Confurtable headphones

orangecat

I would recommend V-Moda Crossfade LPs, as they are the most comfortable headphones I have ever owned, and can be had for less than $200 now. They also sound amazing which is important too. I tend to not recommend "gaming" branded headphones to anyone as more often than not they are more focused on looks than sound quality.

If your budget can afford, i'd say go with these. I used the old model for years and absolutely loved them! Exceptional audiophile sound, and i would often times wear them on 8 or 9 hour gaming sessions, completely forgetting I had them on until i took them off and my ears felt cold. Just make sure you have the sound card to pump them, they won't run off on-board I actually bought my fiio amp for my ipod because the ipod had trouble pumping them. Remember "music" headphones will be the best "gaming" headphones you've ever heard. Honestly I wouldn't even bother with gaming headsets, just get a good pair of headphones and a $6 lav mic off amazon. You might also want to look for some DJ headphones, because their job is to wear headphones for hours and hours on end, so you can assume they will be comfortable. The only problem with those is that they have some connectors that aren't average user friendly, like XLR.
I personally have 3 headphones as well, different headphones for different applications. Like Aphexx mentioned, Audiophile headphones will be comfortable pretty much no matter what you buy, but they trade it off for aesthetics, trust me 99% of good headphones are ugly as shit. Don't focus on power rating because that means literally nothing, It's like a car sound system, you can pump 10000watts into your speakers all day, but all you'll be hearing is booms and vibrations, not exactly music. You need to look at actual listener reviews to find out what sound they cater to. Some are more mid friendly while others have gorgeous highs. Don't buy headphones based on power rating ever, and very rarely buy them based on brand. Buy them because you have read about them or personally listened to them and know exactly the type of sound coming out of them. Not all headphones are for everyone. I suggested the A700s because the sound is very very balanced; you get a nice throw of everything. Plus the sound-staging is superb. Very good entry audiophile headphones IMO. But check out this site http://www.head-fi.org members review headphones and give out personal listening experiences. I never buy audio equipment without consulting at least 30 or 40 different reviews and listen to them in person if i can, just to make sure they have the sound i'm looking for.

If it's in your budget I'd recommend Sennheiser 598. I've never had a time wearing these when I had to take them off. Make sure to have an amped sound card for high end headphones though.

If it's in your budget I'd recommend Sennheiser 598. I've never had a time wearing these when I had to take them off. Make sure to have an amped sound card for high end headphones though.
You don't need an amped sound card for HD598's. 250 Ohm+ needs amp. Although a sound card to use as a dac would be a good idea, or just get a fiio e10. Oh how I hate computer inbuilt audio.

Current rig: i5 2500k & Gtx 560ti With Filco MJ1 TKL & Neutron Gtx 120gb SSD

Don't worry the 700XB's are wicked comfortable. People buy broken MDR-xxxxXB series off of ebay just to get cheap spare earpads to put on other headphones where they fit.
sony phased out the old XB line with the huge monster truck tire earcups. the new XB line is all on ear design as opposed to the comfortable around ear

Go with the Razer Kraken Pro. They are SO comfortable. Or you can go with the Steelseries 7H. According to Linus, they should be amazing too.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

I'm a big fan of the Audio Technica ATHM50. ~$120 USD on Amazon with Prime shipping. Get the ATHM50S if you want a straight rather than coiled cord.

They are frequently voted some of the best all around headphones you can buy. There are likely some better suited for a gaming sound stage, but for music, without spending hundreds of dollars, these are a steal and in most cases won't require an amp to get the most out of them. They can get uncomfortable after a while, but I've easily worn them for several hours playing BF3 before noticing any discomfort, and even then the discomfort is slight.

Check out the attached link to Head-Fi's summer 2012 buying guide (didn't check if they have a newer one out yet), you might find some other suitable options.

Personally my M50s become rather heavy after a few hours of wearing them.

Current Rig:

Phenom II x2 550 @ 3.7GHz stock volts

Corsair A70

ASUS M4N75TD

WD 500GB Black Drive

WD 1TB Blue Drive

XFX GTS 250 at stock settings

XFX 650W XXX edition PSU

OCZ BE 4GB @ 1600MHz 9-9-9-24 1.5v

Mushkin Radioactive 8GB @ 1600 9-9-9-24 1.5v

Cooler Master CM690II Advanced edition

If heat is a problem, I would opt for open headphones unless outside sound is an issue. My open headphone recommendation would be Audio Technica ATH-AD700. Otherwise I would recommend a set of Beyerdynamic dt770 pros if you want closed headphones, which from what I hear are very comfortable.

Current Rig:

Phenom II x2 550 @ 3.7GHz stock volts

Corsair A70

ASUS M4N75TD

WD 500GB Black Drive

WD 1TB Blue Drive

XFX GTS 250 at stock settings

XFX 650W XXX edition PSU

OCZ BE 4GB @ 1600MHz 9-9-9-24 1.5v

Mushkin Radioactive 8GB @ 1600 9-9-9-24 1.5v

Cooler Master CM690II Advanced edition

If you want comfortable headphones I recomend de platronics gamecom 360's, they are way below your budget, they cost like $50 dunno if you are open for a little less quallity but with this guys I can play for hours and I wont even feel them on my head :D

Just my opinion and I don't have a $200 budget so it's your choice.