Luna - A Smart bed Cover

RevoltTrain

Everything around us is getting smarter, yet our beds stay the same

Luna learns your sleep patterns and habits to manage the temperature of your bed and communicate with smart home devices to provide you with comfort, convenience, and security while you sleep. 

On its own, Luna will learn your regular bedtime and set your bed to a comfortable temperature before you get into bed. 

While you sleep, Luna continues to adjust your bed temperature with the option to have a different temperature on each side of the bed, so both you and your partner can set your own preferences.

To help you wake up, Luna can detect your lightest point of sleep to set your smartphone alarm to go off at just the right time, without leaving you feeling groggy.

Luna also measures:
- Sleep Phases
- Heart Rate
- Breathing Rate
So you can see how restful your sleep was, without having to deal with "wearables."

Most of all, it's washable and easy to maintain!

It seems like a cool idea and if it is as good as they make it sound I'll definitely be picking one up, how about you? How do you feel about the automation of our everyday lives, from automatically locking our doors, to setting the temperature of your house, ro even coffee starting to brew it self? Is Luna, or other household automation devices something that interest you? Why or why not?

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Its a damn bed - you spend a few hours of it every day at night basically unconscious. I personally don't give a shit about how I sleep as long as I don't have a headache in the morning. God damn what a waste of money, oxygen, and server space!

am buying one ASAP

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I think that these kind of automation services and the automation of everything in our lives will be giving way too much information to marketers, and the govt. etc. so that they can know more about us and our lives then we even know ourselves, and also have the ability to predict our future actions. Don't get me wrong I think that these services will be useful to many people and likely improve quality of life, I just think that their potential for invading people's privacy is very large.

:)xD9_9:D:PB|

Its a damn bed - you spend a few hours of it every day at night basically unconscious. I personally don't give a shit about how I sleep as long as I don't have a headache in the morning. God damn what a waste of money, oxygen, and server space!

am buying one ASAP

Two kinds of people :P

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

This is really cool, but for right now, most people don't have smart locks, smart lamps, smart coffee machines and smart thermometers, some do, and that is awesome, but well all of that stuff is not standardized, you would have to buy the Luna *and* all of those things to really get your moneys worth.

EDIT: I should mention I know it does other stuff, but everything else seems kind of useless to me, its a bed..... I just like the idea of automation and everything being the way you want it, when you want it.

Build Modulus

[x] Intel Core i7 3770 [x] PNY xlr8 16gb(2x8) 1600mhz [x] Asus Strix 970 [x] Corsair h90, 3x corsair sp140, 1x Corsair af120 [x] ASRock Z77 Extreme4 [x] NZXT S340 [x] EVGA superNOVA NEX 650w [x] Asus xonar DG,Beyerdynamic dt770 Pro (80ohms), PreSonus M7, PreSonus AudioBox [x] WASD keyboard 104 key(Mx Brown) [x] Corsair M65 RGB [x] WD Blue 1TB 7200 HDD, WD passport 1tb [x] Asus VN247H-P, BenQ 2420Z [x]

Cycling Gear

[x] Giant Defy 5 [x] CamelBak Classic 2L [x] Nishiki Socorro [x] Giro Bravo Blue Jewel/Black [x] Midland Xtra-Talk w/ Headset (For Group Rides) [x] Casio G-Shock G100-1BV [x] Zefal Saddle Bag [x] Giant Control Mini MTB+ Frame Pump [x] Schwinn Expanding Cage [x] 2* Giant 700c*25c Tubes - Presta Valve [x] 2* Tire Levers [x] Stanley Allen Key Set [x] Mini-Lock For Saddle Bag [x]

Hmm, not sure, it seems like it'd be good, but I do agree with @Ahaber a bit. I think some things should be left unsmartified. ;)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Two kinds of people :P

tru xD

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

*Wont make your any better in bed.

Is that all you think about? :huh: LOL

while this is utterly useless for a healthy person,  this might be good for the purpose of sleep studies. there are a lot of people with problems regarding to sleep

even then unless this provides proper scientifically accurate and useful information its just useless. 

If im going to make a joke i might as well.

So yeah, first thing i though of when i put joke and smart bed cover together.

We wouldn't be "like" fishing would we? :P JK

Looks neat but at the same time incredibly unnecessary, If it's too cold while I'm in bed I'll walk 5 meters down the hall and change the temperature instead of spending $200 on a fancy bed cover. I also have an alarm clock rigged to my surround sound system so there is no chance I'm missing the alarm in the morning and being late for school/work.

I hope it doesn't track masturbation.

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons