i require web developers!

jameshumphries47

okay guys im on my personal little project at the moment.. me and a friend are creating a website similar to youtube!! and its slowly taking shape!! (believe it or not we are in early teens!!!(13,14)) we have a nice start on it. but need more man power!! have a look around. http://www.spartan-gaming.com/video/video.php

realistically we need someone who reaches the following criteria, but its not a huge deal:

• at least 13 years of age.
  • have access to some form of communication with the team, such as hangouts or skype.
  • have knowledge of phpmyadmin and MYSQL
  • know HTML, PHP, CSS and Javascript to a decent degree.
  • and be commited

if you generally interested PM me and we can sort something out!! there will be no monetary perks in development stages!

PM me if you like the idea of helping us.

~James

P.s there will be a development forum going up in the next hour, if you like sign up and see progress

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

Not sure if troll with the 404 link...

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Not sure if troll with the 404 link...

404 link? hang on a sec mate i am genuinely not a troll, but i am uploading files to the server but we have lots of power and bandwidth,FIXED

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

dude, you realize nobody with a serious set of skills will do this for free, right? Actual web developers need to make a living off of what they do. If you want a full-featured site with all the functions and complexity of youtube, you'll need more than a teenage hobby-web developer with a few hours of free time. Nevertheless, good luck with your site.

-snip-

no not competing at all, just something i want to do.... but to be quite honest everyone tells you "you cant do it" or "be real" but do you think bill gates, Steve jobs and Wozniak didn't get told this... Everyone gets told this but someone has to make time to do something that they want to do. comparing my website to a diseases that kills millions of people is just... well not offensive to me but is still extremely rude.  i assume you mean hire, and no i just wanted too see if anyone wanted to help me or give a project some steam. Sorry but i assume you don't have any data center or hosting experience, with industrial servers.. whereas i have i know what im doing mate! and hundreds of thousands of dollars. well sure if your website has enough visters to warrant that payment. but hey while in development i dont need racks and rooms full of high end dells with dual core and 256 gb's of ECC ram with 30TB in. im just happy hosting how i am.

by your final line "lol" i guess your find a 14 year old trying to something in his spare time for enjoyment is funny... well thats good for you because it seems that you have such an important life you can laugh at that fact that a 14 year old being creative, is just depressing for everyone. 

hope you have a good day.

~James(a happy 14 year old)

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

dude, you realize nobody with a serious set of skills will do this for free, right? Actual web developers need to make a living off of what they do. If you want a full-featured site with all the functions and complexity of youtube, you'll need more than a teenage hobby-web developer with a few hours of free time. Nevertheless, good luck with your site.

yeah i do realize that but, i tried my luck.. and yeah i know. and thank you... all the best!

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

@

I don't know how to react to that post.

Firstly, you need to grow the fuck up. At no point in that post that he wants to try and compete with YouTube, or any other video sharing company for that matter.

Additionally, the layout for the site may only be temporary.

Furthmore, this project woudln't need to cost 'hudreds of thousands of dollars'... It could cost however much you want it to cost! ( Nothing! )

Assuming that your profile age is correct, then I seriously suggest that you grow up. You are on a civilised forum here, so keep it that way.

At no point did you need to call the website layout "aids"...

Grow up before you get banned.

- Harry

It seems impossible until it's done.

@ReeceL

Firstly, you need to grow the fuck up. At no point in that post that he wants to try and compete with YouTube, or any other video sharing company for that matter.

Furthmore, this project woudln't need to cost 'hudreds of thousands of dollars'... It could cost however much you want it to cost! ( Nothing! )

Assuming that your profile age is correct, then I seriously suggest that you grow up. You are on a civilised forum here, so keep it that way.

- Harry

thanks dude. Some people just get so annoyed and try and put people down, i have had it all my life. but you take it like a grain of salt. it means nothing at the end of the day some people have to be outgoing... otherwise we would never advance 

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

yeah i do realize that but, i tried my luck.. and yeah i know. and thank you... all the best!

Don't get me wrong, you should definitely keep going. Just don't set unrealistic goals, you'll only be disappointed. Try to shape the site into something original, something that doesn't already have a huge market for it. Work on it slowly as you keep getting better and take your time. Even if you don't end up having success with it, you'll still have aquired a valuable set of skills and you'll be able to make a career out of it later. Who knows, one day you might land a big hit and become rich, who knows. The key to big success is always an original idea.

thanks dude. Some people just get so annoyed and try and put people down, i have had it all my life. but you take it like a grain of salt. it means nothing at the end of the day some people have to be outgoing... otherwise we would never advance 

Hello James,

Firstly, no problem mate!

There is some right idiots out there, don't let them get you down.

I assume the kid who posted that comment is just some idiot that is jelous of you and your friend.

Id like to assist you in your development, if that's okay.

If you would like to add me on Skype, then my name is ' Harry.Hamilton. ' ( It's on my profile )

- Harry

( P.S - I updated the post that you quoted )

It seems impossible until it's done.

@

- Harry

ahh yes its extremely tempory!!

