Help me fix my Arma III

E982

I optimized it with geforce experience with the most optimal settings and I got 10fps (NSFMR)

When I use the auto detect ingame it sets it all too ultra and I still get 10fps, I have went into the launcher and set all my specs like number of cpu(cores)and how many threads. But it is still shit.

http://i.imgur.com/XCpakdw.jpg

Look on his page peeps

• CPU
    i7 875k
  • Motherboard
    Msi GD80-P55
  • RAM
    15GB Kingston Ram
  • GPU
    EVGA 980 Ref
  • Case
    Haf Stacker
  • Storage
    Agility 4 256gb SSD 2 WD Caviar Blues 1TB in raid 0
  • PSU
    OCZ 700w
  • Display(s)
    3xASUS VS228H-P 22" 1920x1080
  • Cooling
    Custom Loop cooling my CPU
  • Keyboard
    Corsair K95 RGB (WITH RAINBOWS)
  • Mouse
    Corsair M64 white RGB
  • Sound
    Sony Wireless Headphones
  • Operating System
    Windows 8.1 and OSX Yosmite on 320GB seagate barracuda

EDIT:
It's your CPU bottlenecking your system. It appears an fx-6300 outpreforms that thing. OC the shit out of it, or upgrade.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

Specs? Can't help much without specs. 

Wow, what are your specs?

Specs? Can't help much without specs. 

I have them in my profile but I will post them anyway

Look on his page peeps

• CPU
    i7 875k
  • Motherboard
    Msi GD80-P55
  • RAM
    15GB Kingston Ram
  • GPU
    EVGA 980 Ref
  • Case
    Haf Stacker
  • Storage
    Agility 4 256gb SSD 2 WD Caviar Blues 1TB in raid 0
  • PSU
    OCZ 700w
  • Display(s)
    3xASUS VS228H-P 22" 1920x1080
  • Cooling
    Custom Loop cooling my CPU
  • Keyboard
    Corsair K95 RGB (WITH RAINBOWS)
  • Mouse
    Corsair M64 white RGB
  • Sound
    Sony Wireless Headphones
  • Operating System
    Windows 8.1 and OSX Yosmite on 320GB seagate barracuda

Ah you got it

Your i7 875K might be bottlenecking your GTX 980 since ARMA 3 is a very CPU bound game and isn't very well optimized in the first place.

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

What do your display/AA & PP settings look like?

Your i7 875K might be bottlenecking your GTX 980 since ARMA 3 is a very CPU bound game and isn't very well optimized in the first place.

It's definitely bottlenecking, but he should still be getting more than 10fps.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

What do your display/AA & PP settings look like?

It's definitely bottlenecking, but he should still be getting more than 10fps.

I don't know, with my 3570K at 4.4GHz and my GTX 760 at Low-Medium settings I can hardly hold 30FPS constant. It is a pretty unoptimized game and I wouldn't be surprised if that is the reason that he's not getting very good FPS.

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

I don't know, with my 3570K at 4.4GHz and my GTX 760 at Low-Medium settings I can hardly hold 30FPS constant. It is a pretty unoptimized game and I wouldn't be surprised if that is the reason that he's not getting very good FPS.

It doesn't really matter what specs you have past a certain point with Arma 3 (unfortunately), you're not gonna go over around 30fps in most servers. I get ~35fps at 1080p and ~32fps at 4k with 3570k and R9 270 with most settings on low, and textures and a few others on high. 875k is pretty weak compared to our 3570k's, but it's not 1/3 the performance.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

The most I have gotten is a solid 50 but I was messing with random video settings while ingame

The most I have gotten is a solid 50 but I was messing with random video settings while ingame

The only way you are probably going to get a decent FPS is by messing with your video settings and finding what settings work best together :)

My Current Build: 

Have you tried manually setting cpu core count?

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

That is strange with a 3 year old laptop i7 and a 675m I used to have around 30-45 fps. I mean we all know that arma is badly optimized but not this bad.

Have you tried running it on 1 monitor to see if there is a compatibility problem with that.

People be looking for a reason to flame.

what speed is your ram?, arma likes a fast cpu clock and fast ram as many things are going on.

I would look at getting a better cpu through (doesnt need to be multi core - just clocked to the wazoo)

also i noticed you running mac and 8.1 ..... this might be a problem.

pretty sure it wont run on mac and I am not sure about the windows 8.1 support

I run arma 2 with some addons and it chuggs it

just tested mine and it seems to okayish I'm running on w7 though

maybe another thing you should do is go in steam and verify the integrity of the game cache

you could also flush the memory doing the "shift + numpad -" then typing flush while in game

Its all about those volumetric clouds

I optimized it with geforce experience with the most optimal settings and I got 10fps (NSFMR)

When I use the auto detect ingame it sets it all too ultra and I still get 10fps, I have went into the launcher and set all my specs like number of cpu(cores)and how many threads. But it is still shit.

http://i.imgur.com/XCpakdw.jpg

DONT USE Nviddias optimization in arma games! Itll just turn everything ultra and AA off, no!

Try this guide: http://day0.com.au/forum/arma/638-arma-3-performance-tweaks-and-settings-guide

Helps a lot!

Overclocking would help a lot

And dont max the render distance

Oh and btw test your fps in singleplayer,

Because its laggy because of the srever

Edit: do you have an amd cpu?

If so ...thats the problem

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

DONT USE Nviddias optimization in arma games! Itll just turn everything ultra and AA off, no!

Try this guide: http://day0.com.au/forum/arma/638-arma-3-performance-tweaks-and-settings-guide

Helps a lot!

This. Read all of it and try what they recommend. One of the best explanations out there.

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

As said, your CPU is bottlenecking.

Set everything to LOW and start from there.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE