i require web developers!

jameshumphries47

Well I can't argue with an acronym.

Nor can I, Secure Sockets Layer.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I would love to help but I don't have much experience I am in training right now T-T. 

If anyone can teach me I would be super grateful.

As a web developer, software developer and system administrator with 10+ years experience I will tell you right now why this is not going to work for you.
1. I work for 40$/h, and if you are looking for someone who's good and sirius to work with you, you need to pay him at least 15-20$/h. And to make website as YouTube you need lot of hours. (Just for custom HTML5 player, just think about that)
2. You need about ~30TB for start. Every video today is ~100mb, even a single music spot video with 700p+.
3. Just for begging you need about 5 server, to make everything run as you expect.
4. You need need some server application (3-p app/custom code) on server to convert video in few resolutions and quality. And to do that fast you need strong, rly strong servers. (Even YouTube need 5-10 min for things like this)
5. One good (not even strong server with 1TB) costs about ~1000$, you can find them cheaper, but that is one really serious thing if you think about downtimes, etc.. (I don't even want to talk about bandwidth, which is not that important on some blog, but on video stream...)

So that mean you need at least 3-4 guys just for website code, 1 of them for system administration, and few other guys to check reported videos and work with legal things etc..
When you do math you need lot of money for something like this, so don't even try. (Because we all you YouTube)

Yes, these kids seem over ambitious, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Do they need a powerful server right now for their website? No. The only time that would ever be relevant is if their website took off. Are they going to replace YouTube? I doubt it, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't make it. I got my start working on World of Warcraft emulation engines when I was their age. The knowledge I gained then set me on the path to be the programmer I am today.

They put their age requirement at 13, they appear to be looking for some young developers like themselves to start on a fun learning experience. The kid who made this post is just trying to manage this project as best he can, if he's sounding over ambitious like hes going to launch this for profit someday, hes just trying to be professional. There is nothing wrong with that. 

5 servers to get this thing off the ground? You have no idea what you're talking about. They aren't going to have the demand that YouTube has off the start, if ever. In what world would they need 5 servers to start this project? And in what world should you not do something because someone else is already doing it? The best way to learn and get better at something is to surround yourself with people who are better at it, and in the programming world that can equate to just building something that someone else has already accomplished. 

Also, for someone with 10 years of experience, your numbers seem off. I just recently built a home server just by shopping around for good deals online (Newegg) and in my local MicroCenter. I was able to build a dual Xeon (E5-2609, cooled with 2x Corsair H55's) in a clearance S2600CP2 Intel Board, 24GB Crucial ECC RAM, 2x 128GB 850 Pro SSD's, and an HX850i PSU (+Case and fans). All for around $1500, I could have easily downgraded a few components, and went with two WD Reds instead of 850 Pros to make this a $1000 6TB web server, that would still be sporting some powerful specs. Saying $1000 for a tiny server is just showing you've lost the ability to get the best bang for you buck. All of those components, save the PSU (which is honestly more stable than server PSUs in the same price range) are server grade components, its not like I skimped on reliability to build cheap. 

But he's not asking for help, he's asking for people to do it for him.

What, when on earth was that mentioned? i just wanted someone from a similar age group to help and so i can make friends and socialize.

"there will be no monetary perks in development stages!"

He wants to hire people but doesn't want to pay them. QED.

reason i put that is so people dont join then demand money and so on, that could get dodgey really quickly.

I don't see that at all.

least somone can read.

Yes, these kids seem over ambitious, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Do they need a powerful server right now for their website? No. The only time that would ever be relevant is if their website took off. Are they going to replace YouTube? I doubt it, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't make it. I got my start working on World of Warcraft emulation engines when I was their age. The knowledge I gained then set me on the path to be the programmer I am today.

They put their age requirement at 13, they appear to be looking for some young developers like themselves to start on a fun learning experience. The kid who made this post is just trying to manage this project as best he can, if he's sounding over ambitious like hes going to launch this for profit someday, hes just trying to be professional. There is nothing wrong with that. 

5 servers to get this thing off the ground? You have no idea what you're talking about. They aren't going to have the demand that YouTube has off the start, if ever. In what world would they need 5 servers to start this project? And in what world should you not do something because someone else is already doing it? The best way to learn and get better at something is to surround yourself with people who are better at it, and in the programming world that can equate to just building something that someone else has already accomplished. 

Also, for someone with 10 years of experience, your numbers seem off. I just recently built a home server just by shopping around for good deals online (Newegg) and in my local MicroCenter. I was able to build a dual Xeon (E5-2609, cooled with 2x Corsair H55's) in a clearance S2600CP2 Intel Board, 24GB Crucial ECC RAM, 2x 128GB 850 Pro SSD's, and an HX850i PSU (+Case and fans). All for around $1500, I could have easily downgraded a few components, and went with two WD Reds instead of 850 Pros to make this a $1000 6TB web server, that would still be sporting some powerful specs. Saying $1000 for a tiny server is just showing you've lost the ability to get the best bang for you buck. All of those components, save the PSU (which is honestly more stable than server PSUs in the same price range) are server grade components, its not like I skimped on reliability to build cheap. 

thanks dude, you have to be ambitious to get somewhere in life!