Don't get me wrong, you should definitely keep going. Just don't set unrealistic goals, you'll only be disappointed. Try to shape the site into something original, something that doesn't already have a huge market for it. Work on it slowly as you keep getting better and take your time. Even if you don't end up having success with it, you'll still have aquired a valuable set of skills and you'll be able to make a career out of it later. Who knows, one day you might land a big hit and become rich, who knows. The key to big success is always an original idea.

yeah dude i know i have no goal at all for this... what happens happens and either way its going to sharpen my skills and my plan is to make a career from it!!

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

yeah dude i know i have no goal at all for this... what happens happens and either way its going to sharpen my skills and my plan is to make a career from it!!

That's exactly the right attitude. Just keep working on it and keep putting thought into it. All of the big ones like google, youtube and facebook came from an original idea. One day you might just have one of those brilliant ideas and then who knows, you could become a millionaire overnight. And if you don't, who cares. You can make a great career as a skilled web developer. Just keep at it  ;)

Are you using version control? Because if you are going to be having multiple people from across the web collaborating on a project you will want it and need it.

Are you using version control? Because if you are going to be having multiple people from across the web collaborating on a project you will want it and need it.

what is version controll, is it similar to github

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

what is version controll, is it similar to github

The version control tool Git is what github is built around. Github allows you to host Git repositories in the cloud so that you can share your code with the public or multiple developers.

More generally, version control allows you to keep track of changes in your code over time. This has obvious advantages when you are working on a project with multiple people because you don't have to worry about breaking something or losing your work.

The version control tool Git is what github is built around. Github allows you to host Git repositories in the cloud so that you can share your code with the public or multiple developers.

More generally, version control allows you to keep track of changes in your code over time. This has obvious advantages when you are working on a project with multiple people because you don't have to worry about breaking something or losing your work.

hmm thanks that sounds really usefull ill get that set up

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

hmm thanks that sounds really usefull ill get that set up

Let me know if you have questions.

As a web developer, software developer and system administrator with 10+ years experience I will tell you right now why this is not going to work for you.

1. I work for 40$/h, and if you are looking for someone who's good and sirius to work with you, you need to pay him at least 15-20$/h. And to make website as YouTube you need lot of hours. (Just for custom HTML5 player, just think about that)

2. You need about ~30TB for start. Every video today is ~100mb, even a single music spot video with 700p+.

3. Just for begging you need about 5 server, to make everything run as you expect.

4. You need need some server application (3-p app/custom code) on server to convert video in few resolutions and quality. And to do that fast you need strong, rly strong servers. (Even YouTube need 5-10 min for things like this)

5. One good (not even strong server with 1TB) costs about ~1000$, you can find them cheaper, but that is one really serious thing if you think about downtimes, etc.. (I don't even want to talk about bandwidth, which is not that important on some blog, but on video stream...)

So that mean you need at least 3-4 guys just for website code, 1 of them for system administration, and few other guys to check reported videos and work with legal things etc..

When you do math you need lot of money for something like this, so don't even try. (Because we all you YouTube)

As a web developer, software developer and system administrator with 10+ years experience I will tell you right now why this is not going to work for you.
1. I work for 40$/h, and if you are looking for someone who's good and sirius to work with you, you need to pay him at least 15-20$/h. And to make website as YouTube you need lot of hours. (Just for custom HTML5 player, just think about that)
2. You need about ~30TB for start. Every video today is ~100mb, even a single music spot video with 700p+.
3. Just for begging you need about 5 server, to make everything run as you expect.
4. You need need some server application (3-p app/custom code) on server to convert video in few resolutions and quality. And to do that fast you need strong, rly strong servers. (Even YouTube need 5-10 min for things like this)
5. One good (not even strong server with 1TB) costs about ~1000$, you can find them cheaper, but that is one really serious thing if you think about downtimes, etc.. (I don't even want to talk about bandwidth, which is not that important on some blog, but on video stream...)

So that mean you need at least 3-4 guys just for website code, 1 of them for system administration, and few other guys to check reported videos and work with legal things etc..
When you do math you need lot of money for something like this, so don't even try. (Because we all you YouTube)

I wouldn't say don't even try. He said himself he has no real goals for this and that he's not competing with YouTube. He just wants to have fun working on a project that he enjoys. I say give it all you got! Get as far as you can with what you have. Sharpen your skills and learn from any mistakes or roadblocks that you encounter along the way.

-snippsters-

Failure is a valuable learning tool.

Remember that these are barely teenagers. Getting this into any development project at such an age is a GOOD thing.

Getting this into any development project at such an age is a GOOD thing.

But he's not asking for help, he's asking for people to do it for him.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

But he's not asking for help, he's asking for people to do it for him.

I don't see that at all.

I don't see that at all.

"there will be no monetary perks in development stages!"

He wants to hire people but doesn't want to pay them. QED.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

"there will be no monetary perks in development stages!"

He wants to hire people but doesn't want to pay them. QED.

Well I can't argue with an acronym.