Need a new headphone amp

That Norwegian Guy

Requirements: Full sized jack input and output.

Would like to hear suggestions.

Edit: It must also be wider and deeper dimensions-wise than my AKAI EIE Pro as I need to stack them with the hpamp on the bottom.

lol I can't find the dimensions of the thing, use guesstimation based on this picture then:

akai-eie-pro-630-80.jpg

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Hard to suggest a product based on your dimension restriction. xD
Though many high quality headphone amps have vents on their top side that need to have access to fresh air. Are you sure you want to put your EIE on top of one?

EDIT: Couldn't you just measure the EIE if you own it? Or verify that the measurements in this review are accurate?

Titan: Intel Core i7-5820K | ASUS X99-A | Crucial Ballistix Sport 4x4GB DDR4-2400 | ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 970 | OCZ Arc 100 2x256GB in RAID 0 | Seagate Barracuda 2x2TB in RAID 1

EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Fractal Design Define R5 Titanium Window | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | ASUS BW-12B1ST

Disgusting.

I JUST WANT TO BLOW THE DRIVER OUT OF MY AUDEZE, WHY DO YOU HAVE TO OPPRESS ME, MUH PEELZ

Just thought of something:

IMG_8864_zps723cf9cf.jpg

Let's just say that bookshelf speaker is the size of that AKAI (the speaker is most probably bigger tho), and that CMOY amp is around the size of E10/E10k. Just put it on top, done, no hassles.

Or, if the AKAI must be definitely undisputably put on top, then just:

IMG_8866_zps13a0d154.jpg

Just put something underneath it, and it's done. Fire and forget, or in this case, set them up and forget...

The reason I wouldn't want the amp on top is that it'll be light, meanwhile my cable is heavy and is going to drag it around. (It's on top of my computer case so gravity is working against it)

I didn't measure it because I was at work @RazrLeaf but now that I'm home I realize I have nothing to measure it with anyway lmao.

Those measurements seem accurate though. Lifting it, the weight is most definitely accurate too.

I'm not worried about cooling as the EIE has standoff legs that produces a gap. Also its body is aluminium. And it's standing on top of my computer case (BitFenix  Prodigy) which has airflow going around that exact spot.

I guess this is a tall order. I don't NEED it, it's just that the EIE is a smidge too low for my tastes with my AKG HSC 171s. But it's literally a matter of a db or slightly more.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Schiit magni has a steel case and so might have enough weight to avoid getting dragged around.

Schiit magni has a steel case and so might have enough weight to avoid getting dragged around.

Or...you know...velcro...

Its I/O is not for me though. Need full size jack in both ends, converters aren't an option because the added stiffness makes for one hell of a strain due to the weight and the angle of the cable.

Or...you know...velcro...

Excellent idea, completely forgot that material existed.

Its I/O is not for me though. Need full size jack in both ends, converters aren't an option because the added stiffness makes for one hell of a strain due to the weight and the angle of the cable.

What the hell is your cable made of, osmium? In any case, the Magni has a full-sized jack.

What the hell is your cable made of, osmium? In any case, the Magni has a full-sized jack.

Huh really? Looked like minijack to me (3.5mm)

I guess that's a big pen in that scale picture :P

Great, now I've convinced someone to buy a Schiit.

Haha, I guess you're not a fan.

Anyway to answer your previous question:

kkb.jpg

It's not made of osmium, but the inputs have to hold the entire weight of the cable like this. Though I guess the XLR for the mic is going to bear the most of the brunt. Still feels iffy to me.

You could get something that is portable like that new Mayflower one and have it under your monitor instead. Just run a longer cable. It'll be easier to plug in headphones anyway.