Confurtable headphones

orangecat

I ordered a pair of Sony MDR-700XB off Amazon.ca they have not arrived yet and I'm more then certin they will be comfortable but if they are not can someone recommend a good set of headphones because every pair I have EVER owned has never felt good on my ears they always get warm and uncomfortable so i got to take them off after half an hour.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n163[/ATTACH]

I ordered a pair of Sony MDR-700XB off Amazon.ca they have not arrived yet and I'm more then certin they will be comfortable but if they are not can someone recommend a good set of headphones because every pair I have EVER owned has never felt good on my ears they always get warm and uncomfortable so i got to take them off after half an hour. [ATTACH=CONFIG]n163[/ATTACH]

I'm a little worried Google turns up nothing about them...

Anyway, they aren't the greatest sounding headphones but the Sennheiser 201's I think they are are bloody comfy as are the other similar Sennheiser headphones. What exactly are you after in them? General listening? Precision audio for recording?

Can you wander down to your local hifi/electronics store? Most of the stores here in Australia have demonstration sets that you can try out to see what you like.

I think the Razer Kraken Pro Gaming headset is awesome, really comfortable.

I've had 2 pairs of Tritton AX180's, they work brilliantly for me as they work on anything and are sooooo comfy for me. It's hard for me to find a comfortable pair as my ears kind of stick out.

"An Excellent Signature"

I've had 2 pairs of Tritton AX180's, they work brilliantly for me as they work on anything and are so comfy for me. It's hard for me to find a comfortable pair as my ears kind of stick out but these are perfect, I'll be getting another pair if these break.

"An Excellent Signature"

Don't worry the 700XB's are wicked comfortable. People buy broken MDR-xxxxXB series off of ebay just to get cheap spare earpads to put on other headphones where they fit.

I would recommend Sennheiser HD 558's for their price to performance and the cirumaural open backed design staying comfortable through hours of music or gaming.

I would recommend Sennheiser HD 558's for their price to performance and the cirumaural open backed design staying comfortable through hours of music or gaming.
How much money?

I can game for days with my corsair vengeance 2000's but for even more comfort I love my audio technica ad-700's I've fallen asleep with them on, woke up, realized I still had them on and kept wearing them and listening. the feather illustrated on the box really describes them

Comfort = Dt990/Dt880/Dt770

Current rig: i5 2500k & Gtx 560ti With Filco MJ1 TKL & Neutron Gtx 120gb SSD

If your budget can afford, i'd say go with these. I used the old model for years and absolutely loved them! Exceptional audiophile sound, and i would often times wear them on 8 or 9 hour gaming sessions, completely forgetting I had them on until i took them off and my ears felt cold. Just make sure you have the sound card to pump them, they won't run off on-board I actually bought my fiio amp for my ipod because the ipod had trouble pumping them. Remember "music" headphones will be the best "gaming" headphones you've ever heard. Honestly I wouldn't even bother with gaming headsets, just get a good pair of headphones and a $6 lav mic off amazon. You might also want to look for some DJ headphones, because their job is to wear headphones for hours and hours on end, so you can assume they will be comfortable. The only problem with those is that they have some connectors that aren't average user friendly, like XLR.

I'm a big fan of the Audio Technica ATHM50. ~$120 USD on Amazon with Prime shipping. Get the ATHM50S if you want a straight rather than coiled cord.

They are frequently voted some of the best all around headphones you can buy. There are likely some better suited for a gaming sound stage, but for music, without spending hundreds of dollars, these are a steal and in most cases won't require an amp to get the most out of them. They can get uncomfortable after a while, but I've easily worn them for several hours playing BF3 before noticing any discomfort, and even then the discomfort is slight.

Check out the attached link to Head-Fi's summer 2012 buying guide (didn't check if they have a newer one out yet), you might find some other suitable options.

In Canada, milk comes in bags.

I do not suggest any gaming headset like people have said earlier. they might have the comfort for long gaming sessions but you will lose in quality.

Generally speaking any around-ear headphones (circumaural) will be comfortable because it distributes the pressure around your ears and on top of your head.

