W | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 EVO | OS: Windows 10
In order of priority: GTX 970 Strix, 2 good 1080p monitors, i5 4690k, MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150, a job

I know that feel.. fx 8350 on full load can slice your hand off..

Poor thing, was it totaled?

Thats nuts!  .dll deletion = magnet over harddrive apparently.. 

I would have cried for the rest of my life.

I ended up just deciding to save up for a new, better rig. So he plans on helping me pay for it to make up for it. So its not a huge deal.

Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

CPU: FX-8320

Motherboard: asrock 970Pro3 r2.0

Memory: Team Zeus Blue 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB DUAL-X Video Card 

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  

SSD: MX100 128GB

HDD: WD 2TB black edition

I bumped on my brand new GTX 970 that was on my desk while building my rig... I was lucky it fell on the softest pillow I own...

ZamoRIG 2.0:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.9GHz

Cooling: DeepCool Captain 240 RGB + 2x Corsair ML120 fans

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming x2 

Motherboard: Asrock X370 Gaming K4 

RAM: 2x8GB DDR4 G Skill Ripjaws V Grey @ 2800MHz 

SSDs: 2xPatriot Ignite M.2 240GB

HDD: WD Black 1TB + WD Green 2TB

PSU: Corsair RM750

Case: Corsair Carbide 400C

ZamoRIG “Portable”:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 4GHz

Cooling: Corsair H80i 

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350N Gaming WiFi

RAM: 1x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance  @ 2400MHz 

SSD: Patriot Ignite M.2 240GB 

HDD: 2TB 2.5” Seagate HDD 

PSU: Corsair TX650M 

Case: Siverstone SG13

Wait, the PSU blew up, or YOU blew it up?  I'm worried now, I have a CX500...

I had a CX750 that blew up, then i had a CX750M that just flat out died on me.

CX750M was being a component killer, when it died....simply tossed it bought that Supernova G2 and now my PC feels so much healthier and works that bit smoother.

But again i probably am this forums resident "Person that really dislikes CX PSU's"

heck even my non 80+ Enermax unit lasted longer and worked better than both the CX Units.

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

I'm just telling you what they told us, and what we ended up having to do. Granted I was like, 11, so you're moving backwards of 15 almost 15 years of alcohol and weed use so...lol

When you delete any file, worst case, all you have to do is reinstall Windows and POOF it works.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

My first build almost 3 years ago, I bent the USB 3.0 pins because I think I stuck the connector in at an angle. I don't even use any of the front connectors anyways, so it wasn't a big deal.

I don't need them ether

MSI-Z97-GAMING-7-b.png

Because he had a hard drive.