What do you guys think about next-gen gaming?

DimasRMDO

For console user, they just relax. But what about PC users? What do you think about it? Is it great or just a problem because of the graphic (need great specs)?

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

I have a gtx 780. to play old videogames. do I care about graphics ? not really. they look good. but I don't mind them if they are horrible...

as long as there is no visual issues (ie AC:unity)  im fine with that

(`▼´) ψ

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

This is LTT, this thread will be a war.

Selling pitchforks and torches right here

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I want to Sli my 780 so I can run at great Quality!

Because he had a hard drive.

This is LTT, this thread will be a war.

Selling pitchforks and torches right here

im willing to pay with oxygen. take a breath and it will arive

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Something similar to the nervegear in SOA

Plox , i wanna be lazy

I have a gtx 780. to play old videogames. do I care about graphics ? not really. they look good. but I don't mind them if they are horrible...

as long as there is no visual issues (ie AC:unity)  im fine with that

Now this is what I'm looking for!

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

I'll have 10 

ΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨ

Doesn't bother me tbh. Games that look nice are great and all but I care more about gameplay, which, due to resources spent on graphics has been lacking in recent years imo. At least from big developers. Indies still delivery a decent amount of the time.

Gameplay FTW!

PC Specs

Indonesia

Australia 

For console user, they just relax. But what about PC users? What do you think about it? Is it great or just a problem because of the graphic (need great specs)?

There is no such thing as "next-gen" on PC. If you're referring to how Xbone/PS4 games have differed from previous ones when ported over, it's mostly a matter of VRAM awareness. There's finally some games that will use 3–4 GB at mainstream resolutions, but frankly the visual difference you get for it isn't knocking anyone's socks off. Graphics are incrementally better than they were last year, just as they were the year before that and the year before that.

It's not like either of the new consoles are setting a particularly high bar for our platform. And so many games are still appearing on "last gen" hardware as well, that even those effects are muted.

I like the overall rise in quality (actually I love it), but I guess you have to expect to have to pay for it. :0/

...if money's a problem, just don't go out and buy a Zonda to run a go-cart track. 

My current CPU is a pantechnicon that does a 100mph but all I'm moving is something that could be carried in a mini-van. I could get an i7, but if all I'm doing is gaming I'll probably never get it out of second gear :0/ 

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

Of course, gameplay is more important. That's not an excuse not to improve visual quality though. Holding back the entire industry because consoles have slow and outdated hardware is not acceptable, considering how long they waited before releasing this generation. I'm sure most of their customers would have gladly paid 100$ more upfront if they had dropped the yearly sub fee, especially those who got an xbox one for 500$. However I think for now we have found something to focus on that will not be affected by console restrictions: a massive resolution increase. In this case, if the visual quality settings don't improve as much it's not a huge deal because it means running a higher resolution is feasible even with affordable hardware. Hopefully, after the market normalizes on 4k, a new console generation will release at, say, a 600$ price point and be actually capable of 4k 60fps without compromising visual settings too much. The hardware exists already (a core i3 with an R9 290 wouldn't be much more than 600$ if more at all), with time it's only going to get less power hungry and faster for the money. I give these consoles another 3 years, by then something new ought to be well on the way if not released.

<rant>

What I find to be annoying though is when i see (some) console users fight over which console has the best graphics. Seriously? And when you point them in the general direction of a pc they go "oh well graphics don't matter, only gameplay does". Or when they try to convince you 792p 30fps is more cinematic. Accept that consoles are budget systems (maybe, since there is a yearly sub fee if you want to play online and the games are way more expensive) and if that's ok for you, fine, but don't look for excuses for your inferiority complex. You had a small budget, decided to spend it on a console, and if that was enough for you you should be satisfied without needing to justify your purchase by making up lies.

</rant>

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What I find to be annoying though is when i see (some) console users fight over which console has the best graphics. Seriously? And when you point them in the general direction of a pc they go "oh well graphics don't matter, only gameplay does"

@Sauron I hate this . "I dont care about graphics but my PS4 kicks your xbox ones ass."

And i come on Like" hmm guys PC is better than both anyways."

