Building Pc soon (antistatic Wrist Strap)

CobalTicz

I ordered all the parts required for my pc and i would be building it tomorrow but the case shipped dented so i have to wait for a new one.

My question tho is what precautions do i need to take while building. Anti static wrist strap and what else also any recommendations on the wrist strap would be a plus.   And in advance thank you for all input

You don't really need an antistatic wrist strap. I've built almost 70 computers (For work and others) I've never used one. Just have your hand touch the case before . during installation of any components as the case itself is metal.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Remember to build the PC before putting it in the case and make sure it posts!

Also, dont touch metalic parts on the different PCBs, use a magnetic screwdriver, read the mobo's manual if you have any doubts and have fun.

YOu MUST end up with a little cut on a finger the first time you build a PC, its a ritual.

Good luck!

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

You don't really need an antistatic wrist strap. I've built almost 70 computers (For work and others) I've never used one. Just have your hand touch the case before . during installation of any components as the case itself is metal.

What he said. Unless you're building on deep carpet with wool socks

Remember to build the PC before putting it in the case and make sure it posts!

Also, dont touch metalic parts on the different PCBs, use a magnetic screwdriver, read the mobo's manual if you have any doubts and have fun.

YOu MUST end up with a little cut on a finger the first time you build a PC, its a ritual.

Good luck!

That never happened to me o-o

That never happened to me o-o

You are a virgin in computer building then. Even @LinusTech got one.

(JK maybe you have a thick skin on your fingers, i got cut installing the backplate my first time :D, either its been with rough edges on the case or with the CPU cooler fins... xD)

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

You are a virgin in computer building then. Even @LinusTech got one.

(JK maybe you have a thick skin on your fingers, i got cut installing the backplate my first time :D, either its been with rough edges on the case or with the CPU cooler fins... xD)

I was careful about not cutting myself on that so I guess I am not fully a member ;~;

ok so as long as my opposite hand is touching something metal or grounded while my other one works i should be fine and ill probably be building on either the tile floor in the kitchen or hardwood in the dining room both wood tables

ok so as long as my opposite hand is touching something metal or grounded while my other one works i should be fine and ill probably be building on either the tile floor in the kitchen or hardwood in the dining room both wood tables

yup, you basically want the Case and component to have the same charge when installing parts, so that there are no electrical differences that can kill any components. (some components are that sensitive, but just be carefull and you will be fine)

Eh, i recommend buying one, they're not expensive at all, so why wouldn't you? It's like a free insurance. You know, all of the big computer companies aren't using them for fun.

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

Eh, i recommend buying one, they're not expensive at all, so why wouldn't you? It's like a free insurance. You know, all of the big computer companies aren't using them for fun.

what one would you recommend and are there any stores i can buy one at i dont really want to wait for it to ship if i do get one

I'd say if you can, get off something that can produce static and occasionally touch something metal to ground yourself though if you do it on like carpet I'd say that you're still fine as long as it isn't dry because generally when humidity is higher there is less possibility of static build up. 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

I'd say if you can, get off something that can produce static and occasionally touch something metal to ground yourself though if you do it on like carpet I'd say that you're still fine as long as it isn't dry because generally when humidity is higher there is less possibility of static build up. 

i have a pretty humid basement if that would be the safest place and ill be on tile floors

ive changed cpu coolers and gpu, ect without any anti static. i even vacuum my pc

ive changed cpu coolers and gpu, ect without any anti static. i even vacuum my pc

I did that and screwed up a stick of DDR2 RAM...

It Won't Fail Cause of Me.

for all of you that are saying i should get some sort of anti static thing recommend me something or tell me where i can buy one preferably a store i don't want to wait on shipping