As far as my personal experience, I have owned Sony MDR V6's which were comfortable but could cause some discomfort since I have large ears lol. They are amazing quality for the price though. Personally, they are some of the best headphones I have seen for price to performance.

I also own Sennheiser HD600's which are very comfortable with lots of padding. They could be tight though being made out of not very flexible plastic. With HD600's though, any discomfort someone might find would be ignored from their insane audio quality.

I have also tried my friend's DT770's which are also comfortable.

If your budget can afford, i'd say go with these. I used the old model for years and absolutely loved them! Exceptional audiophile sound, and i would often times wear them on 8 or 9 hour gaming sessions, completely forgetting I had them on until i took them off and my ears felt cold. Just make sure you have the sound card to pump them, they won't run off on-board I actually bought my fiio amp for my ipod because the ipod had trouble pumping them. Remember "music" headphones will be the best "gaming" headphones you've ever heard. Honestly I wouldn't even bother with gaming headsets, just get a good pair of headphones and a $6 lav mic off amazon. You might also want to look for some DJ headphones, because their job is to wear headphones for hours and hours on end, so you can assume they will be comfortable. The only problem with those is that they have some connectors that aren't average user friendly, like XLR.
They do look nice but the power rating not that I need alot of power is less they the sonys and there is no real picture of the ear cups.

Can you wander down to your local hifi/electronics store? Most of the stores here in Australia have demonstration sets that you can try out to see what you like.
Not in my city plus alot fo them are either broken/dirty or i just dont want them.

most of the audio technicas with he 3D wing share the same chassis. this would be ridiculously comfortable like my ad700's when comparing headphones to eachother you gotta pick where you want your sound to be, power rating doesn't really say much.

everything is about economies of sound you can rarely have it all.

example: Beats by Dre. they look awesome around your neck and crank the bass like none other but that bass comes at the expense of non existent mids and crackly highs not to mention the prestige pricing for a subpar product.

you said you wanted a comfortable headphone the audio technica line utilizing the 3d wing chassis is that along with the denons and akg's mentioned earlier. now you have to decide where do you want to place yourself in the sound spectrum bassy or do you want to hear voices more (mids)? do you want accurate sound or wider sound? do you care if others can hear you thru the headphones (leakage)

many headphone freaks have a long list of headphones that they own and regularly switch around depending on use because not one does everything for everyone. myself my list is 3 long and I am now shopping for another.

I'm a big fan of the Audio Technica ATHM50. ~$120 USD on Amazon with Prime shipping. Get the ATHM50S if you want a straight rather than coiled cord.

They are frequently voted some of the best all around headphones you can buy. There are likely some better suited for a gaming sound stage, but for music, without spending hundreds of dollars, these are a steal and in most cases won't require an amp to get the most out of them. They can get uncomfortable after a while, but I've easily worn them for several hours playing BF3 before noticing any discomfort, and even then the discomfort is slight.

Check out the attached link to Head-Fi's summer 2012 buying guide (didn't check if they have a newer one out yet), you might find some other suitable options.

best headphone per dollar spent, however not as comfortable as others out there. the pleather creates a lot of earsweat and the clamping force grows on you over time. I've switched out the earcup with ones from an old turtle beach phone to increase comfort. despite doing this I won't classify these as highly comfortable.

but let me be among the thousands to say..... M50's are a bleeping awesome headphone.

I ordered a pair of Sony MDR-700XB off Amazon.ca they have not arrived yet and I'm more then certin they will be comfortable but if they are not can someone recommend a good set of headphones because every pair I have EVER owned has never felt good on my ears they always get warm and uncomfortable so i got to take them off after half an hour. [ATTACH=CONFIG]n163[/ATTACH]

I have the XB700s and the ear cups are very comfortable but they are quite heavy and there is very little padding on the top that gets worn out over time and gets uncomfortable after long periods.

Sennheiser HD 439 was the most comfortable headphones I've wear. Razer carcharias is also comfortable.

I have astro a40 2013 ed and they are good.
copy that.

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)