What tempereture do you have your aid conditioning set to?

xXxYOLOxSWAGxXx_420BlazeIt

20 degrees for me.

What about you guys?

What about Linus and Slick? That office must be pretty air conditioned.

I don't have aids, so I don't need aid conditioning.

20 degrees for me.

What about you guys?

What about Linus and Slick? That office must be pretty air conditioned.

Why do you think they are doing the water cooled office! They don't have Air Con :lol:

As I live in the UK I have my heating set to 17*c

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

Fry-can-t-tell-meme-generator-not-sure-i

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

Most A/C units are designed to run optimal at 21C, that's what we use at work, most of the time at least.

Green With Envy

A build based on a children's cartoon

I only turn the heating on, when it's cold to the point where my fingers feel like ice. I like the cold, but it's not ideal trying to play PC games with frozen fingers.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

I believe 22ºC Is supposed to be the magic temperature... 

When it's cold in winter I have it set to 22ºC which makes the house feel nice and warm, and when it's hot in summer i have it set to 22ºC which makes it feel nice and cold. 

(LMG Air Conditioning.... #REKT)

CPU i5 4430 3Ghz | Ram: 16GB DDR3 1600 | GPU: GTX 650 Ti 1GB | Mobo: H87N-Wifi | Case: White Bitfenix Prodigy | Boot Drive: 120GB 840 Evo (Mac OS X) 120gb OCZ Vertex 3 (Windows) | Games Drive: 640GB WD Green | OS: Windows 8 & OS X 10.9.1

I love all technology. The perfection of macs for my designer side, and the hardware and fun of tinkering on the of the pc side. We can have it all, just not at the same time.

I don't have air conditioning, I live in a country that requires central heating instead.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I don't have air conditioning, I live in a country that requires central heating instead.

I live in the UK as well. 

What do you do in the summer? Just suffer in it? 

I think this should be in off topic

EDIT: I'm sorry, I thought I had clicked on this from general discussion

Edited by zonahbear

i5-4690k @ 4.2GHz | Asus Radeon R9 290 DirectCU II | Hyper 212 EVO | ASRock Z97 Extreme3 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866MHz, Corsair XMS 4GB | 850 EVO 250GB, random 1TB drive | Corsair 200R | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W | Rosewill RK-9000BR | Logitech G700s | Logitech G930 | ViewSonic VG2427wm, Dell S2209W, Dell S2009W

Dell Inspiron 3147

Latitude E5420, Samsung 840 EVO 250gb, 12gb RAM, 1600x900 display

Pentium G3258 @ 3.2GHz | WD Red 2TB x3 in RAID-Z, Crucial MX100 128GB(cache drive) | Fractal Design Node 304 | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB | EVGA 500B

HTC One M8 64GB, Droid Razr M

I live in the UK as well. 

What do you do in the summer? Just suffer in it?

It's summer in the UK, in the north. Why the hell would I need air con? just open some windows, close the blinds over a bit and get a room fan if necessary. The house I live in was built in the 60s and air con would cost too much to install.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

My room dissipates so much heat outside that I don't have the "air conditioning" set to a "temperature".

I turn the heater on and program it to heat up to 5 degrees C more than its sensor detects. Warms up relatively quickly.

I remember starting a thread like this ages ago, but I have my hot water heating system set to 23.3C/74F and the air conditioning set to 21.1C/70F in the summer.

How ever cold it is outside... 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

24°C Heating and cooling.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

I tend to have it set to 77F during the day and 76F at sunset then 75F when it's time to sleep. When I game I turn it off and open the windows because I have my computer table right by the thermostat so it goes crazy due to the hot air from my desktop rising. I only use my desktop for gaming (I connect my MBPr to my 4K monitor for everything else). 

This just shows how cutting edge my air conditioning is, I couldn't tell you the temperature because you can't set a temperature, you just sit and wait for the room to warm up after choosing one of two settings which are essentially the same, low and high and heater or cooler. Most of the time it's just better to open the window. LOL.

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Code of Conduct ■ Suggestions ■ Report a Bug ■ FAQ with Windspeed36 ■ Useful Links ■ Memes

I don't have aids, so I don't need aid conditioning.

i agree

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

I have mine between 20 and 21C. 

I live in the northwest in the US, don't have AC. Yes it gets hot about a month a year but at night I just put some fans in the window, it usually cools down at night. Oh and it's winter now so the heat is running all the time, but it's set to 20c. My computer really loves the winter! I can leave the fans off most of the time and it's running nice and cool.