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

As a web developer, software developer and system administrator with 10+ years experience I will tell you right now why this is not going to work for you.
1. I work for 40$/h, and if you are looking for someone who's good and sirius to work with you, you need to pay him at least 15-20$/h. And to make website as YouTube you need lot of hours. (Just for custom HTML5 player, just think about that)
2. You need about ~30TB for start. Every video today is ~100mb, even a single music spot video with 700p+.
3. Just for begging you need about 5 server, to make everything run as you expect.
4. You need need some server application (3-p app/custom code) on server to convert video in few resolutions and quality. And to do that fast you need strong, rly strong servers. (Even YouTube need 5-10 min for things like this)
5. One good (not even strong server with 1TB) costs about ~1000$, you can find them cheaper, but that is one really serious thing if you think about downtimes, etc.. (I don't even want to talk about bandwidth, which is not that important on some blog, but on video stream...)

So that mean you need at least 3-4 guys just for website code, 1 of them for system administration, and few other guys to check reported videos and work with legal things etc..
When you do math you need lot of money for something like this, so don't even try. (Because we all you YouTube)

no offence mate but your numbers seem well of for reality, also i didnt want skilled developers i wanted someone with similar knowledge and age to me! hence (be older the 13!). im not stupid i know im never going to compete with youtube. why on earth would i need 30TB why its in development, god only knows! and you saying a strong server has less downtime, thats aload of crap because i ran a 9 year old server for 18 months heavy load running a forum getting 2k+ people and had down time once, due to moving the server!!

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

@linusforsell

One of the best web devs I've ever seen

Someone else who can't read, apparently.

Someone else who can't read, apparently.

Congrats on 3k posts :D

It seems impossible until it's done.

@linusforsell

One of the best web devs I've ever seen

yes but he has more important things to do than help me.

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

reason i put that is so people dont join then demand money and so on, that could get dodgey really quickly.

Anyone who is skilled enough to get a job doing it will demand money.

If you want any of this done, you're going to have to do it yourself.

It's not that hard to make a website (if you use a ton of code libraries)... just make sure you don't do anything dumb that leaves yourself open to SQL injection.

@jameshumphries47

I would suggest looking into Twitter Bootstrap for overall UI, it's an awesome front-end library, and has saved me a ton of time in the past. You can customize the library on the website before you download it, there are even SASS options (although it doesn't sound like you'll need that option). 

If you are more interested in back end web development than the front in design, you can also head over to https://wrapbootstrap.com/ for cheap templates (~$10) if you have your own money (I know I was working at your age, don't know your current situation). Or you can just google "Free Bootstrap Themes" and will get a ton of results. I've used them for quite a few small projects for friends to turn out a quick front end so I had more time to focus on the back end development. 

Anyone who is skilled enough to get a job doing it will demand money.

If you want any of this done, you're going to have to do it yourself.

It's not that hard to make a website (if you use a ton of code libraries)... just make sure you don't do anything dumb that leaves yourself open to SQL injection.

@jameshumphries47

I would suggest looking into Twitter Bootstrap for overall UI, it's an awesome front-end library, and has saved me a ton of time in the past. You can customize the library on the website before you download it, there are even SASS options (although it doesn't sound like you'll need that option). 

If you are more interested in back end web development than the front in design, you can also head over to https://wrapbootstrap.com/ for cheap templates (~$10) if you have your own money (I know I was working at your age, don't know your current situation). Or you can just google "Free Bootstrap Themes" and will get a ton of results. I've used them for quite a few small projects for friends to turn out a quick front end so I had more time to focus on the back end development. 

thank you for your advice i would rather not use free templates or library. im an extremely confident developer and quite happy codeing it in general.

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

thank you for your advice i would rather not use free templates or library. im an extremely confident developer and quite happy codeing it in general.

Don't get the impression that using a library make you less of a developer. I work for an enormous company with over 30 financial web applications. We use TONS of library's. jQuery is an industry standard, if you don't know jQuery people are going to be turned off. Bootstrap isn't quite that level, but I've hired a few people that told me they had experience with it and it just showed me that they are out their actively learning new things.

Also, using Free Templates is one of the best ways to better yourself when it comes to front end design. I used to just download them to deconstruct and learn how they were made. Because again, the best way to get good at anything is to do it with people who are better than you :P

Unless you're gonna write in something like C/C++, you have to use code/template libraries.... and even then, trying to write networking algorithms requires a lot of specialized knowledge that most programmers don't have.

Also, if you want encryption on your website, do not write your own encryption algorithm. That's just a bad idea.

Is there any form of documents to look at? design brief/use case ect or you just winging it?

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

Is there any form of documents to look at? design brief/use case ect or you just winging it?

we know what we want to make we have 1 google doc of todo lists thats all we are just winging it. im the best at it :P 

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}