Corsair AX860i

avahdon

hi will AX860i can support my upcoming build?

maximus vi formula

Vengeance 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Kit

Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell

2x GTX 780

Intel 520 Series Cherryville 240GB SSD

Western Digital WD Black 2TB HDD

PUMP

CD-ROM

10 fans

and i will use Corsair Link Cooling and Lighting Kit for my fan controls, so my question is should i get the i series or just the normal ax860? thx

The 860 should do fine

EDIT: Ninja-ed

RAWR signature became a bunch of HTML codes

Pump? Does that mean you are watercooling ? And if you want to monitor your PSU with the link system then yeah, if not then save you money

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

It should be able to run just fine ^^

Ps. nice choise when it came to the PSU i have the same one xD

Unless your bothered about monitoring your psu, just get the regular AX860, it's still got an 80+ Platinum rating. 

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

There have been lots of reports of coil whine with the AX860, so I'd be wary.

The AX860i is only $9 more on Amazon, and since you've got a bunch of Corsair Link stuff anyway, you might as well go for it...

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

thx for all the reply. ill get ax860i

If you were looking into buying the Corsair Sleeving Kits, the AX860 is kit is actually a lot cheaper than the AX860i, because it is older.  The 860i one doesn't come with the 24pin either.

If you were looking into buying the Corsair Sleeving Kits, the AX860 is kit is actually a lot cheaper than the AX860i, because it is older.  The 860i one doesn't come with the 24pin either.

???

The AX860 and AX860i use the same cable sleeving kit.  They use different 24-pins, but both are the same price.

The older AX Gold Series PSUs (AX1200, AX850, AX750) have a different cable kit.  Maybe that's what you're thinking of?

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

???

The AX860 and AX860i use the same cable sleeving kit.  They use different 24-pins, but both are the same price.

The older AX Gold Series PSUs (AX1200, AX850, AX750) have a different cable kit.  Maybe that's what you're thinking of?

Yes this. Sorry. My bad.

Yup, you will be perfectly fine with the AX860i. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

I just bought the AX860 over the 860i mostly because I will never use the software to monitor my Power Supply. The Corsair reps on the Corsair forums have said that the coil whine has been resolved with the latest batch. I'll know for sure once I get my z87 parts. From what I have seen, both versions have had reports of coil whine.

However OP, like the others have said, the 860 will have plenty of power. Also the Sleeved kits are really nice. Just make sure you get the correct 24pin if you buy the i version. Maybe wait for a sale on the sleeves if you can. I saved 30 percent a few months back on a 24pin+full cable set. 

Asus Gryphon w/Thermal Armor / Intel i5 4670K / Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB / Asus ROG Matrix 7970 Platinum / Samsung 830 / Seagate Barracuda

Corsair AX860 / Corsiar 350D / Corsair H100i / Windows 8 Pro

I just bought the AX860 over the 860i mostly because I will never use the software to monitor my Power Supply. The Corsair reps on the Corsair forums have said that the coil whine has been resolved with the latest batch. I'll know for sure once I get my z87 parts. From what I have seen, both versions have had reports of coil whine.

However OP, like the others have said, the 860 will have plenty of power. Also the Sleeved kits are really nice. Just make sure you get the correct 24pin if you buy the i version. Maybe wait for a sale on the sleeves if you can. I saved 30 percent a few months back on a 24pin+full cable set.

Do you have a link to the Corsair rep? I was scared off from buying it due to that issue.

Are you referring to the sleeves sold on Corsair's site? If so, do they go on sale often?