Subaru WRX STI

RevoltTrain

@Aniallation has the WRX Wagon its the GC chassis

you can ask him for views ;)

I perfer the 2004 STi too

I perfer the GC8V, GDB-C Type RA, GDB-F S204 version

but I really hate the GRB hatchback version

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

@Aniallation has the WRX Wagon its the GC chassis

you can ask him for views ;)

It's still in the garage :P I likely won't have time to work on it until summer.

"Rawr XD"

I'm gonna be buying a Subaru WRX STI later this year. (Yeah, decided taking out some money from the bank to do it) But I'm having problems deciding what model to go with, I've narrowed it down to two different years. I need your help deciding as I love both models the same:

Pretty much what the others said.

Pre-2008 STI's are better if you actually drive your cars. However the newer models are much better as daily drivers.

"Rawr XD"

My dad has the 2012 WRX and I really like it, it has enough power and for a car with such an older engine it's fuel economy is pretty good, around 10L-11L per 100kms. It's worth it over the older one IMO.

You could also take a look at the Legacy GT, a bit more grown up. I know that's what I'm getting for my first car :)

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

I personally think hawkeye looks the best but out of these 2 id probs go with the hatch. I use to love Blobeyes over anything but no i don't really care for them. If you can afford it you should get a evo 10 they are known to make 900hp.

Definitely 2004. I personally like the look of the blobeyed Subies over the new ones. And plus, I honestly think the sound is better, but probably cause there's better exhaust on it.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1st gen/Hawkeye or GTFO

qIU8g1y.png

IxMy4tb.png

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

1st gen/Hawkeye or GTFO

Blobeyes looked better.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Why even buy the STI or even finance it, if you want to buy it buy a salvage one as STIs are not that rare, expensive engine compared to 4G63, and beat to hell dropped on its ass most of its wear components are ready to fail.