Star Wars Battlefront rumours: campaign spans entire SW saga

XTankSlayerX

star-wars-battlefront-header-600x337.jpg

Star Wars fan site Making Star Wars has published a long list of leaks from the upcoming EA and DICE Star Wars Battlefront game. The leaks cover campaign, multiplayer and much more.

Making Star Wars has proved reliable before when it comes to movie leaks, but we must treat this as a rumour for now, until EA officially reveals gameplay details in the spring.

According to information the site received, Battlefront will come with both campaign and multiplayer modes. The multiplayer portion will support 64-player battles like previous Battlefield games. As for the campaign, it’s supposedly longer than most modern games. The story will cover the entire Star Wars saga, giving you control of both the good guys (Old Republic, Rebellion and Republic) and the bad guys (Separatists and the Empire). The majority of it will be set in the original trilogy, but will feature events from the prequel trilogy, including the Revenge of the Sith opening battle.

Now here’s is where it gets interesting, the final section of the campaign is supposed to serve as a prequel to the upcoming The Force Awakens film, given that it’s primed for release before the film.

Multiplayer -wise, some game modes will feature space-to-land battles. But what differentiates this from Battlefield games is what’s called the “hero” system. Think of it as a killstreak-style reward that lets you play as certain hero characters when you reach a certain point threshold.

Source: http://www.vg247.com/2015/02/12/star-wars-battlefront-campaign-multiplayer-rumours/
Source #2: http://makingstarwars.net/2015/02/tons-star-wars-battlefront-rumors-links-star-wars-force-awakens/

Not a Star Wars fan but i think this might just make me one.

If any of this is true, EA better get a whole lot of respect.

I hope these leaks are true, making the game a prequel to the movie and making the campaign long, everyone is going to like this.

Hype.

It should be good, if this is true.

The hype will build, especially with EA's marketing campaign. The game however is very unlikely to live up to the hype. That said, it seems that EA has learned a bit from the Ubisoft shitstorm, so maybe they've changed a bit for the better.

If it's the usual modern military shooter style of campaign, prepare to be let down. I hope they make the campaign like it used to be in the old Battlefield and Battlefront titles, where it's basically a set of multiplayer maps played in order against bots with cutscenes inbetween.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

star-wars-battlefront-header-600x337.jpg

Source: http://www.vg247.com/2015/02/12/star-wars-battlefront-campaign-multiplayer-rumours/

Not a Star Wars fan but i think this might just make me one.

If any of this is true, EA better get a whole lot of respect.

I hope these leaks are true, making the game a prequel to the movie and making the campaign long, everyone is going to like this.

Hype.

Not a big fan either but THIS would be nice

how much i would love this but im calling

MORE BULLSHIT FROM EA LIKE ME GUESS U NEED 10 DLC TO GET ALL THE STORY

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

The hype will build, especially with EA's marketing campaign. The game however is very unlikely to live up to the hype. That said, it seems that EA has learned a bit from the Ubisoft shitstorm, so maybe they've changed a bit for the better.

To be honest I expect bf4 with a different skin. I fear we'll see one-shot kills, terrible player movement, regenerating health, an extremely short, linear and dumb campaign and everything else that ruined the Battlefield series.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Sounds good. But if the end of the campaign is supposed to be a prelude to the force awakens then the danger is that they will rush to get it out a few months before the movie which is coming out in December.

I'm a huge fan of Star Wars, and I really hope they don't mess up Battlefront. I don't have much hope though. This news however, is good news. It will be interesting to see how they pull that off. 

Wonder whether Dice will move Frostbite to DX12 by the time this is out?

Will Death Star be playable?

I really hope so/think so. Since it's such a huge part of Star Wars, there will probably be a few maps involving the death star, like a trench run or inside the death star

would be epic  what if they plan ahead ? and we play star wars 8 and 9 before the movies come out xD

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

let's be honest here. star wars doesn't really need to be much more than a reskin. and as for updating frostbite? it's hoth....frostbite is compulsory....

jokes aside. a well matured, reskinned game with a decent single player campaign would be a moneymaker for dice/ EA. They don't need to reinvent the hoverboard.

let's be honest here. star wars doesn't really need to be much more than a reskin. and as for updating frostbite? it's hoth....frostbite is compulsory....

jokes aside. a well matured, reskinned game with a decent single player campaign would be a moneymaker for dice/ EA. They don't need to reinvent the hoverboard.

That's what I've been thinking. As long as I can fight people in an X-Wing or AT-AT I'll be happy.

Would love for some X-Wing/Tie Fighter fighting, as well as the AT-AT.

And even more-so for the likes of Darth Caedus to be in the story. :<

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

I hope this is true. I loved the original Battlefront Games, and would gladly get this one!

Hopefully the graphics are better than the older games :)

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

Lol, how long before we get Battlefield: Star Wars

that's actually not a terrible idea I hate to say....

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

This better be good. If it isn't EA will lose my respect. (which probably should of already happened). I personally won't care too much for multiplayer.

One thing i would love to see is an HD remake of Battlefront 1 and 2. Hopefully modders could do this in the Battlefront 3 engine kind of like Skywind.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

I'm sure at least one person at DICE was on Reddit this morning, came across the rumor that JJ Abrams is trying to get The Force Awakens moved up to this summer, and had a small heart attack...

Turnip OC'd to 3Hz on air

I really hope this will just be like a HD remake of Battlefront II. That game had some quirks and nowadays it just looks ugly. I really hope they don't change the fighting system too much. And I really hope they won't make it into a reskin of battlefield. That would be such a let down

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

If it requires battlelog for the singleplayer they can go Fuck themselves. I will deal with it for multiplayer, but I still resent them for shoehorning it into the singleplayer

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

this would actually make me buy it, gg EA, gg.

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

I'll forgive EA once they give me a successor to Knights of the Old Republic.

The Old Republic doesn't count. That shit on the story of KotOR in embarrassing ways and wasn't even 1/10th as rewarding to play as either KotOR.