Does the Nvidia Controller seriously only work on GTX class cards?

My xbox 360 controller is pretty much destroyed from about 5 years of use. So I plugged in my Nvidia controller, Windows installed a nvidia controller 1.03v driver. The track pad only goes down and to the right, the controller isn't in "usb game controllers", and its in device manager labeled "HID compliant game controller". Counter Strike GO doesn't detect it either, its not the game I want to play, but from past experiences I know it works with the xbox 360 controller.

Geforce experience is installed and looks like it is doing nothing, but it does work.

Now I using my laptop to play older games cause its easier to setup on a tv. It has a geforce 740m GT <- non-GTX. Plus i don't need my desktop to pump out 200 fps on a 7 year old game, which wasn't that demanding at the time either.

Im aware of the fucktardery around this controller, eg. not working on non-nvidia pc's, what bloody sense would it make if it only works on gtx cards?

Java tuts:

Constructors, possibly more to come.

221 Goodbye.

I believe NVIDIA stated that at first it would come as a driver through GFE, and later on it would be compatible with any system when they figured out how to distribute the driver.

I believe NVIDIA stated that at first it would come as a driver through GFE, and later on it would be compatible with any system when they figured out how to distribute the driver.

Its out already. Plus why hell is it a scientific phenomenon for nvidia to figure out how to distribute a freakin driver? They literally have a website dedicated to this stuff. 

Java tuts:

221 Goodbye.

Apparently to enable playing on a PC with that controller, you need a firmware update.

It is recommended that you plug in and update each controller one at a time prior to launching a game.

Basically means controller firmware update.

When not in an XInput supported game, for example when on the Windows desktop, only the track pad and track pad button are functional.

^ Is this what you're experiencing?

Apparently to enable playing on a PC with that controller, you need a firmware update.

Basically means controller firmware update.

^ Is this what you're experiencing?

I have restart my laptop, replugged the controller a few times, and tried the following titles:

CSGO (XInput compatible)

GRID 2 (also XInput compatible)

Batman Arkam city (XInput com.)

Dirt 2 (Xinput)

Fable 1 (not XInput com.)

They all don't detect the controller. The 360 controller works on all but Fable.

Java tuts:

221 Goodbye.

I have restart my laptop, replugged the controller a few times, and tried the following titles:

CSGO (XInput compatible)

GRID 2 (also XInput compatible)

Batman Arkam city (XInput com.)

Dirt 2 (Xinput)

Fable 1 (not XInput com.)

They all don't detect the controller. The 360 controller works on all but Fable.

Try the Windows game controllers panel. Search for "game controllers" in the control panel and check if all the buttons work.

http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience/system-requirements

Here's a list of the supported graphic cards, 7XXm cards doesn't seem to be supported.

Mind telling how you got it? Is there any good reason to get it over a standard controller?

ApLCwQk.png

Where does it say that the 700m series isn't supported? It looks to be supported to me.

http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience/system-requirements

Here's a list of the supported graphic cards, 7XXm cards doesn't seem to be supported.

Mind telling how you got it? Is there any good reason to get it over a standard controller?

i have the shield tablet. It has potential for being an excellent controller with the trackpad on it.

Java tuts:

221 Goodbye.

Try the Windows game controllers panel. Search for "game controllers" in the control panel and check if all the buttons work.

That was one of the first things I tried. Its not there, thanks anyways

Java tuts:

221 Goodbye.

ApLCwQk.png

Where does it say that the 700m series isn't supported? It looks to be supported to me.

only GTX series cards are supported. mines a GT.

Java tuts:

221 Goodbye.

i have the shield tablet. It has potential for being an excellent controller with the trackpad on it.

Ah, that makes sense.

I have the habit of thinking that no one buys those kind of things.

I'm telling the truth! I AM a 12 year old girl!