Why did you choose your graphics card?

KRImSIN

Ok so i would like to say first is this is not a BATTLE OR SPAM!

But the main question is why did you choose your graphics card?

-Was there a reason?

-Lots of Vram?

-Looked smexy?

-Fit your system?

-Etc.

Did you choose Nvidia or AMD?

I personally like both company's

*This thread sounded much better in my head*

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

Ok so i would like to say first is this is not a BATTLE OR SPAM!

But the main question is why did you choose your graphics card?

-Was there a reason?

-Lots of Vram?

-Looked smexy?

-Fit your system?

-Etc.

Did you choose Nvidia or AMD?

I personally like both company's

*This thread sounded much better in my head*

The fans gave me wood. 

I like nVidia.

I like matte black things.

It also said "Superclocked" and "ACX 2.0", no clue what it is but still bought it.

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

I got my GPU (gtx 760) because of Geforce experience and the drivers in general. I am going to buy myself a shield tablet or a shield portable (my birthday is comming up soon) so I can game in my bed :D

I got mine because of 2 reasons, it was (at the time) the 2nd most powerful GPU on the market (next to the R9-290X) and I wanted it to match my motherboard, and it needed to be a reference series card.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

I ahh now what can I say about intel integrated graphics.........nope.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

I got my GPU (gtx 760) because of Geforce experience and the drivers in general. I am going to buy myself a shield tablet or a shield portable (my birthday is comming up soon) so I can game in my bed :D

You realistically don't need the Shield to game on your bed. Try this:

eb4ad154e4c8d05386563886f1a28767.png

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

Cost/performance at the time, no longer the case. I wanted a back plate and very cool card that would last. I'm still not sure how I feel about the 3.5gb of v ram. It does everything I want, came from a a8 and before that a 7950gt so no matter what I did it was a upgrade. Also the fan on my microwave is louder than my gpu so it's a lot quieter than I thought.

I chose my gtx 980 windforce because

1. It's op

2. I wanted to play 4k games and I still do

3. I can afford it

Its when dragons have so much sex that the cpu cant handle it

I got me Asus r9 290, because the prices are low atm, there was a great deal on Amazon. 

And finally, I was going to water cool it, so their great pcb and components won me over, I also didn't need to worry about the stock cooler, (which I have to do something with now :P)

What About you @KRImSIN

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

At the time of my PC's build/purchase i watched a bunch of reviews and read a lot of feedback in many places, here included :) 

What About you @KRImSIN

Ohhh lol i'm only running a laptop currently i will do my build soon i'm probably going to get a 960.

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

Ohhh lol i'm only running a laptop currently i will do my build soon i'm probably going to get a 960.

Very nice! :D Enjoy your build! 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Because the 770 was the 970 a year ago so yeah :D

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

you might be able to get a nice r9290 or the x for the price/ just above of the 960.

I currently have a 780. Got it because my 6950 was lacking in performance.

Have thought of selling it to grab one or two 970's and use them for Folding.

they were the best in the market and the only decent non-reference 980 available here. Would've gone for two 290x's but all they have here were reference cards and I heard that the fan noise was a annoying

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

MSI 280x

At the time it was the cheapest 280x and well it's a great card imo. 

Two EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+ because - smexy, good clock speeds, better then single 980 by a lot at roughly the same price

VTX3D HD 7950

It was the second best AMD card (I'm kinda AMD guy but I also like Nvidia), and it was on sale for 210€.

CPU: Ryzen 3700X VGA: RX 5700 8G RAM: 32GB 3200MT/s DDR4 Motherboard: B450 Aorus Pro

Storage: 2x1TB Crucial P2, 1TB Crucial MX500, 36TB NAS Cooling: Custom Loop 360mm & 280mm

PSU: Super Flower Golden Green HX 650W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe

It was cheap and decent (Manli 9600gt 512mb)

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

because its quiet and had more Vram than the 280x ... only just god damn 970 

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER

I chose mine because I got a reference gtx 770 not long after release for almost half the price of anywhere else!

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

I chose my 980 for the heck of it (using it on a VGA monitor) 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro