Fractal R5 Setup suggestion

grimmjow660

Currently I have my Radiator setup in a push/pull config in the front of the case with 2 140 mm pushing air, and the 2 120mm pulling air., and 2 140mm fans on the bottom for intake. I have the top Moduvents closed and 1 rear 140mm exhaust.

The situation I am in, is the GPU is suffocating, it can get around 77c because all that hot air is being thrown right on the gpu.
What would you guys do? I was thinking about removing the 2 120mm fans on radiator and leaving the push fans on.
Or just moving the cooler to the top, but that means noise and more dust.

Edit: It's a Corsair H105.

post-103451-0-59526000-1423730424_thumb.

post-103451-0-59526000-1423730424_thumb.

Like @Shaqo_Wyn said.

That's pretty much the reality of it. Unless you have some other way to get cool air to the GPU, move the CPU Cooler.

Air preassure wise: have the filtered bottom and front fans as intake and the 2 top (on the rad, no need for push/pull)  and back one as exhaust.

Is it maybe an idea to reverse the push/pull on your radiator so that it is an exhaust rather then an intake? That way the hot air from the CPU would be out of the case...

Maybe turn the backfan around for positive airpressure then?

If this doesn't work, there is really nothing else you can do than moving the AIO to the top or getting an aircooler instead. (the last one would be the more quiet option)

Just leave it as is. The GPU is definitely not "suffocating" with 4 fans flowing air right at it. It is running at the same ~40-45 degrees over ambient that it would on a open test bench, but it's ambient is ~35 degrees instead of the ~25 of room temperature.

77 degrees is perfectly acceptable for a modern GPU. You're not thermal throttling, so I don't think 77 degrees on the GPU justifies the increase in noise and dust that would come from opening the moduvents. If you were in the 80s, different story.

Tagging @grimmjow660 to make sure he sees this.

Titan: Intel Core i7-5820K | ASUS X99-A | Crucial Ballistix Sport 4x4GB DDR4-2400 | ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 970 | OCZ Arc 100 2x256GB in RAID 0 | Seagate Barracuda 2x2TB in RAID 1

EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Fractal Design Define R5 Titanium Window | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | ASUS BW-12B1ST

I agree with RazrLeaf, those temps are not high enough to predictably affect longevity.  While a different airflow arrangement might make you temps look better, they would also come at exta hassle and probably more dust.

Yup, move the AIO to the top. That's what I did with my H110. This way you can use the front fans as intake. Keeps temps good enough and I'm crossfiring so you should be just fine.