Unity and Quadros's

Go to solution Solved by Judahnator,

currently an I5 3330

Thanks for the reply but one of the main reasons I put a post on here was to find out what the benefit of a quadro was

With a quadro, you will have features like more advanced error-correction, 10-bit-color, double-precision FLOPs, etc.

If you are just starting out, and not doing any super-advanced cloth-rendering or fluid simulations, i would stick with your 750ti. In the future maybe get a flagship card like a 780, for the extra CUDA cores.

I know some people who do animation in Blender who use dual-GPU cards. That way they can use one GPU for normal desktop use, while using the other GPU for rendering.

I really wouldnt get a workstation card yet. Im not saying you will never be able to use it, but it is a serious investment and you should be sure you know how to use its advanced features before dropping a few THOUSAND on one.

Hi all,

I have been playing around with coding for a while and i am looking to start seriously in unity to make games. I really want to know what would be the benefit of using quadro over my 750 ti besides from the "depending on which I get it will be faster" as if it had some real benefit like being to able to do a higher level of rendering or being able to do more lighting simulation. then also how do they compare to AMD firepro gpu's.

I have tried goggling this but I could not find any straight answer.

thanks in advanced!

Hi all,

I have been playing around with coding for a while and i am looking to start seriously in unity to make games. I really want to know what would be the benefit of using quadro over my 750 ti besides from the "depending on which I get it will be faster" as if it had some real benefit like being to able to do a higher level of rendering or being able to do more lighting simulation. then also how do they compare to AMD firepro gpu's.

I have tried goggling this but I could not find any straight answer.

thanks in advanced!

Stick wit your 750ti since it can hanlde it due to cuda acceleration , game design on unity is not a hard rendering process

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-workstation-graphics-card,3493.html

what cpu do you have?

Stick wit your 750ti since it can hanlde it due to cuda acceleration , game design on unity is not a hard rendering process

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-workstation-graphics-card,3493.html

what cpu do you have?

currently an I5 3330

Thanks for the reply but one of the main reasons I put a post on here was to find out what the benefit of a quadro was

currently an I5 3330

With a quadro, you will have features like more advanced error-correction, 10-bit-color, double-precision FLOPs, etc.

If you are just starting out, and not doing any super-advanced cloth-rendering or fluid simulations, i would stick with your 750ti. In the future maybe get a flagship card like a 780, for the extra CUDA cores.

I know some people who do animation in Blender who use dual-GPU cards. That way they can use one GPU for normal desktop use, while using the other GPU for rendering.

I really wouldnt get a workstation card yet. Im not saying you will never be able to use it, but it is a serious investment and you should be sure you know how to use its advanced features before dropping a few THOUSAND on one.

~Judah

Thanks for the reply this has answered my questions.