The response is "FREAKING ELITIST GAME PLAY IS ALL THAT MATTERS".

Thats just delusional .

Thats post purchase rationalization at its finest lol and denial.

Hopefully, after the market normalizes on 4k, a new console generation will release at, say, a 600$ price point and be actually capable of 4k 60fps without compromising visual settings too much.

Given how long it's taken them to get to 1080p and 60 FPS (spoiler: they still haven't for most games), I don't think we're going to see anything like that anytime soon. At least not anytime close to when 4K becomes a norm for PC.

Even if they are technically capable of putting out a console capable of 60 FPS at 4K in most games (or even 60 FPS at 1080p) there isn't a lot of market pressure to do so. Most of the console gaming media doesn't criticize games for having poor framerates, and most customers still do not demand it. These things sell by the millions with 30 FPS caps, and I think 4K at 30 FPS is more likely than 1080p at 60.

All I want is for game devs to TRY.

Make something new, something fresh, something that looks good, etc. I have a shitload of good ideas (or at least I think they are), but it seems like the Dev's just don't have any. Everything lately feels....unoriginal.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Yeno what i hate and i've heard it a lot more since "next gen" has arrived..."this game will be social" this game is a social experience" "the social part of the upcoming game will be what the game is focused on" social this social that....fuck off...games have been online since the 90's theyve ben social since the 90's stop using your shitty buzzwords.

Fuck look at drive club "the game will be a social experience and focused on that"

drive club releases and the multiplayer part is broke deeming your game useless as you never put any effort into the single player.

Glad i moved from ps4 back in june and left consoles behind to make my rig.

Seriously though all this social buzzword shit does my head in....

can i play single play? can i play online with friends....that's social enough to me.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

Given how long it's taken them to get to 1080p and 60 FPS (spoiler: they still haven't for most games), I don't think we're going to see anything like that anytime soon. At least not anytime close to when 4K becomes a norm for PC.

Even if they are technically capable of putting out a console capable of 60 FPS at 4K in most games (or even 60 FPS at 1080p) there isn't a lot of market pressure to do so. Most of the console gaming media doesn't criticize games for having poor framerates, and most customers still do not demand it. These things sell by the millions with 30 FPS caps, and I think 4K at 30 FPS is more likely than 1080p at 60.

One can hope ^^ and even sony themselves are pushing 4k on the consumer market, they are going to want to produce something that supports it well.

4k could be the norm already on pc actually, the problem is the availability of affordable monitors. As I said, a 600$ rig could power 4k at medium settings or more pretty well, and if a lot of people had a 4k tv, which could be reality in the next 4-5 years, that limit won't be there anymore either. it's just a matter of ms and sony to realize they should focus more on resolution and framerate than on anti-aliasingand other settings which don't affect the visual quality nearly as much as a high resolution.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Next Gen hasn't even really started yet.
Most of the games are still held back by the ps3 and xbox360.

RTX2070OC 

I wish people would stop pretending that current gen consoles are holding back PC. They are not. If there are secret deals going on behind close doors to gimp pc games then that's a different matter and you should blame the devs, or if they still need to support the prev gen... But technically the ps4 and xbox one are not holding back pc, not for now anyway. They have loads of memory to deal with high res textures and it's not difficult for devs to run the same thing at higher framerates and higher resolutions on pc, if additional graphical features are needed on pc they can be added too like HBAO. Now the xbox 360 and the ps3 in the 2nd half of their life was holding back pc for sure, and the exotic architecture of the ps3 causes porting headaches. The new consoles there is no technical reason devs can't scale nicely between them and pc, and many devs do. Also don't forget according to steam hardware survey the most popular PC GPU is Intel HD4000, LOL. On average pc games certainly look better than they did 3 years ago for sure. However consumer confidence has been damaged in 2014 by Ubisoft releasing as many as 3 games which were badly optimized and stuttered.

With regard to graphical progress we must accept that we will never again see the massive fast gains of the 90s to mid 2000s due to the law of diminishing returns

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/306057-half-life-2-benchmarks-make-me-feel-very-old/?fromsearch=1