Hey Corsair, where are the H110i GT review samples?!

I was totally expecting to be inundated with reviews of the new 280mm closed loop cooler by Corsair weeks ago, but I haven't heard anything since the product was announced. 

Does anyone know what gives? I'm really interested in the product, but refuse to by before I watch at least 20 YouTube reviews. 

Also I've been hearing more and more complaints about the Fractal Design Define R5 not being nearly as water cooling friendly as they had first stated. Does anyone know how well a 280mm rad and fans will fit at the top of the case? I am pretty much limited to that spot only. 

Up until now corsair aio water coolers were really good... I would honestly just get it..

I'm still waiting for Linus's review of the Raijintek Triton, and Thermaltake Core X9. as well

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Ya I was waiting for reviews too.

Corsair is not perfect but one thing I respect about them is that they closely monitor feedback and work hard to iterate and improve their products.

I actually ordered one just this past weekend, as everything else was out of stock. There are no reviews anywhere it seems, and I'll have to see how it performs myself.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Just buy the liqtech from enermax.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Also I've been hearing more and more complaints about the Fractal Design Define R5 not being nearly as water cooling friendly as they had first stated. Does anyone know how well a 280mm rad and fans will fit at the top of the case? I am pretty much limited to that spot only. 

The Define R5 can hold a ton of water cooling just fine. The H110i will fit in the top of the R5. The complaints of it not being water cooling friendly are probably based on the fact that when you open up the moduvents, you get a grill that's as wide as the case, which allows dust to just fall in. The vents are also awkwardly sized for users of 240mm radiators, and removing 2 of the 3 panels creates an opening that is both longer and wider than the radiator. The R5 also doesn't allow you to hand the 3-bay HDD from the top, which limits configurations utilizing 2 dual radiators and HDDs.

IMO the R5 is an ideal air cooling case, with expandability into a custom loop that uses a 140mm and a 280mm radiator. If you want to full ham with water cooling, go with their Arc series, or buy a Phanteks.

Titan: Intel Core i7-5820K | ASUS X99-A | Crucial Ballistix Sport 4x4GB DDR4-2400 | ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 970 | OCZ Arc 100 2x256GB in RAID 0 | Seagate Barracuda 2x2TB in RAID 1

EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Fractal Design Define R5 Titanium Window | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | ASUS BW-12B1ST

Linus Tech Tips  → News, Reviews, Articles and Guides  → Tech News and Reviews

You selectively stopped reading a bit too soon. The section is called "Tech New and Reviews". 

I am trying to figure out what went wrong that Linus and the other YouTube techildren have not yet received a review sample. Corsair is usually pretty great about getting their products in the hands of these guys before the product launch to create a buzz around the web. 

This is why I have posted this in the news section. 

I'm still waiting for Linus's review of the Raijintek Triton, and Thermaltake Core X9. as well

He said he wasn't going to shoot a review with AIO coolers anymore because of the very less views

I can understand that, but NO ONE has reviewed it. LOL

I wouldn't have felt it was necessary to chime in on a forum if only Linus didn't do a review on a new product yet there were multitudes of other YouTube techildren reviewing and saying much the same thing about said product.

Just buy the liqtech from enermax.

I like Enermax's products a lot, but I'm very vain. My build colors are black and silver/gray. The red accent on the Enermax radiator would get on my nerves. 

He said he wasn't going to shoot a review with AIO coolers anymore because of the very less views

I get that, but it's an expandable AIO, not just another normal one.

Either way, the thermaltake Core X9 needs a review lol

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I like Enermax's products a lot, but I'm very vain. My build colors are black and silver/gray. The red accent on the Enermax radiator would get on my nerves. 

duct tape ???

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

The Define R5 can hold a ton of water cooling just fine. The H110i will fit in the top of the R5. The complaints of it not being water cooling friendly are probably based on the fact that when you open up the moduvents, you get a grill that's as wide as the case, which allows dust to just fall in. The vents are also awkwardly sized for users of 240mm radiators, and removing 2 of the 3 panels creates an opening that is both longer and wider than the radiator. The R5 also doesn't allow you to hand the 3-bay HDD from the top, which limits configurations utilizing 2 dual radiators and HDDs.

IMO the R5 is an ideal air cooling case, with expandability into a custom loop that uses a 140mm and a 280mm radiator. If you want to full ham with water cooling, go with their Arc series, or buy a Phanteks.

The H110i will NOT fit in the top of the R5. The two 140mm fans are spaced apart from each other and there isn't enough clearance with the 140mm exhaust fan so I mounted it in the front but again because the fans are spaced apart the holes do not line up so you can only mount the rad with four screws. Now, my pump is making a loud rattle on Quiet Mode. I'm sending it back.

The H110i will NOT fit in the top of the R5. The two 140mm fans are spaced apart from each other and there isn't enough clearance with the 140mm exhaust fan so I mounted it in the front but again because the fans are spaced apart the holes do not line up so you can only mount the rad with four screws. Now, my pump is making a loud rattle on Quiet Mode. I'm sending it back.

Now you have me curious. Does the H110i not use standard spacing?

Edit: This is taken from Fractal's R5 Radiator Compatibility Chart. So if the fan spacing is between 15-20mm, and you take out the rear exhaust, it should fit, or there's something unique about the way the H110i and R5 interact that I (and Fractal) doesn't know.

