Is this a good pc to run 1080p games and upcoming ones?

TiCKLZ

Hi guys,

I'm going to build a pc  around 750/800€ and I would like to know your thoughts.

Here are the specs:

NOX NX200

ASRock B85 Killer

Intel Core i5 4690

NOX Hummer H-100

G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4GB DDR3

Seagate 1TB

Ps:jet 500W

MSI R9 290 TwinFrozr OC

Will this be a good 'budget' machine?

Would you change anything? If so, why?

Let me know what you think, thank you :)

post-188564-0-93183400-1423084395.png

post-188564-0-93183400-1423084395.png

All I have to say is use www.pcpartpicker.com

And yes. Should be suffice for a few years.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Definitely. Should last you for a while.

“Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes. working jobs we hate, so we can buy shit we dont need.”- Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

"Oh, beauty is a beguiling call to death and I'm addicted to the sweet pitch of its siren."- Johnny Quid

"Without our imaginations, we'd be like all those other poor... dullards."- Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Ps:jet 500W

MSI R9 290 TwinFrozr OC

Do not run a generic 500W with an R9 290.

"Rawr XD"

Intel Core i5 4690

Why not the 4690K? You might not want to overclock right now but in the future you might regret not getting it.

Don't forget to Like the things you like!

It will play 1080P and upcoming games but as with all hardware there is always a limit to how hard you can push things before the FPS dropps below 60.

So many responses, thanks guys :D

In response to the CPU question, I guess I'm getting the 4690 cause i don't think i'm going to overclock in the future.

And the PSU, I put that one cause it is a little cheaper but I'm also looking at the NOX Urano SX500, do anyone has good experiences with this one? Will it last?

Get a premium PSU

“I'm telling you, people. Everyday we wake up is another blessing. Follow your dreams and don't let anyone stop you. Never say never.” ― Justin Bieber

cx 600w psu and hyper 212 evo cooler pliz.

why 600w? I think 500 its more than enough... 

I would like that cooler but my budget doesn't allow that :c

AMD Recommends at least 600w for a 290 

Also Dat PSU has fir hazards :)

9590|EK-Copper|Sabertooth 990FXR2.0|16GB RIPJAWS Z|Dual MSI Gaming 290|Corsiar AX1200i|Corsair 760T|3TB Seagate+Dual 120GB Samsung 850EVO in Raid 0

LTT'S Official Radeon Master Race Club Founder-Predicts TitanX2 (Prediction Date: 3-30-15)

XFX Needs To Make A 3 Fan Cooler 

cx 600w psu and hyper 212 evo cooler pliz.

No need for an aftermarket cooler on intel chips if they aren't going to overclock (which this cpu can't). But can't agree more with changing the PSU, definitely go with a good make and model.

Yes, it's very good. I have to warn you though, there's no such thing as future proof. Your build seems pretty balanced to me, but if you're ever tempted to spend more than you need to hoping it will "last longer", don't do it. Getting what you need and upgrading later is always the best choice.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

No need for an aftermarket cooler on intel chips if they aren't going to overclock (which this cpu can't). But can't agree more with changing the PSU, definitely go with a good make and model.

That's only half true: not many people know this, but even "locked" cpus actually have a little headroom in the multiplier. z-series chipsets allow to raise the multiplier up to the maximum even in non-k cpus. For starters, every cpu that has turbo boost has the potential to run with all cores at the turbo multiplier. Most cpus also allow to raise it a bit more. My core i7 2600, for example, can reach a multiplier of 42 from the base of 34. You won't get 6Ghz out of them, but investing in a cheap aftermarket cooler can make sense.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

That's only half true: not many people know this, but even "locked" cpus actually have a little headroom in the multiplier. z-series chipsets allow to raise the multiplier up to the maximum even in non-k cpus. For starters, every cpu that has turbo boost has the potential to run with all cores at the turbo multiplier. Most cpus also allow to raise it a bit more. My core i7 2600, for example, can reach a multiplier of 42 from the base of 34. You won't get 6Ghz out of them, but investing in a cheap aftermarket cooler can make sense.

Sure but if the user doesn't have any interest in overclocking (which why would you with the i5-4690k) and doesnt find it worth it to spend the extra money on the K series then might as well run stock. Nothing wrong with running stock. I agree it can make sense depending on the user however.

I just think that a cheap cooler can make the cpu run smoother and a little less hotter than usual even if you're not thinking of overclocking it

Yes, it's very good. I have to warn you though, there's no such thing as future proof. Your build seems pretty balanced to me, but if you're ever tempted to spend more than you need to hoping it will "last longer", don't do it. Getting what you need and upgrading later is always the best choice.

That's what I want to do, keep upgrading the machine :D

why 600w? I think 500 its more than enough... 

I would like that cooler but my budget doesn't allow that :c

It's not about the power output, it's that the CX PSU won't catch fire and this generic one will

I just think that a cheap cooler can make the cpu run smoother and a little less hotter than usual even if you're not thinking of overclocking it

I've seen my i5 4440 start throttling at full load with the ambient temperature at 27oC with the stock cooler. Getting an aftermarket cooler isn't a bad idea, and computer components run more efficiently at lower temperatures, so if you have the budget, buy one.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I've seen my i5 4440 start throttling at full load with the ambient temperature at 27oC with the stock cooler. Getting an aftermarket cooler isn't a bad idea, and computer components run more efficiently at lower temperatures, so if you have the budget, buy one.

Yup.

Sure but the maximum temperature allowable on the new intel processors coupled with how cool they run because of new optimizations means that even in a fairly high ambient temperature, you still won't get within 10-15 degrees celsius of the max under normal use.