OverKillveri

jackalopeater

"Bottleneck" is so over used. Go do testing please and learn before you speak.

this. raise the resolution 4k and we'll see any cpu bottleneck disappear pretty quick

- AMD Z-9K @ 6.2ghz (ZEN Eng. sample)

- AMD R13 395X2 12GB

~ AMDSRT Member ~

Interesting sounding build, will be very cool to see how the performance works out, also Keith is a cool name!

Pentium G3258 @ 4.2GHz | Asus R9 290 | MSI Z97s SLI Plus | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600MHZ | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | 250GB 840 Evo |Evga Supernova 750W | Win 7 Home Premium | Corsair Obsidian 800D |

i5-2450M @ 2.50 GHz | 8GB RAM | 500GB 5400rpm HDD | Nvidia gt630m | Win 8.1 Pro |

I just wanted to share how close the Swiftech H320 comes to hitting the mosftet heatsink...so close, lol.

Ep2jdGc.jpg?1

is it this dusty in real life too? you should keep it clean :) so close you can barely breathe btw. excited for the build  :D

I am a member of the PCMasterRace. I am terribly sad to announce that I own a PeasantStation 3 Super Slim. it's in a drawer away from my glorious PC.
F@H stats:http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=AngelKoura

Update: Cooler Master shipped out the HAF 935  Stacker and V1200 PSU today, they're sceduled to be here on Friday 2/27.

But today this puppy made it's way home :D

TaYPAON.jpg?1

Looking forward to some Benches now =D xD

i7 4790K@4.5GHz-1.15V, BeQuiet! SR2, Asrock z97e-itx/ac, Kingston  Fury 16GB@1866MHz, GTX 670 2GB, 3x ssdNOW300V 300ishGB, Bitfenix Prodigy, OCZ ZT 750W Twittwit@enRodjavel

I ran Heaven on the basic preset with everything as stock just to get an idea.  But, if I'm off work tomorrow due to weather I'm going to run a gamut of stock benchmarks to get a baseline idea on everything before I get deep into this one.

X2t2zuB.png

I had a kavari system but sold it to get my current system (in sig) but when I had it I unfortunately didn't know anything about overclocking so I couldn't do anything with it that way and I just used the internal graphics and it worked fine for league and minecraft.

G3258 @ 4.5 | 8GB Team Vulcan RAM | 128GB Kingston V300 SSD (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it) | MSI H81I Motherboard | Corsair H55 with Noctua NF-P12 | EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB | OCZ 550W Fully Modular PSU with Noctua NF-A14 | Cooler Master Elite 130 (Soon to be something cool)

We demand pics! Hehe where be this flood u be talkin baout...?

i7 4790K@4.5GHz-1.15V, BeQuiet! SR2, Asrock z97e-itx/ac, Kingston  Fury 16GB@1866MHz, GTX 670 2GB, 3x ssdNOW300V 300ishGB, Bitfenix Prodigy, OCZ ZT 750W Twittwit@enRodjavel

Well over at overclock. Someone contacted the OP. So I thought to share with you guys...

Contacted OP, He has to pay to update the build log (Sponsered Build) and will update once it's all sorted out :)

Damn. Seeing pictures of boxes is already making me jealous lol. Be sure to upload some benchmarks of AAA games once your not busy :)

Well over at overclock. Someone contacted the OP. So I thought to share with you guys...

Yeah, I'm working on getting it straightened out so it can go in their Sponsored area :)

Well, unfortunately my 7850k is a pig when it comes to overclocking.  It took major voltage to get past 4.2ghz with marginal perf increases.  Needless to say, the Mrs will be getting an upgrade real soon as I'm going to be ordering an 860k (still Kaveri based ;) ) and hoping for better luck.  But here's a link to the 3dMark Firestike and Firestike Ultra scores 

Firesrike http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/6081975?

Firestrike Ultra (surprised me here) http://www.3dmark.com/fs/4198530

RMFAELj.png?1

I don't really care too much about how well it performs a synthetic benchmark. How well it games is what is really important for a gaming rig. I really want to see how much of a bottleneck there is or if the A10-7850k is actually a respectable gaming processor at the high end.

-Snip-

How much games do you have?

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

Hey guys, I'll be stuck in a hotel room tonight....good thing is I have all the build log photo's ready to go, so I'll be uploading them into multiple posts tonight :D

Sounds awsome

Okay guys, here's the first round of pics.  I built it over a couple days and the final build pics will be much better and higher quality.  BUT, let's get started :D

This is "Phase 1" of the build where I had to get it started 

Case came in and, well, it's kinda big, lol.

W7ZeGea.jpg

My 18 month old daughter next to it for mini human size comparison, lol

LqmhbGY.jpg

When I went to remove the HDD cage I found that thing is secured by 2 screws connected to the 5.25" bay area and 4 in the front intake fan area (fans not included with case)

2Idtc4O.jpg

Got the motherboard mounted in the case, found that it had plenty of room without feeling like there's "wasted" space

1SPUQHc.jpg

These HDD trays are nice, I know there's an SSD mount on the back, but I have a second SSD that I swap out to play on Linux with.

v0Zv1P0.jpg

Got the PSU sitting pretty in there, that V1200 is the nicest PSU I've ever used.  

2rYX2nJ.jpg

The opinions are true about the space behind the mobo tray, it's a little lacking, but flat cables to make it much easier to work with.

rEJnE2E.jpg

A quick test fit of the R9 295x2 to make sure that it's going to fit the way I want it to.

FUIKG2w.jpg

Went ahead and stripped down the 915, very easy, but ton's of screws holding the HDD cage and 5.25" bay in, lol

jKzsMEj.jpg

Quick look at the hole I had to cut for the 295x2's rad to slide through to the top portioin

OmbNn6V.jpg

at this point, I was getting tired and needed to get some work done using the pc.  Man, if I was going straight Air cooling the mid tower portion looks very sleek and is a great size for Air only.

Rag3mwt.jpg

Here's a view of my desk as I was ending Phase 1 of the build getting ready for some water :)

yFDCJiC.jpg

Phase 2, or completing the build is coming this evening......or tomorrow, lol.  Bear with me folks ;)