Budget External Sound Card?

Exploded117
Go to solution Solved by SSL,

Syba DAC. Anything else is probably garbage.

I recently have bought a new headset that everyone I asked said it sounds great and the mic quality is great as well. But when I tried it out I wasn't so sure what everyone was talking about.

Then I realized something. It wasn't the headset. IT was the onboard sound on my computer that was complete rubbish. I did some research and the best way for me to fix this is with an external sound card. (they are usually better than internal sound card upgrades and I have taken up all of the space of the stupid dell dell case that I have with a graphics upgrade. (don't worry i'm currently saving for a custom build))

Since I have no idea what products are good for this type of product, I was hoping someone here knew. I do have a budget. It is fairly low but I can't necessarily give an exact number. So, what I really want to say is, what is the cheapest, good sounding External sound card that is cheap but not to the point that its so cheap it sounds horrible but also not to the point where it is uber expensive.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I forgot to put this in but it has to have audio and microphone inputs.

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."

-Ron White

Are you using the PC that's listed on your profile?

Are you using the PC that's listed on your profile?

Yeah, I was looking for something to improve my sound quality until I finish saving and build anew.

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."

-Ron White

Thanks, I think i'll probably look into getting into that.

-Ron White

Thanks, I think i'll probably look into getting into that.

I use one, it's perfect for the price. Syba DAC - link for reference.

http://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-Siberia-Sound-Card-Black/dp/B000WJ9K4G

not that good but quite cheap normally used in lan parties 

Thanks, but someone else posted the Syba DAC that they said was good and is only about $10 more and I think i'll probably get that.

-Ron White

I use one, it's perfect for the price. Syba DAC - link for reference.

Good reviews as well.

-Ron White

S.M.S.L. makes some good cheap stuff also. The Syba is just more fully featured and readily available at a great price for those not scared of blatantly OEM gear.

S.M.S.L. makes some good cheap stuff also. The Syba is just more fully featured and readily available at a great price for those not scared of blatantly OEM gear.

Anything other than the SD793-II we should know about?

Anything other than the SD793-II we should know about?

All of their products look good. I bought a "Fort" DAC when it was on eBay for $12 and it does it's simple job admirably. Basically, what FiiO products should have been.