Oh, Apple... the excuses. iWatch technology apparently isn't smart enough

Prastupok

Exactly. People are going to turn this into a "DAE APPLE IS SHITE LOLOL" but the simple fact is the sensors they want to include simply aren't compact enough to fit into a watch. Thats it. There is no conspiracy here. 

Apple either fails entirely or they nail it. They don't half ass two things, they whole ass one thing. 

I agree. I'm not worried about the fact that they missed what they wanted, I'm more worried they'll follow in the iPhone trap of just making it more ergonomic over a more pleasant experience to use.

They aren't the only one, don't get me wrong, but it's not necessarily the right way to innovate. Things are thin enough, IMHO

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

I agree. I'm not worried about the fact that they missed what they wanted, I'm more worried they'll follow in the iPhone trap of just making it more ergonomic over a more pleasant experience to use.

They aren't the only one, don't get me wrong, but it's not necessarily the right way to innovate. Things are thin enough, IMHO

One of the complaints I found hilarious was that the Watch didn't have BP sensor. 

Geniuses of the world, do you realize that the only way to get a BP reading that makes ANY sense in a diagnostic or even half assed way is to have a BP cuff on your upper arm? 

You either need to wear a goddamn watch on your bicep OR have Apple include a bicep strap sensor; neither of which they would do. They'd sooner burn the entire project to the ground before going to such a cumbersome method. 

One of the complaints I found hilarious was that the Watch didn't have BP sensor. 

Geniuses of the world, do you realize that the only way to get a BP reading that makes ANY sense in a diagnostic or even half assed way is to have a BP cuff on your upper arm? 

You either need to wear a goddamn watch on your bicep OR have Apple include a bicep strap sensor; neither of which they would do. They'd sooner burn the entire project to the ground before going to such a cumbersome method. 

Well, no... there ARE wrist cuffs, but they are big and expensive. Those features are about as useful (for today) as the Samsung HR reader.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Well, no... there ARE wrist cuffs, but they are big and expensive. Those features are about as useful (for today) as the Samsung HR reader.

They however require holding your wrist at a very specific position AND due to being at the wrist have higher readings than what your BP actually is and thus less accurate. It goes back to what Apple would include, and they probably wouldn't want something like that. I work in the field, I sure as hell don't want that. 

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/high-blood-pressure/expert-answers/wrist-blood-pressure-monitors/faq-20057802

They however require holding your wrist at a very specific position AND due to being at the wrist have higher readings than what your BP actually is and thus less accurate. It goes back to what Apple would include, and they probably wouldn't want something like that. I work in the field, I sure as hell don't want that. 

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/high-blood-pressure/expert-answers/wrist-blood-pressure-monitors/faq-20057802

This is also true. But blaming other companies for not developing a more ergonomic medical device is asinine. 

maybe its true, a lot of sensors so far have been pretty pants, apple want it to provide accurate reliable data, tim cook is pretty adamant about health not just being a gimmick

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Now hold on, now its going to be a brick that tells time, plays music, has a several hour battery, and gives notifications. 

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

Nixe

proud owner of alienware 13 with graphic amplifier and also a alienware X51 gaming PC!!! really powerfulL!!

xoxo samantha <3

Yes, Apple is going to go make medical grade sensors out of nowhere.

/s

I thought people would be happy that instead of just including needless crap, they're paring back to what they know will work 100%? Its a first generation product. Its going to be dicey. The sensor tech has yet to catch up to what Apple, and everyone else TBH, should be using in smart watches. 

Now hold on, now its going to be a brick that tells time, plays music, has a several hour battery, and gives notifications. 

tumblr_me298ceXKS1qga22uo1_500.gif

"Rawr XD"

But for an additional two hundred dollars, you can have one with terrible heath features.

LTT CSGO SERVER! IP 8.12.22.45!~  Connect by connecting on csgo console

Use console command "connect"   --->  connect 8.12.22.45

For a company that invents so much... they really don't have good results.

Sarcasm, right?

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5-4690K | Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: Kingston Savage 4x4GB | GPU: Asus Strix GTX970 | PSU: Seasonic M12II-620 Evo | Storage: MX100 128GB + WD Blue 1TB | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 evo | Case: NZXT H440