Size(mm)  Compatible Fan Spacing  Thickness  Other

280           Yes                   15-20mm       55mm        Requires removal of fan in rear position.

https://support.fractal-design.com/support/articles/4000037485-define-r5-radiator-compatibility-chart

Titan: Intel Core i7-5820K | ASUS X99-A | Crucial Ballistix Sport 4x4GB DDR4-2400 | ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 970 | OCZ Arc 100 2x256GB in RAID 0 | Seagate Barracuda 2x2TB in RAID 1

EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Fractal Design Define R5 Titanium Window | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | ASUS BW-12B1ST

Linus Tech Tips  → News, Reviews, Articles and Guides  → Tech News and Reviews

You selectively stopped reading a bit too soon. The section is called "Tech New and Reviews". 

I am trying to figure out what went wrong that Linus and the other YouTube techildren have not yet received a review sample. Corsair is usually pretty great about getting their products in the hands of these guys before the product launch to create a buzz around the web. 

This is why I have posted this in the news section. 

Yes, the section is called "Tech News and Reviews", but it is for posting tech news and reviews from third parties websites/reviewers/youtubers/non-forum members, not for asking questions.

Btw, there are now 3 video reviews of H110i GT on youtube

Now you have me curious. Does the H110i not use standard spacing?

Edit: This is taken from Fractal's R5 Radiator Compatibility Chart. So if the fan spacing is between 15-20mm, and you take out the rear exhaust, it should fit, or there's something unique about the way the H110i and R5 interact that I (and Fractal) doesn't know.

Size(mm)  Compatible Fan Spacing  Thickness  Other

280           Yes                   15-20mm       55mm        Requires removal of fan in rear position.

https://support.fractal-design.com/support/articles/4000037485-define-r5-radiator-compatibility-chart

Yes, it will fit when you remove the fan, but there isn't enough clearance to remount the 140mm exhaust fan after mounting the rad and fans. You will have to buy a 120mm fan if you want exhaust.

Yes, it will fit when you remove the fan, but there isn't enough clearance to remount the 140mm exhaust fan after mounting the rad and fans. You will have to buy a 120mm fan if you want exhaust.

It did say on their website you HAVE TO remove the rear fan if you want any 280mm rad and it can only be screwed in with 4 or 6 screws not 8.

You can always buy a slimmer 140mm fan on the rear and 4 or 6 screws to hold the radiator is not really a big deal because Corsair has been doing this to their cases too.

If you are worried about it you can use washers to secure it on a different hole. But 4 screws is fine, just use a parallel zig zag pattern (top left hole to bottom right hole on the first half and the same on the second half)

But I have one question, I have a R5 and I wanted to get the H110i GT. Will it actually fit?

These are not my pictures btw

post-108821-0-65076600-1423608814.png

post-108821-0-05524900-1423608819.png

post-108821-0-65076600-1423608814.png

post-108821-0-05524900-1423608819.png

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

It did say on their website you HAVE TO remove the rear fan if you want any 280mm rad and it can only be screwed in with 4 or 6 screws not 8.

You can always buy a slimmer 140mm fan on the rear and 4 or 6 screws to hold the radiator is not really a big deal because Corsair has been doing this to their cases too.

If you are worried about it you can use washers to secure it on a different hole. But 4 screws is fine, just use a parallel zig zag pattern (top left hole to bottom right hole on the first half and the same on the second half)

But I have one question, I have a R5 and I wanted to get the H110i GT. Will it actually fit?

These are not my pictures btw

attachicon.gifdistancerad.png

attachicon.gifUntitled.png

There is a enough space. I am a noob and thought it meant I needed to remove it to install it and that I'd still be able to use the exhaust fan.   :D

Here's my setup while I'm waiting for a 120mm fan:

post-190171-0-91664800-1423610342_thumb.

post-190171-0-69779800-1423610537_thumb.

There is a enough space. I am a noob and thought it meant I needed to remove it to install it and that I'd still be able to use the exhaust fan.   :D

Here's my setup while I'm waiting for a 120mm fan:

Wait so you can still install a rear fan?

Awesome because I don't want to go with the 240mm version or use ugly slim 140mmx15mm rear fan. 

Also on your second picture you have some sort of cover on the right side, is that foam? Because I want to also block the excess holes between the motherboard and the top fans/rad.

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

Wait so you can still install a rear fan?

Awesome because I don't want to go with the 240mm version or use ugly slim 140mmx15mm rear fan. 

Also on your second picture you have some sort of cover on the right side, is that foam? Because I want to also block the excess holes between the motherboard and the top fans/rad.

If I measured correctly a 120mm fan will fit. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

It's black electrical tape, lol. I'm looking for some other material to replace it in the meantime. It does look clean and can't tell. Also, using 2x Silverstone magnetic fan filters.

If I measured correctly a 120mm fan will fit. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

It's black electrical tape, lol. I'm looking for some other material to replace it in the meantime. It does look clean and can't tell that its tape. Also, using 2x Silverstone magnetic fan filters.

Very nice, it looks very sleek with the tape, but a foamy sound dampener would make it even more quieter.

Looking forward to seeing the result tomorrow.

Just one more silly question, Is there enough space for a slim 140mmx15mm fan between the rear-fan mount and the radiator and how much RAM height clearance is there?

Very nice, it looks very sleek with the tape, but a foamy sound dampener would make it even more quieter.

Looking forward to seeing the result tomorrow.

Just one more silly question, Is there enough space for a slim 140mmx15mm fan between the rear-fan mount and the radiator and how much RAM height clearance is there?

6mm clearance from the side edge of the ram stick to the bottom of the rad so tall ram is fine. For the exhaust fan its 12mm from the edge of the rad to the back. If you mount rad first with fans below it you'll have 23mm clearance.